Page 94 of 126 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Spainiard kid? His name is Inigo Montoya.
    You keep using that word, mi amigo Runt Heopitán, and you seem a decent fellow, so I hate to correct you, but I do not think it means what you think it means.

But shoot, little Inigo is welcome all the same! Bring him along to our 1st Annual ThM "Recruit a Spaniard" Night!

From the folks who can't spell the word "independence" without the word "irreverent" (or can't spell at all, for that matter) ...............................

Happy Independence Day, Thunderstruck Makers!!

Thunderstuck the Beautiful

O beautiful those West Lot views,
    Where Bison flags fly high.
    Thy tents all filled with beer and booze
    And grill flames lick the sky!
    Oh Tailgate! Dear Tailgate!
    God made you just for thee,
    To rise and shine and sit in line,
    For one Lot opening!

O beautiful detection wand,
    You're gonna make me late.
    Here in game line behind this blonde
    I hit on while I wait!
    Game Safety and Security!
    You know what's best for thee.
    I only ask, don't make me mask.
    Keep players off their knees!

O beautiful that opening riff,
    Where Angus' fingers fly.
    I hear it now while in the biff
    I think I'm gonna cry!
    Oh Thunderstruck! Dear Thunderstruck!
    God melts thy face with thee
    Refresh thy soul with Rock and Roll
    And let thine ears so bleed!

O beautiful a power run
    What took you so damn long?
    The first two plays were from the "gun"
    Your whole game plan seems wrong!
    Oh Coordinate! Please Coordinate!
    Could do this in my sleep! (Dammit!)
    Don't be an ass and try to pass,
    And never run Jet Sweep!

O beautiful : we won again
    I'm yawning, what a day!
    Am so damn tired of FCS
    That pile of dung we play!
    Oh FBS! Dear FBS!
    No conference ever calls.
    Please have a chat with Dean and Matt
    And give those guys some balls!

O beautiful this decade run
    I never thought I'd see
    The things we've done, the games we've won
    It still amazes me!
    Oh Bison Pride! Dear Bison Pride!
    Don't let thy culture wane
    Just do things right, from morn to night,
    Herd Team and Fans the same!

Dearest Thunderstruck Makers,

As we get closer to the highly-anticipated AC/DC appearance this coming fall season ....... of which a time and date cannot be disclosed at this time for health and security reasons .......... it is with the greatest of pleasure and pants-wetting excitement that we CAN announce to you today that our beloved Supreme Head Super Honcho Bison Loaf will be LIVE on-line for the next 20 minutes or so (unless some dork pisses him off ), to answer your questions, receive your praises, and blow off your concerns.

This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity begins in ...... 3 ...... 2 ...... 1 ...... Go!

And good luck! (He's got a raging hangover and a bad case of the runs.)

Sincerely,
    The ThM Marketing Department

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Dearest Thunderstruck Makers,

As we get closer to the highly-anticipated AC/DC appearance this coming fall season ....... of which a time and date cannot be disclosed at this time for health and security reasons .......... it is with the greatest of pleasure and pants-wetting excitement that we CAN announce to you today that our beloved Supreme Head Super Honcho Bison Loaf will be LIVE on-line for the next 20 minutes or so (unless some dork pisses him off ), to answer your questions, receive your praises, and blow off your concerns.

This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity begins in ...... 3 ...... 2 ...... 1 ...... Go!

And good luck! (He's got a raging hangover and a bad case of the runs.)

Sincerely,
    The ThM Marketing Department
    A simple question - just for clarity for the late arrivers. This is in fact the band you have scheduled to appear yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULs4JW3tPI

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    A simple question - just for clarity for the late arrivers. This is in fact the band you have scheduled to appear yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULs4JW3tPI
    Oh dear, oh dear. This is awkward.

Please, people, please .......... now that we are a completely woke organization, the word "scheduled" is such a nasty and divisive term to us, and should never be used in relation to the values and ideals that Thunderstruck Makers now lives by.

We at ThM choose instead to identify as master purveyors of "materialization", which is a concept that is much more organic and inclusive. Therefore your question must first be re-phrased into one that is less accusatory and more thoughtful of the feelings of those around you, such as: "This is in fact the band you hope to have magically materialize at some point in the future, yes?" See how uplifting this simple change of phrasing can be? Damn, I'm feeling better about it already!

So, in answer to your now politically-correct and morally-clarified question, we say HELL YES! This is indeed the band that we hope to have magically materialize at some point in the future! (except, of course, for Bon Scott and Malcolm Young, who are in fact, totally and irretrievably dead at this point. We're good at ThM, but not THAT good.)

Oh dear, oh dear. This is awkward.

Please, people, please .......... now that we are a completely woke organization, the word "scheduled" is such a nasty and divisive term to us, and should never be used in relation to the values and ideals that Thunderstruck Makers now lives by.

We at ThM choose instead to identify as master purveyors of "materialization", which is a concept that is much more organic and inclusive. Therefore your question must first be re-phrased into one that is less accusatory and more thoughtful of the feelings of those around you, such as: "This is in fact the band you hope to have magically materialize at some point in the future, yes?" See how uplifting this simple change of phrasing can be? Damn, I'm feeling better about it already!

So, in answer to your now politically-correct and morally-clarified question, we say HELL YES! This is indeed the band that we hope to have magically materialize at some point in the future! (except, of course, for Bon Scott and Malcolm Young, who are in fact, totally and irretrievably dead at this point. We're good at ThM, but not THAT good.)
    Well put I say and yes I stand corrected. Totally understandable regarding the non-resurrection feature as well.*

Very clear now and I'm excited!

* still, if you really want to impress me ...

RED Alert ...........RED Alert ............. Delta Variant

Dear Concerned West Lot Citizens,

I am sorry to have to do this ..................................... but I think we're gonna have to pre-emptively cancel the yet-to-be-signed-or-announced-or-confirmed AC/DC appearance this coming fall season. Sumbitch!! And after all the work we've done on it too! (and by "we" I definitely mean "I", you know that by now, right?)

But the fact is, we've got a really scary Delta Variant of some Barry Manilow music (the Manilow Variant) making it's way around the country, and well ................................ we just cannot, for the well-being of the world's music-listening population, let this variant proliferate and wreak the kind of havoc that it is clearly capable of reeking. Yes, I know that 95% of you are now immune to the hypnotic and nonsensical crooning of this nefarious musical bastard, but if we can save just one life from having to hear this crap in the first place, isn't it worth totally wrecking the gnarly rock and roll lives of the rest of you?

Now please, there should be no backtalk on this issue. It's about safety, dammit, and I, obviously, am more concerned about the lives of my fellow man that the rest of you selfish pricks. I lived through the 1974-1976 time period when all was lost and "Mandy", "I Write The Songs", and "Looks Like We Made It" inexplicably became Number 1 Hits and were dominating the radio airwaves. As God is my witness, I could NEVER let that happen again! (Also, if we're being totally honest here, I find myself becoming addicted to the power of cancelling this stuff willy-nilly and will likely need an intervention over it in the near future.)

So, in closing, I ask that you just continue to compliantly go along with everything we say and do (and by "we", I mean "I" again) and we'll beat this Manilow Variant thing once and for all. (Until, of course, a Donna Summer Disco Variant rears it's ugly head. Then .... God help us!)

Yours in Safety,

Dr. Bison Loaf, Director
    National Institute of Musical Diseases (NIMD)
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 07-21-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Yes Sir Supreme Super Honcho Loaf Sir!

RED Alert ...........RED Alert ............. Delta Variant

Dear Concerned West Lot Citizens,

I am sorry to have to do this ..................................... but I think we're gonna have to pre-emptively cancel the yet-to-be-signed-or-announced-or-confirmed AC/DC appearance this coming fall season. Sumbitch!! And after all the work we've done on it too! (and by "we" I definitely mean "I", you know that by now, right?)

But the fact is, we've got a really scary Delta Variant of some Barry Manilow music making it's way around the country, and well ................................ we just cannot, for the well-being of the world's music-listening population, let this variant proliferate and wreak the kind of havoc that it is clearly capable of reeking. Yes, I know that 95% of you are now immune to the hypnotic and nonsensical crooning of this nefarious musical bastard, but if we can save just one life from having to hear this crap in the first place, isn't it worth totally wrecking the gnarly rock and roll lives of the rest of you?

Now please, there should be no backtalk on this issue. It's about safety, dammit, and I, obviously, am more concerned about the lives of my fellow man that the rest of you selfish pricks. I lived through the 1974-1976 time period when all was lost and "Mandy", "I Write The Songs", and "Looks Like We Made It" inexplicably became Number 1 Hits and were dominating the radio airwaves. As God is my witness, I could NEVER let that happen again! (Also, if we're being totally honest here, I find myself becoming addicted to the power of cancelling this stuff willy-nilly and will likely need an intervention over it in the near future.)

So, in closing, I ask that you just continue to compliantly go along with everything we say and do (and by "we", I mean "I" again) and we'll beat this Manilow Variant thing once and for all. (Until, of course, a Donna Summer Disco Variant rears it's ugly head. Then .... God help us!)

Yours in Safety,

Dr. Bison Loaf, Director
    National Institute of Musical Diseases (NIMD)
    Have you tried sealing a plastic bag over your head to see if that keeps you safe from the Manilow vibrations? As you are the head (and apparently a Dr) I figured you would be the first to test appropriate measures.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Have you tried sealing a plastic bag over your head to see if that keeps you safe from the Manilow vibrations? As you are the head (and apparently a Dr) I figured you would be the first to test appropriate measures.
    It is clear, grasshopper, that you have not been previously exposed to the near-mystical powers of a Manilow infection, and I pray that you NEVER feel or hear it's effects on an AC/DC life as we know it. The only sensible thing to do now is to make sure we mask up and put earplugs on our young school children that have no idea what the hell we are even talking about and who clearly are less disposed to listening to this crap in the first place.

That, and a lotta luck, oughta do it.