Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Ok, I've had enough of talking about the Target Field game for now, so I've come to my "safe" place and decided to post a public service message for all of you loyal readers.

Good communication is a hallmark of great leadership, and Lord knows I've got both of those in spades! We are getting new Thunderstruck Maker Inner Circle members each day (although not any, unfortunately, that feel like donating…...the cheap bastards!), and like most new members, they don't want to have to go back and read this entire thread to get up to speed on the awesome happenings within ThM (they're lazy bastards, too…..but we luv 'em)!

So…………………………..I give you……………….

The Thunderstruck Makers Abridged Dictionary

AC/DC: THE very definition of Rock Band. Performers of the classic 'Thunderstruck'. Closely associated with NDSU Football across the world.
    Angus: Angus Young, legendary lead guitarist and showman of AC/DC. Likes to yank Bison Loaf's chain from time to time.
    Backup Plan <xyz>: A bunch of great potential 'Thunderstruck' acts lined up to come in on the small (laughably small) chance that AC/DC doesn't show up.
    Big & Rich: Extremely controversial suggestion as an appropriate fall back act by some non-accredited and rogue Inner Circle members of ThM. Does, however, have certain GameDay ties.
    Bon: Bon Scott, legendary former lead singer of AC/DC who died from alcohol poisoning in 1980. All head gear is properly removed when uttering his name.
    BJ: Brian Johnson, longtime lead singer of AC/DC and iconic voice of 'Thunderstruck', who just recently had to stop performing due to hearing loss. What did you think BJ meant?
    Budget Deficit: A necessary financial tool in successfully running a flagship organization.
    Crack Team of Number Crunchers: A group of ThM Honchos charged with keeping the organization on the "cutting-edge" of red ink.
    Dammit: Word that usually pre-curses the conveyance of extreme frustration with the ThM constituency, and/or signals the use or non-use of the color purple.
    Drink Umbrellas: Popular perk provided to members in good standing of the ThM inner Circle. Civil war almost broke out when they were on the chopping block.
    GameDay: ESPN's College GameDay, national football show that loves Fargo and has close ties to ThM. Would be here every home game if the P5 schools would let them.
    Have you called ThM?: What an Inner Circle member will politely tell you when one of your ideas really, really sucks.
    HerdBoy: #1 fan of Bon Scott. Thinks Scott's death in 1980 was staged, and that Bon's been living in south Fargo all these years.
    Honcho: Any project leader, minion, or secret operative on the ThM payroll. Should be revered at all times, but never trusted.
    Hooch: A word used in ThM circles so that the Milk Drinkers and Knitters don't know what we're REALLY drinking out in Thunder Tundra.
    Inner Circle: A group of privileged ThM donors that receive important secret text messages precious seconds before anyone else, including Forum Communications.
    KISS: Legendary Rock Band attempting to horn it's way in on the upcoming Thunder Tundra extravaganza.
    Loaf or Loafy: Bison Loaf, iconic founder and beloved lifetime Executive Honcho of Thunderstruck Makers. A bonafide legend in his own mind.
    Malcolm, or Mal: Malcolm Young, the spiritual leader of AC/DC who now, like Trans Am Bison, is battling the complications of dementia.
    Philly-boy, or Rudder: Phil Rudd, former drummer of AC/DC, who was incarcerated under home arrest for attempting to have a hit job put on a couple of people. Rumors that those people were Big Undies & Nilknarf are largely untrue.
    Pom-poms: aka Pom-pons, highly endorsed ThM fan participation tool that, when manipulated properly and rythmically, has a stimulating effect on all parties handling or viewing them.
    Priority Points: Points earned for greasing the palms of ThM Honchos. Can be used only for entry into the AC/DC "Meet 'n Greet" event.
    Pud: Anything that is not Big-12-like or AC/DC-esque.
    SBOHT: State Board of Higher Tailgating – a bunch of dipshits whose only purpose on earth is to annoy and frustrate the hell out of Bison Loaf.
    Slap a Bison Jersey on <abc>: Slang for any ThM member not stepping up to the plate. Such as, "Hell, we couldn't even get someone to slap a Bison jersey on Garth Brooks when he was here!"
    ThM: Shortened version of Thunderstruck Makers.
    Thunderstruck Makers: Extremely popular and beloved organization established to bring AC/DC into Thunder Tundra for a future live performance of 'Thunderstruck'. Also has a vested interest in promoting alcohol consumption, pom-poms, classic rock, satire, and world-class tailgating.
    Thunderstruck (the song): Underlying foundation of the greatest intro in college football, for the greatest dynasty in college football.
    Thunderstruck Tequila: Official Hooch of Thunder Tundra and Thunderstruck Makers.
    Thunder Tundra: Trademarked name of the West Tailgating Lots in Fargo, North Dakota – Home of the 13-time Champs, the Mighty Bison of NDSU.
    Unsubstantiated Rumors: The true lifeblood of the Thunderstruck Makers organization.
    Vet: Bison Vet, long-time nemesis of Bison Loaf and leader of a dissident group of small-time thinkers. Loves Barry Manilow and spinach dip. That about says it all.
    What have you done about the damn Dippin' Dots?: Code phrase used in those extremely rare times in which you're not happy with ThM leadership.

Just thought I'd throw this in here...

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this in here...

Maybe it's the dress......................... or maybe it's the combination of the dress, the guitar, the swaying movement, and the heels up on the drum, all in conjunction with the smart interpretation of this iconic classic rock anthem....................but, oddly enough, I'm really diggin' this right now and, for some reason, I feel dirty about really diggin' this right now!

Damn you, Rock and Roll! And damn you to hell, AC/DC!!!

(But, 1,000 "Meet 'n Greet" priority points for you, bri-dog! Well done!)

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This one's pretty epic as well...sorry if posted already. Wait for it...
    https://youtu.be/yv6jiqVmmSI

As long as we are doing a thread homage to 'Highway to Hell'...........................Happy Halloween, Bisonville!!

(Note to lovable self: New project idea for Thunderstruck Makers..................get your best minion to work on a light show synched to 'Thunderstruck' that will play on the west side of the Fargo Dome as the Herd faithful enter the ticket line for the 2016 Friday night home playoff game, or games!!!)

(P.S. to self: I bet your brilliance surprises even you sometimes.)

BREAKING: Selection Committee Rankings just released!

Part of the conditions for my getting off of double secret probation from the State Board of Higher Tailgating (SBOHT) was a self-improvement plan that included more transparency and additional feedback from all sports fans across the State, not just Bison Fans. Since the Board could not believe that AC/DC was the clear choice of ALL tailgaters across the State, they tasked me with appointing a committee of well-connected university donors and insiders to give input on just WHO the most desirable performers would be for a tailgate, and WHAT song those independently-ranked performers should perform.

Knowing that this would be a complete clustermuck, I secretly stacked the committee with F'hawker insiders and let them do their normal, fantastic committee work that they are so "experienced" with. Here are the rankings from that committee:

1. Barry Manilow - Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
    2. ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
    3. Celine Dion - Theme to Titanic
    4. Madonna - Don't Cry For Me (Argentina)
    5. Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were
    6. The Eagles - Heartache Tonight, or Already Gone
    7. Donna Summer - Last Dance
    8. Air Supply - We May Never Pass This Way Again
    9. The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
    10. Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (with my heart)

OMG!! Are you kidding me!!! You can really sense the depressing F'hawker influence here, can't you? These ridiculous results serve that stupid-ass Board right for making me do this! (Don't worry, all my posts and correspondence are on a secret, un-hackable server residing in my mom's basement.) I can assure you, we at Thunderstruck Makers will be going by the results of the TRUE Bison Fan rankings and criteria that have been in place around here forever. Those rankings are, of course:

1. AC/DC - Thunderstruck
    2. blah
    3. blah
    4. blah
    5. blah
    6. blah
    7. blah
    8. blah
    9. blah
    10. blah

Peace and out,
    Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    BREAKING: Selection Committee Rankings just released!

Part of the conditions for my getting off of double secret probation from the State Board of Higher Tailgating (SBOHT) was a self-improvement plan that included more transparency and additional feedback from all sports fans across the State, not just Bison Fans. Since the Board could not believe that AC/DC was the clear choice of ALL tailgaters across the State, they tasked me with appointing a committee of well-connected university donors and insiders to give input on just WHO the most desirable performers would be for a tailgate, and WHAT song those independently-ranked performers should perform.

Knowing that this would be a complete clustermuck, I secretly stacked the committee with F'hawker insiders and let them do their normal, fantastic committee work that they are so "experienced" with. Here are the rankings from that committee:

1. Barry Manilow - Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
    2. ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
    3. Celine Dion - Theme to Titanic
    4. Madonna - Don't Cry For Me (Argentina)
    5. Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were
    6. The Eagles - Heartache Tonight, or Already Gone
    7. Donna Summer - Last Dance
    8. Air Supply - We May Never Pass This Way Again
    9. The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
    10. Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (with my heart)

OMG!! Are you kidding me!!! You can really sense the depressing F'hawker influence here, can't you? These ridiculous results serve that stupid-ass Board right for making me do this! (Don't worry, all my posts and correspondence are on a secret, un-hackable server residing in my mom's basement.) I can assure you, we at Thunderstruck Makers will be going by the results of the TRUE Bison Fan rankings and criteria that have been in place around here forever. Those rankings are, of course:

1. AC/DC - Thunderstruck
    2. blah
    3. blah
    4. blah
    5. blah
    6. blah
    7. blah
    8. blah
    9. blah
    10. blah

Peace and out,
    Loaf
    This makes about as much sense as the FCS selection committee rankings.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    This makes about as much sense as the FCS selection committee rankings.
    Well, that never crossed my mind , but, by golly, I see now where one might be inclined to make such a comparison.

It's Election Day, and what better time for an inspirational message from your lifetime leader. Please take the time to vote today, and God Bless America!

My Fellow Thunderstruckonians:

Four score and 7 years ago, a day that will live in infamy, I got into this labor of love we call Thunderstruck Makers.............and it's been a 'Highway to Hell' ever since. But please don't fret. I can assure you it's not me, it's you. So, dammit, ask not what Thunderstruck Makers has done for you lately, but what you can monetarily donate to Thunderstruck Makers now!

Sure, we've had some difficult times in the past, but I am not a crook...............and I will NOT resign this Honchoship as of noon tomorrow. You see, I have a dream......a dream that one day, ALL peoples will not be judged by whether or not they are wearing a green or yellow t-shirt to games, but by the number of football championships they have won, the number of tailgates they actually get to, and the number of hours they've spent listening to AC/DC's Thunderstruck.

Therefore, my fellow Herd members, I challenge you, before the end of this decade, to bring in AC/DC for a live performance of Thunderstruck.......... and bestow unto me all the credit. I also challenge you to bring NDSU Football into the Big-12 by the end of this century, and pay for it with your blood, sweat, cheers and cash. Mr. Young.........open this gate!! Mr. Bowlsby...........tear down your walls!! Our people have spoken!

As for me, your humble leader and servant............Ich Bin Ein Bisoner! You must know that I do everything for you.........AND for the rather large monetary stipend that I voted in for myself just recently. But despite that bit of nastiness, there is no doubt that, collectively, we are a "shining city on a hill" for all of the FCS to see and envy, and as long as you let me do what I want to, going forward, that will continue!

So, in closing, let us never forget what was so brilliantly and eloquently written here today, and let us put aside our bitter Bisonville partisanship into the future. Let us state openly and confidently, that we here highly resolve, that this Thunderstruck Makers organization shall have a new birth in freedom ................. and that Bison Football Championships, world-class tailgating, and classic Rock and Roll ................born of the people, from the people, and for the people ..............shall not perish from this program!

So help us, Loaf!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 11-08-2016 at 08:08 PM.

I propose we give these out to every reserved tailgating spot in Thunder TundraTM. It's only money. We could easily drop women's hockey and add women's beach volleyball to save some dollars.

AC/DC Bluetooth Speakers Available....................http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acd...e-from-idance/

AC-DC Speaker.jpg