Page 37 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Are you suggesting that "The Body" himself come in here and take at whack at Thunderstruck?

Or.........are you suggesting that RTO dress up as "The Body" and have his own crack at the iconic Intro?
    I can hear the chant already 'RTO! RTO! RTO!'

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I can hear the chant already 'RTO! RTO! RTO!'
    Not so fast, my friend!

Assuming AC/DC doesn't show .......... which, I can assure you is a huge, extremely unlikely assumption ......... Baron Von Loaf is not about to just hand our beloved Thunderstruck over to a freaking "heel" like RTO The Body! We'd at least have a cage match for it!

......."and that is all the people of Fargo need to know!"
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 06-24-2017 at 03:32 PM.

New potential funding vehicle for AC/DC as Fargo dome house band and big 12 expansion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    New potential funding vehicle for AC/DC as Fargo dome house band and big 12 expansion

"American arrested for scamming Nigerians out of millions....................." http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...69#post1212069
    We're on it already, but have taken a slightly different tack.

Let's just say ........................ that all those damn Norwegians around here ..........................will never know what hit 'em.

My dear friends and underlings,

As we now enter into the July 4th holiday week, we know that the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America (and the Independence Day celebrations) get alot of attention around this time of year in this great country of ours.................and rightly so!

But I'm a little concerned that many of our young tailgaters are not fully aware that we too have, right here in our midst, a similar beloved document that will go down in the annals of mankind with the great written works of literature, and be forever looked upon as a defining moment in world tailgating history. We want to do our part in helping properly form these young mush-skulls, so ThM has spent gobs of money to provide all of you with a personal keepsake copy, nicely shrink-wrapped and delivered directly to your door, of this lesser known yet inspiringly beautiful piece of historical prose.

Be advised that if you are so unfortunate as to have a UND postal employee working your mail route, you can already kiss your commemorative copy goodbye. Therefore, we've taken the liberty of printing the text for you below. (But under NO circumstances should you call us about any postal problems!)

As you tearfully absorb the enormity of these words so written, and further remind yourselves of our unparalleled tailgating history..............always remember that it is our sacred oath, honor and duty to pass down these timeless principles to the next generation of progeny spewing forth from our loins, especially those that become Bison fans.

So with that, and to all of my fellow tailgating patriots..............have a wonderful Independence Day!! Live free and purple, or die trying!!

Loaf

The Unanimous Declaration of the Tailgating Inhabitants of Thunder Tundra
    Dated: So long ago.........no one can even remember.

In the course of human tailgating events, it sometimes becomes necessary for one Herd of people to proclaim their independence and greatness from the rest of the piddling and pudly college football world (except Alabama, of course), and to assume new alcohol-fueled powers upon this sacred earth and frozen tundra, that includes certain natural-born RIGHTS, largely based upon a confusing and top-heavy priority point system, to (1) peacefully inhabit and enjoy a little strip of tailgating ground, (2) tailgate for an unlimited and unsupervised amount of time, and (3) have an adequate, wait-free amount of porta-potties on site to conduct our important personal business.

Therefore, we hold these truths to be self-evident, that most NDSU tailgaters are, meh, more or less created equal, that some are VERY well endowed by their Creator , and that EACH and ALL are vested with certain unalienable rights on Bison Gamedays; that among these are unlimited Food & Alcohol, an ear-shattering AC/DC Team Intro, a packed and paved lot full of great Fun & Fellowship, semi-regular ESPN Gameday appearances, and the expectations of winning multiple National College Football Championships.

That to secure these rights, great organizations (by the name of Thunderstruck Makers, specifically) are duly and lovingly forced upon such people for their own damn good, and in doing so derive their inevitable, awesome and nuclear-defended powers from the consent of those people so brillantly governed, even if they be knitters and milk drinkers.

However, that whenever any form of tailgating organization knowingly becomes destructive of these ends ('knowingly' being the key word here), it is the right of said people to bitch, whine, and maybe even swear a bit under their breath; but to NEVER, and we mean NEVER, seriously question or attempt to throw off, in any way, the lifetime leadership that has been so established for....... need we repeat this again?...... their own damn good in the first place!

Prudence, indeed, will rightly dictate that beloved organizations like Thunderstruck Makers, thus long established for the good of themselves and sometimes others, shall not be changed willy-nilly for the people's own shallow, petty and/or idiotic ideas and causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that tailgaters are rightly more disposed to leave things as they are, and let this hard-working and highly paid group of honchos take care of everything for them, espcecially getting AC/DC in here to perform live or procuring an invite to the Big-12.

Indeed, even when a long train of abuses and usurpations by AC/DC themselves, cause this well chosen governing body to be unable to fulfill it's promises and obligations (why is this clause even in here, this is never gonna happen?!), or to so much as even slightly make that governing body look bad; it is the right and the duty of the people to be angry with said iconic rock band, but to never go so far as to scratch a single record, smudge a single compact disc, or fail to backup even a single digital copy of the enormous talent thus so encapsulated within it.

Therefore and whereas, we, the greatest fans in the history of college football, generally sober of mind and body at this particular moment in time (but let's hurry this thing along, dammit), and assembled en masse on a Saturday afternoon in the fall, do hereby solemnly publish and declare, that these Thunder Tundra tailgating lots are, and of human rights ought to be...... free and independent tailgating states ---- subject to the rights and protections of the Geneva Convention, NATO Military Alliances, and the Bankruptcy Courts of all civilized nations ---- and that we, the people, are to be governed and run roughshod over by the organization of our own free will and choosing, Thunderstruck Makers.

That, AS free and independent tailgating states, we the people, under the heavy yoke of our brilliant yet erratic chosen leadership, hath full power to (1) freely pursue classic rock in the form of AC/DC, (2) shake and fondle pom-poms with full impunity, (3) drink rot-gut liquor in all forms available to us, (4) open up a huge can of good-natured smack upon fellow Bison tailgaters, while at the same time (5) humiliate and wage war upon Jacks, Panthers, and Fawkers fans everywhere & anywhere they might be found, (6) relentlessly pursue and pressure the Big-12 conference into full, fee-free membership at a time and place of our own choosing, and (7) assess unto ourselves, with the benevolent help of crack ThM number-crunchers, enormous amounts of dues and fees in the relentless and expensive pursuit of such righteous ends.

And for the support of this historic declaration, with a firm allegience to, and reliance upon the protection of the big man upstairs (So help us, Loaf!), we mutually pledge to each other and, more importantly, to ThM themselves ........... our logo-wrapped rigs, our swollen livers, our punctured eardrums, our disposable income, and our once sacred honor..............or what is left of same after a hellacious day of tailgating.

Signed in blood & beer,

All Bison Football Tailgaters,
    Ever, Now, and Forever.
    Amen.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 06-28-2017 at 09:04 PM.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Tailgating of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." Abraham Lincoln (if he were a Bison fan)
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    "Tailgating of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." Abraham Lincoln (if he were a Bison fan)
    Ahhh........I see you have come a long way, Grasshopper, but your journey to full wisdom is not yet complete. Continue your studies below, report back to us in the fall with 3 unopened cases of Thunderstruck Tequila and a lock of what's left of Mark Farley's hair (wash it first, dammit!) ..................... and we just may take your membership under advisement.

"Whatever level football team you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln weighing in on the NDSU FCS/FBS Debate

"NDSU football will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose a game, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln responding in a Bisonville Thread

"Those who deny tailgating, alcohol and AC/DC to others, deserve it not for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln word smacks "The Powers That Be"

"I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down from Grand Forks and be an atheist, but I cannot concieve how a man could look into the Fargo tailgating lots and say there is no God." - Abraham Lincoln opining on the differences in local fanbases

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time, unless they're members in good standing of Thunderstruck Makers." - Abraham Lincoln praises Thunderstruck Makers

"Nearly all teams can stand adversity, but if you want to test an opponent's true character, run power." - Abraham Lincoln, on his NDSU Offensive Play-Calling Philosophy

"My dream is of a place and time where Fargo will once again be seen as the last best hope for tailgating as it was meant to be." - Abraham Lincoln advocates for permanent ESPN Gameday residency

"If this country is ever demoralized, it will come from trying to live without Bison tailgating." - Abraham Lincoln warns of boycotting the 5-mile General Admission line

"Faith is not believing that The Bison can, but that The Bison WILL." - Abraham Lincoln regarding Bison Culture and Mystique

Ahhh........I see you have come a long way, Grasshopper, but your journey to full wisdom is not yet complete. Continue your studies below, report back to us in the fall with 3 unopened cases of Thunderstruck Tequila and a lock of what's left of Mark Farley's hair (wash it first, dammit!) ..................... and we just may take your membership under advisement.

"Whatever level football team you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln weighing in on the NDSU FCS/FBS Debate

"NDSU football will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose a game, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln responding in a Bisonville Thread

"Those who deny tailgating, alcohol and AC/DC to others, deserve it not for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln word smacks "The Powers That Be"

"I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down from Grand Forks and be an atheist, but I cannot concieve how a man could look into the Fargo tailgating lots and say there is no God." - Abraham Lincoln opining on the differences in local fanbases

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time, unless they're members in good standing of Thunderstruck Makers." - Abraham Lincoln praises Thunderstruck Makers

"Nearly all teams can stand adversity, but if you want to test an opponent's true character, run power." - Abraham Lincoln, on his NDSU Offensive Play-Calling Philosophy

"My dream is of a place and time where Fargo will once again be seen as the last best hope for tailgating as it was meant to be." - Abraham Lincoln advocates for permanent ESPN Gameday residency

"If this country is ever demoralized, it will come from trying to live without Bison tailgating." - Abraham Lincoln warns of boycotting the 5-mile General Admission line

"Faith is not believing that The Bison can, but that The Bison WILL." - Abraham Lincoln regarding Bison Culture and Mystique
    Abe is so honest.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For the record, I brought Tatankas (Bisongrass vodka, apple juice, and cinnamon) to the game in Cedar Falls last year and served them in Ames several years ago!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.