Page 9 of 126 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

I say we get the Grateful Dead.
    If the Stones can dig up keith richards for concerts, they should be able to get Jerry back.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I say we get the Grateful Dead.
    If the Stones can dig up keith richards for concerts, they should be able to get Jerry back.
    I was thinking it might be more appropriate that they sing "Touch of Grey" for the handful of fans at a F'Hawks tailgate.

"I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years
    It's even worse than it appears, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)
    Cow's giving kerosene, kid can't read at seventeen
    The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)

I will get by...... I will get by....... I will get by....... I will survive"

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I was thinking it might be more appropriate that they sing "Touch of Grey" for the handful of fans at a F'Hawks tailgate.

"I know the rent is in arrears, the dog has not been fed in years
    It's even worse than it appears, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)
    Cow's giving kerosene, kid can't read at seventeen
    The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright (we've still got hockey)

I will get by...... I will get by....... I will get by....... I will survive"
    : .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

My gosh, we really screwed the pooch on this golden opportunity in Fargo, people. I humbly accept the blame for everybody, but myself.

So can we please get someone to put a Bison Football jersey on Garth this time, so he can wear it when he sings "The Thunder Rolls" in May? I mean, sheesh, you've got 4 concerts to get it done! The first person that can verify that they personally accomplished this task, will get a genuine, bonafide, specially-autographed "Bison Loaf Rocked My Pom-Poms!" T-shirt this fall in the West Lot during the AC/DC meet-and-greet.
    Of all the concerts I've been to, the Garth Brooks concert I went to last year at the Pepsi Center was the loudest because of how riled up the crowd got. It was so loud, my ears actually started to hurt. Way more painful than that one time I was in front of a loud speaker at a KISS concert years ago in Cheyenne (https://www.facebook.com/Mr.MajaMojo.../419222109468/).

The one thing that amazes me about Garth is that for as much as he runs around (still very athletic for being a former javelin thrower at Oklahoma State), he never gets thin. Trisha must be one heck of a cook when you consider how much he moves around during a concert, sometimes twice a night.

His concert was one of the best life experiences I have ever had. Plus, the women are unbelievable at country concerts compared to rock concerts. So unbelievable that Izzy would struggle contain himself!

Hail the BISON!!!

Happy April 1st, Bisonville!

As expected, this thread is now rivaling something called the "Carson Wentz" phenomena for blowing up the internet! (honestly, people, do I really need to use the purple on this thread anymore!), so this is a perfectly appropriate day to update you all on what is happening with our beloved AC-DC project, and dispel some rumors, cheap shots, grumblings and other nasty items I've heard and seen around these interwebs. Here goes.

1. "Loaf is not able to make this happen, and is working on Plan B (a female AC/DC cover band), Plan C (the bagpipes AC/DC guy) and Plan D (a cheerleader routine of Thunderstruck)." Wow. Just wow! I'll have you know that I am Division 1 Classic Rock all the way, and even if I will not contribute monetarily to getting AC/DC to our West Lot, I WILL continue to call all of you visionless JV puds the nasty names that you deserve for not agreeing with or believing in me. In the meantime, contact has been made with the agents of Plan B, Plan C and Plan D.
    2. "Loaf is only in this to make himself look good." Is there a question or a problem in there someplace?

3. "I heard that, by law, there won't be pom-poms involved." I mean, reeaallly? By what law? The law of stupidity? I will only say this: when was the last big Loaf event that DIDN'T involve pom-poms?

4. "AC/DC will only agree to appear if (1) it is on ESPN Gameday, AND (2) Izzy and Samantha Ponder front the band in a duet of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Actually, there is a smidgen of truth to this one. Samantha has agreed, but Izzy is holding out for residuals and balking at the mandatory mullet.

5. "AC/DC will NEVER appear in the West Lot because Loaf once stole a girlfriend away from Angus Young (reportedly back in 1987, during a Bison off-week)." On the advice of counsel, no comment.

6. "I heard that real, actual lightning and thunder will appear at the exact moment that AC/DC cuts into "Thunderstruck". Finally, a level of sanity around here!

Happy April 1st, Bisonville!

As expected, this thread is now rivaling something called the "Carson Wentz" phenomena for blowing up the internet! (honestly, people, do I really need to use the purple on this thread anymore!), so this is a perfectly appropriate day to update you all on what is happening with our beloved AC-DC project, and dispel some rumors, cheap shots, grumblings and other nasty items I've heard and seen around these interwebs. Here goes.

1. "Loaf is not able to make this happen, and is working on Plan B (a female AC/DC cover band), Plan C (the bagpipes AC/DC guy) and Plan D (a cheerleader routine of Thunderstruck)." Wow. Just wow! I'll have you know that I am Division 1 Classic Rock all the way, and even if I will not contribute monetarily to getting AC/DC to our West Lot, I WILL continue to call all of you visionless JV puds the nasty names that you deserve for not agreeing with or believing in me. In the meantime, contact has been made with the agents of Plan B, Plan C and Plan D.
    2. "Loaf is only in this to make himself look good." Is there a question or a problem in there someplace?

3. "I heard that, by law, there won't be pom-poms involved." I mean, reeaallly? By what law? The law of stupidity? I will only say this: when was the last big Loaf event that DIDN'T involve pom-poms?

4. "AC/DC will only agree to appear if (1) it is on ESPN Gameday, AND (2) Izzy and Samantha Ponder front the band in a duet of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Actually, there is a smidgen of truth to this one. Samantha has agreed, but Izzy is holding out for residuals and balking at the mandatory mullet.

5. "AC/DC will NEVER appear in the West Lot because Loaf once stole a girlfriend away from Angus Young (reportedly back in 1987, during a Bison off-week)." On the advice of counsel, no comment.

6. "I heard that real, actual lightning and thunder will appear at the exact moment that AC/DC cuts into "Thunderstruck". Finally, a level of sanity around here!
    Admit it...you are the reason Brian Johnson's ears started bleeding.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Admit it...you are the reason Brian Johnson's ears started bleeding.
    Plausible………………….but likely unprovable in a court of law.

Is there anything Thunderstruck can't do?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/14...g-delivery.htm
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Is there anything Thunderstruck can't do?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/14...g-delivery.htm
    Nice find, BM2! And………...NO. There is absolutely NOTHING that Thunderstruck cannot do.

In fact, here are a few more things Thunderstruck is likely to do in the near future:

1. Add to the football championships at NDSU. (I know, I know, not exactly going out on a limb on this one )
    2. Be played live in the Fargo Dome West Lot. (BTW, let's agree that the Lots are to be henceforth known as "Thunder Tundra". I mean, c'mon, "Lots E, F, G and H"??!! We can do better than that!)
    3. Mentally will itself to be cranked up to ear-busting decibel levels in NDSU fans heads, as an NDSU player walks on stage as the first player taken at the NFL Draft! (That's right, go ahead and pinch yourself anytime. )
    4. Provide funds for a new 35k seat retractable-roof football stadium, after the Band gets disillusioned with Axl Rose, breaks up completely, and bequeaths the royalties of the song to NDSU.
    5. Provide the inspiration for someone, ANYONE to develop decent spoons for the damn Dippin' Dots at the Fargo Dome.
    6. Begin to magically morph Thunder Tundra tailgater's metabolism to be able to drink all day long and NOT have to use the bathroom even once during the tailgate OR the game.
    7. Somehow cause Bison Fans and Bisonvillers to respect knitters and milk drinkers. (Okay, I might have overreached a bit here.)
    8. Make UND women look tolerable, other than those times you're in a drunken stupor at closing time. (Gulp……asking a lot on this one!)
    9. Become an approved Wedding Day/Bride's March song at all major church denominations.
    10. Defeat ISIS, cure Ebola, hold Stephen Curry to under 10 points, stiffen the spine of the French Military, open a free love colony on Mars, and virtually anything else the rest of you can think to put in front of it…….because Thunderstruck IS Just That Powerful.

Dude, was the fargodome concert simply a meet and greet with Carson and prep for the live performance #1 pick of the draft surprise show?