Page 8 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    So...........you're saying there's a chance!

As for Gene, just tell him there'll be pom-poms.

My goodness gracious, I just don't know WHAT we will ever do if both AC/DC and KISS show up!
    First it was Meat Loaf, then AC/DC, and now Kiss---who's next, Kid Rock?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    First it was Meat Loaf, then AC/DC, and now Kiss---who's next, Kid Rock?
    Guilty, as charged. And not Kid Rock but you ARE forgetting about the other Bruuuuuuce. And there is an unsubstantiated rumor in our tailgate that I have a thing for Mick and the Stones, at times.

But wait, don't you have a Barry Manilow concert to rush off to?

I leave you with the immortal words of Bon Scott:

"Nobody's.... playing Manilow
    Nobody's..... playing soul
    And no one's playing hard to get
    Just that good old rock 'n' roll!"

Guilty, as charged. And not Kid Rock but you ARE forgetting about the other Bruuuuuuce. And there is an unsubstantiated rumor in our tailgate that I have a thing for Mick and the Stones, at times.

But wait, don't you have a Barry Manilow concert to rush off to?

I leave you with the immortal words of Bon Scott:

"Nobody's.... playing Manilow
    Nobody's..... playing soul
    And no one's playing hard to get
    Just that good old rock 'n' roll!"
    No way in Hades---country please---and I don't mean the country pop junk which, by the way, sucks. I have heard that Peter, Paul and Mary are available for your tailgating crew.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison loaf View Post
    so...........you're saying there's a chance!

As for gene, just tell him there'll be pom-poms.

my goodness gracious, i just don't know what we will ever do if both ac/dc and kiss show up!
    rap battle!!!!!!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Maybe someone needs to get Brian Johnson a Bison jersey because he will wear one. He sported a Peyton Manning jersey during the encore.

My gosh, we really screwed the pooch on this golden opportunity in Fargo, people. I humbly accept the blame for everybody, but myself.

So can we please get someone to put a Bison Football jersey on Garth this time, so he can wear it when he sings "The Thunder Rolls" in May? I mean, sheesh, you've got 4 concerts to get it done! The first person that can verify that they personally accomplished this task, will get a genuine, bonafide, specially-autographed "Bison Loaf Rocked My Pom-Poms!" T-shirt this fall in the West Lot during the AC/DC meet-and-greet.

I have come to the occlusion that you will do anything---anything---to keep this thread alive. I know your goal is to get as many hits as the Carson thread, but none of us will live that long!
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I have come to the occlusion that you will do anything---anything---to keep this thread alive. I know your goal is to get as many hits as the Carson thread, but none of us will live that long!
    Carson who? Does this Carson that you speak of have a competing thread someplace around here? Maybe I should check it out.

Need I remind you, however, that when AC/DC actually shows up in the West Lot, this thread is going to blow the cover off the whole dang internet! Then....THEN you're going to wish you were a lot nicer to me (sob, sniff).

In the meantime, you (and TAB) just get back to your corner and continue wishing that you could be me.

I'll contribute. I would love to see Axl/DC or Guns and DC or whatever they would call AC/DC fronted by Axl Rose.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I'll contribute. I would love to see Axl/DC or Guns and DC or whatever they would call AC/DC fronted by Axl Rose.
    Nice contribution, bm2, but unfortunately, this thread is generally reserved for completely unsubstantiated rumors, and this piece of news that you share is a bit more substantiated than I like to see. Therefore, I must disallow your contribution entirely. No hard feelings.

I admit, however, that it doesn't help that I'm a little pissed off, frankly, that the boys didn't go for my completely gnarly (is that still a word) recent audition as their lead singer, and they appear to have went with Mr. Rose instead, even if only on a 10-show, fill-in basis.

They said something about my voice sounding like Cyndi Lauper, whatever that means - and that I somehow lacked sex appeal (What, and Axl Rose doesn't?!). I suppose it didn't help that I had no musical rhythm whatsoever (#awfulwhitebisonfrontmen) and I can't play any sort of large instrument that hangs between my legs.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 03-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Nice contribution, bm2, but unfortunately, this thread is generally reserved for completely unsubstantiated rumors, and this piece of news that you share is a bit more substantiated than I like to see. Therefore, I must disallow your contribution entirely. No hard feelings.

I admit, however, that it doesn't help that I'm a little pissed off, frankly, that the boys didn't go for my completely gnarly (is that still a word) recent audition as their lead singer, and they appear to have went with Mr. Rose instead, even if only on a 10-show, fill-in basis.

They said something about my voice sounding like Cyndi Lauper, whatever that means - and that I somehow lacked sex appeal (What, and Axl Rose does?!). I suppose it didn't help that I had no musical rhythm whatsoever (#awfulwhitebisonfrontmen) and I can't play any sort of large instrument that hangs between my legs.
    You just made the case for Izzy. And he is BAD!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin