Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MVFC 2016 recruiting class rankings

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MVFC 2016 recruiting class rankings

Loved Ben Hecht's comment about his family is in Fargo now. A good beginning that will serve him well as a Bison, and also a tribute to the authenticity our coaches bring to their recruiting efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you want to see how lame the rankings are. Morgan State was above us. At no time in modern history would they get within 4 TDS of us
    HUH??? Morgan State is listed at 241, we are 134. How in the hell is that above us???? They aren't even above Bubbles.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    HUH??? Morgan State is listed at 241, we are 134. How in the hell is that above us???? They aren't even above Bubbles.
    I meant Austin Peay.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonvet View Post
    uni was ranked 5th and this recruit evidently did not do his homework.

marcel minniefield told hero sports: "i think uni has been and still is a successful program, and they've been a contender for the national championship each year and i believe that won't change. Hopefully myself and the rest of my fellow recruits can push them to win a championship. The conference (missouri valley) is the best in division i-aa, and i believe it'll be tough, but i believe that after training with our coaching staff, we will be prepared."

http://herosports.com/news/ranking-t...s-in-the-fcs#8

yikes!!!!!!!!

I enjoy Brian's stuff, but he named what appear to be his top 4 and 2 of them only had NDSU offers. Maybe I am misunderstanding gem and top 3 after that.
    To me the safest way to rank classes now is based on what teams they beat out to get a player. Safe to assume HVD and Hecht would have gotten other offers if they hadn't verballed so early.

Biggest gem Radunz
    Other 3
    Koonce
    Cox
    Engel

FBS recruiting seems like a crap shoot and those are players that are high profile.

FCS recruiting has got to be even more impossible to figure out.
    College of Business Alumnus

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I don't know how credible 247 Sports is, but here are their rankings:

NDSU--134
    UNI--157
    SDSU--159
    ISU-R--164
    South Dakota--179
    YSU--182
    Western--198
    SIU--209
    Missouri Southern--223
    ISU-B--238

Bubbles--212

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Foo...teTeamRankings
    Kansas reporter think UNI got the best of Kansas state recruits. Also they got a TE 6'-8" and they got some DBs on the last day, Mikal, Nicolai on the last day...I was looking at their tapes, and it looks interesting, so their recruiting class is a bit of a head scratcher
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

if you look at the rankings and then look at total players- that is telling. These services do not do FCS. The do not have 40% of players on other teams listed and only about 50% of total players are rated. # of recruits and getting everyone and ranking them is not done. If you look at the top recruits all of them are in the south- When was the last time any small school in ND had a 3* guy by the services? They are there but they don't get any attention unless they spend thousands to attend Rivals or scout camps to get rated.

To me at FCS you need 3-4 top top end guys at any position you can get and fill the rest of your ships with need positions. You have to then fill 10-15 spots each year with your PWO/WO who can earn scholarships and may well turn out to be studs in year 3-5 years. The more players you get in and can work with a few years the better chance some turn out to be great.

Was looking for info on the rest of the MVFC recruiting classes, and came across an article that mentioned UNI only having 8 total DB's on the roster before adding the 2016 class. Looked at their roster and it checked out; but I noticed while I was there that their current roster only has 71 players on it. Add in 26 announced recruits this year for 97 total going into next year. I believe NDSU has 90 currently when the senior class is removed, with 28 announced recruits to make 118.

21 more players is more than I would expect, and I was wondering if anyone had any reasons for the discrepancy. Football budget concerns? No walk-on program at UNI? Fewer partial scholarships at UNI? Horrible attrition rates?