Page 40 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

[QUOTE=Bison Loaf;1214424]Even I'M speechless!!
    But it does remind me that we need to get a sitter for Angus's dogs (see below) while the boys are here.
    (I'd like to see ol' "Finn the Stud" try to put the moves on THIS little lady!)

Trust me. Finn prefers much higher quality!!!
    Now, add "dog-care for Angus's dog" onto your "to-do" list before you forget! FOCUS Loafy FOCUS!
    Last edited by bisonfanette; 07-27-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Fanette, you had an impressive find with the acoustic Thunderstruck guy! So impressive that I wanted to post the video here for membership ease of viewing (instead of the link) and officially add it to our great list of never-to-be-used backup acts. Congratulations!

See our current list of backup acts here....................http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Well, to be fair...................I have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to keep this thread on the serious and informative side of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Maybe you need a committee.
    Great idea! We'll call it The "Keep This Damn Thread Serious" Committee.

And I think there is a misconception out there that the Fhawkers are the clear flagship around here when it comes to committee forming. Little do people know, however, that we here at ThM have just as much expertise in forming and under-utilizing useless committees as the Fhawkers do, and feel we can go toe-to-toe with anybody in the nation, in this regard.

We've successfully used numerous committees in the past, such as our "Get Us An Awesome Logo" Committee, our "$1.4 Million Budget Deficit Is Nothing" Committee, and our "Live Performance Ranking" Committee.

We also have a great number of standing committees that do yeoman's work for this organization day in and day out, and I'd like to recognize those committees at this time:

The "Emergency Backup Act Evaluation" Committee
    The "Liquor Potency and Affordability" Committee
    The "Pom-Pom Quality Control" Committee
    The "Title IX/Beach Volleyball to the West Lot" Committee
    The "Barry Manilow Prevention" Committee
    The "Loaf For AC/DC Lead Singer Now" Committee
    The "Avoid Saying Dumb Crap Online" Committee (meets very infrequently, obviously)
    The "Don't Pick Up The Soap In Prison Legal Jeopardy" Committee
    The "Powers-That-Be Public Relations and Ass-Kissing" Committee
    The "SBOHT Secret Surveilance and Illegal Wiretap" Committee
    The "Samantha Ponder Love Letter/Restraining Order Reversal" Committee
    The "How Can We Blackmail The Big-12 For Entry" Committee
    The "Thunder Tundra/Horns Up/Middle Finger Trademarking" Committee
    The "Milk Drinkers and Knitters Rehabilitation and Shaming" Committee
    The "Shitters Are Full/Port-A-Potty Logistics" Committee

Thank you for all that you do!!

Fanette, you had an impressive find with the acoustic Thunderstruck guy! So impressive that I wanted to post the video here for membership ease of viewing (instead of the link) and officially add it to our great list of never-to-be-used backup acts. Congratulations!

See our current list of backup acts here....................http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I'm hoping for 50 extra membership points as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I'm hoping for 50 extra membership points as well?
    Don't push it, lady.

In his never ending quest to impress us, Axl Rose is now plying his wares closer and closer to the Fargo Mothership as the tailgating season nears, all pretty much confirming that ThM now holds all the cards in this delicate negotiation tango we're dancing. Here's his Thunder TundraTM audition tape done just last weekend at a Billy Joel concert in Minneapolis.

Billy Joel!?! What's next? Selling himself at a Yanni concert in Grand Forks?

Anyway, we're a month out, people.................time to let your opinions be voiced, but probably not heard....................... in the "Axl" or "no Axl" debate?

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyway, we're a month out, people.................time to let your opinions be voiced, but probably not heard....................... in the "Axl" or "no Axl" debate?

Shouldn't this be left to the "Axl" committee?

After their recommendation, we can hold a vote, pay a public relations company a lot of money and rest assured that we did the right thing.... unless we need another committee to evaluate our decision, of coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Shouldn't this be left to the "Axl" committee?

After their recommendation, we can hold a vote, pay a public relations company a lot of money and rest assured that we did the right thing.... unless we need another committee to evaluate our decision, of coarse.
    No, no, no................. you've got it all ass-backwards, Greenie!

Here, from Section 109.4 of the secret 'Thunderstruck Makers Propaganda Handbook/Wednesday League Billiards Guide':

"First, ThM makes a decision on what WE want to see happen without telling anybody, then we spend boat loads of money on a PR firm (with kickbacks, of course) to make it LOOK like we're being fair, objective and inclusive of all constituent's idiotic input, then we put up the PR firm's "recommendations" for a vote in which WE control the final results............................and finally, after seeing all the ridiculous choices OTHER than the one we wanted in the first damn place...........................the results that WE wanted in the first damn place, are verified and sent to a committee that confirms that this was their unanimous recommendation all along.

If people bitch, we blame it on the consultants. If they like it, we take all the credit and adulation. Here endeth the lesson."

But, honestly, I shouldn't be telling you all of this. People are going to start catching on to the secret to our huge popularity around here. Well, there's that......... and the fact that our lifetime leader is extremely charismatic and mesmerizing....................but that just goes without saying, I guess.

Besides..............do you REALLY think we could FIND anyone to be on an "Axl" committee? Think, man, think!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 08-08-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No, no, no................. you've got it all ass-backwards, Greenie!

Here, from Section 109.4 of the secret 'Thunderstruck Makers Propaganda Handbook/Wednesday League Billiards Guide':

"First, ThM makes a decision on what WE want to see happen without telling anybody, then we spend boat loads of money on a PR firm (with kickbacks, of course) to make it LOOK like we're being fair, objective and inclusive of all constituent's idiotic input, then we put up the PR firm's "recommedations" for a vote in which WE control the final results............................and finally, after seeing all the ridiculous choices OTHER than the one we wanted in the first damn place...........................the results that WE wanted in the first damn place, are verified and sent to a committee that confirms that this was their unanimous recommendation all along.

If people bitch, we blame it on the consultants. If they like it, we take all the credit and adulation. Here endeth the lesson."

But, honestly, I shouldn't be telling you all of this. People are going to start catching on to the secret to our huge popularity around here. Well, there's that......... and the fact that our lifetime leader is extremely charismatic and mesmerizing....................but that just goes without saying, I guess.

Besides..............do you REALLY think we could FIND anyone to be on an "Axl" committee? Think, man, think!

A couple thoughts:

1. There's a Handbook??!!??

2. You mentioned a lifetime leader that is "extremely charismatic and mesmerizing". Did we get a different leader when I wasn't paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    A couple thoughts:

1. There's a Handbook??!!??

2. You mentioned a lifetime leader that is "extremely charismatic and mesmerizing". Did we get a different leader when I wasn't paying attention?
    1. Well of course there is, dammit! I wrote it!

As much as we all hate to think about it, I'm probably only going to be around here for another 60-70 years tops! And my ideas and philosophies are so brilliant and original that I wanted to record them for all of posterity, so as not to completely derail the eventual poor bastards that are STILL arguing about a new football stadium, STILL trying to get us to into the Big-12, and STILL attempting to bring in AC/DC for a Live Intro Performance at this same time in the future. (Wait. Um.....Loaf? On that last one.........What???)

2. Oh, I can see my miniscule, yet vocal band of detractors from South Dakota have been putting the squeeze on you again. Stay strong, my friend, stay strong.