Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Ah, Hell! I suppose it's about that time of the year to solicit your "valued" opinions (yada, yada, yada). Let it be known that we are not afraid of mindless feedback here at Thunderstruck Makers, and we challenge you to be as hard on us as you feel proper, even if you're obviously wrong. We'll ALL be the, uh, "better" for it in the long run (oh man, I crack myself up sometimes). Please pick one of the tough answers below for each of these burning, controversial questions, and we'll let the chips fall where they may.

Pencils up..............Begin.

Thunderstruck Makers Constituent Survey

1. How would you rate Thunderstruck Maker's (ThM) contributions to your overall enjoyment of Bison Football?
    a. Outstanding
    b. Amazing
    c. Better than sex
    d. All of the above

2. Relatedly, are you considering a personal monetary contribution to ThM this year that is:
    a. Substantially more than last year?
    b. Greatly more than last year?
    c. The most I've ever given to anyone, ever?
    d. "Start packing your bags, we're headed to the Big-12?"

3. Besides their obvious great personalities and sexy bods, what do you like best about ThM leadership?
    a. They respect my time by reluctantly letting me in on things only when it suits their awesome agenda.
    b. They really know how to spend my contributions unnecessarily, when it's necessary.
    c. They practice "tough love" by not listening to my terrible opinions and ideas, and I'm a better person for it.
    d. They graciously let the phones keep ringing and ringing when I call, instead of sending it straight to the hated voicemail.

4. Who do you blame most for the fact that AC/DC has not previously shown up for a live tailgating performance of Thunderstruck?
    a. Brian Johnson's ears.
    b. Axl Rose.
    c. The State Board of Higher Tailgating.
    d. Well it's not Loafy, that's for sure!

5. Hypothetically, if they refuse to play Thunderstruck, what other song would you most like to hear AC/DC perform live when they show up this fall?
    a. You're kidding, right?
    b. Get outta here with that nonsense!
    c. OMG!! Thunderstruck Tequila just shot out of my nose!!!
    d. Dammit, that's nothing to joke about, asswipe!

6. If you absolutely had to (but don't want to) say something that you dislike about ThM, what would it be?
    a. They're so damn successful, I get jealous sometimes.
    b. They get all the best looking chicks, including mine, and I get really jealous sometimes.
    c. They are so smart and creative, that I get really, really jealous sometimes.
    d. They haven't done one damn thing about the frickin' Dippin' Dots.

7. Who do you blame most for not getting anything done about the Dippin' Dots?
    a. Fargo Dome Security.
    b. The Powers That Be.
    c. Bresciani. That sucker must go!
    d. Not Loafy, that's for sure!

8. Overall then, as an organization, how would you rate Thunderstruck Makers:
    a. Top-Notch.
    b. Championship Caliber.
    c. Ready for Prime-Time P5.
    d. Bison Dynasty Worthy.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 03-15-2017 at 01:25 AM.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Ah, Hell! I suppose it's about that time of the year to solicit your "valued" opinions (yada, yada, yada). Let it be known that we are not afraid of mindless feedback here at Thunderstruck Makers, and we challenge you to be as hard on us as you feel proper, even if you're obviously wrong. We'll ALL be the, uh, "better" for it in the long run (oh man, I crack myself up sometimes). Please pick one of the tough answers below for each of these burning, controversial questions, and we'll let the chips fall where they may.

Pencils up..............Begin.

Thunderstruck Makers Constituent Survey

1. How would you rate Thunderstruck Maker's (ThM) contributions to your overall enjoyment of Bison Football?
    a. Outstanding
    b. Amazing
    c. Better than sex
    d. All of the above

2. Relatedly, are you considering a personal monetary contribution to ThM this year that is:
    a. Substantially more than last year?
    b. Greatly more than last year?
    c. The most I've ever given to anyone, ever?
    d. "Start packing your bags, we're headed to the Big-12?"

3. Besides their obvious great personalities and sexy bods, what do you like best about ThM leadership?
    a. They respect my time by reluctantly letting me in on things only when it suits their awesome agenda.
    b. They really know how to spend my contributions unnecessarily, when it's necessary.
    c. They practice "tough love" by not listening to my terrible opinions and ideas, and I'm a better person for it.
    d. They graciously let the phones keep ringing and ringing when I call, instead of sending it straight to the hated voicemail.

4. Who do you blame most for the fact that AC/DC has not previously shown up for a live tailgating performance of Thunderstruck?
    a. Brian Johnson's ears.
    b. Axl Rose.
    c. The State Board of Higher Tailgating.
    d. Well it's not Loafy, that's for sure!

5. Hypothetically, if they refuse to play Thunderstruck, what other song would you most like to hear AC/DC perform live when they show up this fall?
    a. You're kidding, right?
    b. Get outta here with that nonsense!
    c. OMG!! Thunderstruck Tequila just shot out of my nose!!!
    d. Dammit, that's nothing to joke about, asswipe!

6. If you absolutely had to (but don't want to) say something that you dislike about ThM, what would it be?
    a. They're so damn successful, I get jealous sometimes.
    b. They get all the best looking chicks, including mine, and I get really jealous sometimes.
    c. They are so smart and creative, that I get really, really jealous sometimes.
    d. They haven't done one damn thing about the frickin' Dippin' Dots.

7. Who do you blame most for not getting anything done about the Dippin' Dots?
    a. Fargo Dome Security.
    b. The Powers That Be.
    c. Bresciani. That sucker must go!
    d. Not Loafy, that's for sure!

8. Overall then, as an organization, how would you rate Thunderstruck Makers:
    a. Top-Notch.
    b. Championship Caliber.
    c. Ready for Prime-Time P5.
    d. Bison Dynasty Worthy.
    1. d 2. d 3. c 4. b 5. c 6. d 7. c 8. c

Ok, I think we can all agree that THIS would fit in very nicely out in Thunder TundraTM. (twss)

Of course, we'd have to have them learn how to play 'Thunderstruck'. I don't care care how damn GOOD they look................they MUST be able to do 'Thunderstruck'!

And THAT (I'm really, really, REALLY thinking...for right now, at least) is non-negotiable.

That was awesome!

Finally, our favorite holiday – April Fools Day (also know as April ThM Day) - is here, and behold, after two weeks of sleepless nights and tens of thousands of dollars spent on consultants to interpret your nuanced responses ………….. we’ve got the results of our first, last and only Thunderstruck Makers Constituent Survey to celebrate with! That’s right, people! Much like the bedrock, unchangeable word of the "The Flagship” itself, this will be the ONLY time we will visit this survey stuff during my tenure. PERIOD.

Well, needless to say, our base appears to be extremely happy with this beloved organization, it’s stellar past and future performance, and it’s charismatic leadership. After sifting through almost 250 individual responses (all of them, of course, claiming to be major donors for a Big-12 move), our consultants have joyfully concluded that a full 34.15% of ThM constituents have a “somewhat positive" view of Thunderstruck Makers (even with a survey overly and egregiously weighted down with negativity). Additionally, if we include those with an “ever so slightly positive” view of ThM, the percentage skyrockets to 36.9%! I’ll let you just imagine what the giddy numbers were for those that had a “meh, I guess they’re alright” overall view!! Illuminating!

So, mission accomplished and victory quickly declared…………BUT we did make one very critical mistake in all of this hoopla. We somehow forgot to delete the section that asked for “your valued written comments”, before sending the survey out!! Damn! What a rookie mistake THAT was! So now, according to the Geneva Convention (look it up), we are required to give a representative sampling of what we ended up wasting all our precious time reading last week (a.k.a. your comments), including the official ThM responses to each! Chalk it up to “lessons learned” I guess, but dammit, this isn’t helping us get AC/DC here any faster!

"Angus Young has to go. His song selections on their set lists are terrible. Every song should be Power Rock up the gut, but he keeps wanting to pass on those and play sweeping, mis-directed love ballads like ‘Big Balls”. Does he not know that they are AC frickin’ DC!?! Pound the damn Rock, Angus, or I take my donations and go elsewhere."

The armchair Rock Band leaders in Thunderstruck Makers are nothing if not intense!

"AC/DC is so JV. When are you guys going to start playing in the big time with big-time acts? AC/DC was maybe something to talk about in the 1980’s, but now they’re just tired and old. ‘Thunderstruck'? Give me a break! There’s nothing magical about Thunderstruck itself …..just look at the basketball intro. No, it’s time to get into a conference that schedules tailgating acts that people care about. I bet you lazy bastards haven’t even ASKED if we can get those big acts in here. What are you waiting for…………an invite from THEM? Dumb asses!"

If we were lazy, you wouldn’t have seen AC/DC in here by now.

"All I know is that Taylor Swift came here one time, stole a Brock Jensen jersey, and we got more press in one day…………….than a MILLION live ‘Thunderstruck’s could EVER give us. Just saying’."

Duly noted. Two years ago, we WERE working on a scheme where "that Wentz kid" (anybody still remember him?) would steal an Angus Young schoolboy uniform, and wear it on NFL draft day. Goodell quickly signed off on it, but alas, the band ended up shafting us on that one by not showing up. Working on a similar idea with "this Deluca kid that we're hearing good things about" this year.

"Hey Loaf, can I get the recipe for your spinach dip? I love that stuff…………….and your awesome tailgate, of course. But AC/DC, man? I think you may have completely lost what’s left of your severely alcohol-damaged mind! I feel like I don’t even KNOW you sometimes………..or believe that I even WANT to. Anyway, talk at you later, my friend. Oh, and don’t forget to repay the C-note, the Jaegermeister, and the Preparation H that you borrowed from me last fall."

A prophet is not without honor, except in his own house, among his own kin. And there, he could do no mighty deeds.

"First, GameDay comes in here and goes downtown (twice!) instead of to the tailgating lot where it should have been (I just bet you also had something to do with that stroke of stupidity), and now you’re trying to get AC/DC into the tailgating lot instead of to where THEY should be………………..in the front yard of an NDSU frat house! Try selling your "Madison Avenue” bull-crap someplace else, Pops. This is Fargo you’re dealing with, and we greeks got our own way of doing things around here!"

Son….….I get the sneaky feeling that you think of us as a bunch of out-of-touch nimrods ……….but I can assure you that we’ve been "around the block” a time or two. Did you know that there is going to be plentiful demon alcohol at the AC/DC shindig (Lord have mercy)? And did you also know that we have never once seen, nor heard of, a drop of liquor in an NDSU frat house? So given those indisputable facts, the choice is clear. In the tailgating lot it will remain ………… unless Samantha Ponder sweet talks us into doing otherwise! (Drops Mic)
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 04-01-2017 at 02:53 PM.

The "system" is saying I can't positive rep you. What's with that? Seriously Loafy... are you getting paid enough for all of the work you are doing on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    The "system" is saying I can't positive rep you. What's with that? Seriously Loafy... are you getting paid enough for all of the work you are doing on this?
    Whaaaaa?!! Road Warrior must have put me on double secret probation again! But that's OK, it's probably well deserved, and certainly long overdue.

As for the highly-deserved recompense, fanette, I did run out of lobster and caviar last week...................so yeah, things are starting to get a little tight around here (sniffle, sniffle, ). But I'm not one to complain.

Just the look on your face when Angus pulls you up on stage, autographs the gazillions of Bison Signs you carry around, and then lets you reach down and touch his.....................guitar................... will all be worth it!!

1. Gene Taylor to Big 12. NDSU Big 12 Wrestling. KState, Iowa State Fball wins, Oklahoma B ball tourney win.

2. AC/DC has an American (football loving?) singing the lead.

3. ???

4. NDSU to Big 12 all sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    1. Gene Taylor to Big 12. NDSU Big 12 Wrestling. KState, Iowa State Fball wins, Oklahoma B ball tourney win.

2. AC/DC has an American (football loving?) singing the lead.

3. ???

4. NDSU to Big 12 all sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what happens when you (1) start an organization imbued with a laser-like purpose, (2) hire world-class management to run the organization, (3) task that management with implementing an unbelievably great plan, and (4) allow management full reign to focus on brilliantly executing that plan.......even in the face of institutional, political, religious and prejudicial naysaying.

Was it Audacious? YES! Were there Doubters and Haters? Most definitely! Is it Working? Obviously.

I mean ............ can I help it ................ if a cocky and egotistical bunch of damn foreigners won't play ball with us (so far ) on objective #3?

In honor of this week's Spring Game, we here at Thunderstruck Makers have decided to designate the entire week as "Teach Your Children" Week!

"Teach your children well, Dad's off-season hell did slowly go by,
    And feed them your tailgate dreams, the AC/DC song they pick's the one you'll know by."

And even though we constantly instruct all of you to NEVER call us or contact us, you can't believe all the letters, e-mails, twitters, snatch chats and the like that we get about your damn children. Most of them go something like this:

Dear Thunderstruck Makers:

I passed on season tickets and reserved tailgating spots a few years ago, because I never could believe that his whole Bison FB and tailgating thing would ever take off like it has. But now my children are getting older, and they are dying to attend a game and come tailgating. Other than complaining incessantly about not having the seats or my own personal tailgating spots available to me when I'm damn good and ready for them, how do I really know when my kids are ready to take in the sights and sounds of the entire Bison Game Day experience?

Signed,

Concerned in Sioux Falls

So, as a public service, we here at ThM put together this little video to help you in your decision-making process. It's really very simple, people. (dammit ) Just slap some over-the-ear, noise-cancelling headphones on the little brat in question.........crank up the volume.............and start counting to 5. If, in that amount of time, the kid starts smiling (or looking shocked - either is acceptable ), and/or their head starts bobbing to the rockin' beat, and/or they start getting a wild, savage look in their eye...................the kid is ready, already! What the hell are you waiting for!!

If the kid starts crying, however .............and with our official condolences, of course .......................... we suggest you take the obviously defective future fan to a UND game and tailgate instead. Lots of tickets and tailgating available there ............ and they won't be troubled by any pesty noise either!

So Watch, Learn and Enjoy!! Tailgating season is not far away....we promise!! (Of course, 'Thunderstruck' is first, right out of the gate in the first 90 seconds of the video.)

Last edited by Bison Loaf; 04-19-2017 at 06:00 PM.

In honor of this week's Spring Game, we here at Thunderstruck Makers have decided to designate the entire week as "Teach Your Children" Week!

"Teach your children well, Dad's off-season hell did slowly go by,
    And feed them your tailgate dreams, the AC/DC song they pick's the one you'll know by."

And even though we constantly instruct all of you to NEVER call us or contact us, you can't believe all the letters, e-mails, twitters, snatch chats and the like that we get about your damn children. Most of them go something like this:

Dear Thunderstruck Makers:

I passed on season tickets and reserved tailgating spots a few years ago, because I never could believe that his whole Bison FB and tailgating thing would ever take off like it has. But now my children are getting older, and they are dying to attend a game and come tailgating. Other than complaining incessantly about not having the seats or my own personal tailgating spots available to me when I'm damn good and ready for them, how do I really know when my kids are ready to take in the sights and sounds of the entire Bison Game Day experience?

Signed,

Concerned in Sioux Falls

So, as a public service, we here at ThM put together this little video to help you in your decision-making process. It's really very simple, people. (dammit ) Just slap some over-the-ear, noise-cancelling headphones on the little brat in question.........crank up the volume.............and start counting to 5. If, in that amount of time, the kid starts smiling (or looking schocked - either is acceptable ), and/or their head starts bobbing to the rockin' beat, and/or they start getting a wild, savage look in their eye...................the kid is ready, already! What the hell are you waiting for!!

If the kid starts crying, however .............and with our official condolences, of course .......................... we suggest you take the obviously defective future fan to a UND game and tailgate. Lots of tickets and tailgating available there ............ and they won't be troubled by any pesty noise either!

So Watch, Learn and Enjoy!! Tailgating season is not far away....we promise!! (Of course, 'Thunderstruck' is first right out of the gate in the first 90 seconds of the video.)

Snatch chat? Is that in the App store?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]