Page 14 of 126 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Last resort?

I love the fact that you and HerdBoy are always on the lookout for new and exciting talent, CM! And this act definitely could be in the mix!

We'll designate it as Plan E for right now (not that I'm AT ALL worried about Plan A being able to be pulled off ) and that doesn't mean that Plan "E" is any less desirable that Plan "B", per se. In fact, if Angus keeps playing mind games with me, I may put the whole thing up for a vote on Plans B through E, or just simply invite the whole damn lot of backup plans (i.e. anyone OTHER than AC/DC) into our tailgating extravaganza! That would teach them to screw with the Bison!

Still too early to go with that nuclear option, however. In the meantime, I want everyone to keep a keen eye out for Thunderstruck or AC/DC-esque talent. We're never going to get to the next level unless we put out feelers and start ASKING for invites!

BREAKING NEWS: Secret footage of Bison Loaf's AC/DC tryout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=sy2JHwaLFhk

Dammit, I tried to keep this under wraps, but now that it is out there maybe it'll help in getting Angus to come to the negotiating table for a tailgating appearance this fall. Yes, Brian Johnson was there to graciously help me through the audition, because, as I'm sure you can all imagine, the nerves were stretched a wee bit thin! I'm the guy on the left about midway through the secret tape that completely nails the 2nd verse, oozes substantial amounts of sex appeal, and who looks suspiciously like Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky. I have no idea who the other roadies were.

Admittedly, I may be biased, but there is NO WAY anyone can convince me that this audition wasn't better than Axl Rose. Angus.............it's time to bury the hatchet and do what's right for Bison Nation!!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Time to check in with great Phil Rudd and see what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post

Time to check in with great Phil Rudd and see what he is doing.
    You know what, Boy of the Herd? I kind of forgot about Rudd. But this could add even more excitement to the entire proceedings.

Rudd is claiming that he is at peace now that his home confinement for trying to have a couple of people whacked, is complete. Philly-boy is claiming that he is not sure he wants back in the band, because "..................is it even AC/DC anymore? No Bon's beautiful voice. No Malcolm. No Brian." http://radio.com/2016/05/16/phil-rudd-acdc/

Hopefully Phil's inner peace lasts, but I'm betting the bloke is still a "Live Wire" underneath.

Crazy idea here (I know, I know, hard to believe), but WHAT IF we got both AC/DC, fronted by Axl Rose.................AND a band slapped together by Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd....................to simultaneaously make a tailgating appearance and fight it out with dueling Thunderstrucks! OMG, I'm getting excited just thinking about it! I mean, who in the hell would have the advantage here? Yes, AC/DC would still have Angus's supremely talented guitar playing, Cliff Williams' rockin' bass, and Chris Slade who actually drummed the original TS recording, BUT................ the as-yet-to-be-named Johnson/Rudd entry would, of course, have Johnson's vocals and Rudd's unique and original hard driving AC/DC beat. Tough call, but I guess we'd just have to let Bison Nation decide who wins our hearts!

Or.....................maybe this is just a little more than even someone with my considerable skillsets could ever hope to pull off?
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 05-31-2016 at 06:01 PM.

"Hell, it's been a whole week already and no updates from Thunderstruck Makers!! Where is the communication!"

Man, if I had a quarter for every time somebody said this to me! It appears as though some of you are telling Bisonvillers to call Thunderstruck Makers every time somebody has a question about AC/DC's appearance in the tailgating lots. Like I really need that kind of stress in my life, right now.

Anywho, rumors are running rampant on the AC-DC front. I'm getting a lot of feedback from strategically placed operatives that Brian Johnson is really putting the heat on Angus to come to the bargaining table in Fargo, by threatening his own return someplace "off the grid" . Then, lo and behold, this little piece of negotiating warfare comes out:

AC/DC's Brian Johnson is preparing to be 'Back in Black' soon, thanks to in-ear monitor http://www.ibtimes.co.in/ac-dcs-bria...monitor-681706
    At this point, I can neither confirm nor deny that "soon", in actuality, really means "3 months time" in the hard-to-decipher Australian dialect. But I'm working on that.

And, under no circumstances call me!

Okay, here it is people. The last scheduled concert with Axl Rose out front, in Dusseldorf, Germany.

We've got two months to get this all sorted out before GameDay gets here AND our beloved "Thunder Tundra"TM is ablaze with the sounds of live classic rock!

https://www.facebook.com/trillie.bik...5996088450331/

Hillbilly Thunderstruck! Not AC/DC, but not too bad.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/trillie.bik...5996088450331/

Hillbilly Thunderstruck! Not AC/DC, but not too bad.
    I am only going to say this ONCE, Killdeer.........................................THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!! You, sir, are a steely-eyed AC/DC mission man!

Waaaaaait a minute.........just wait a doggone minute here...........
    Something is not right. This seems a little TOO good, if you ask me! Awwh man, are you using this to attempt an internal coup here at Thunderstruck Makers? Did Angus send you? Et tu, Killdeer?
    I tell you what, I admit this is good, very good...............but until I can verify your true intentions here, I'll agree to list it as backup Plan F, but that's as good as you're going to get for now!

(Programming note: Plan F has been added, and I've finally gotten around to changing the specific featured act on Plan B: the Female AC/DC cover band, in deference to my new bestest buddy, Bookem!)
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609

I think the timing of this, right before the fall tailgating season (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), is very interesting, don't you think?

AC/DC Brands "Thunderstruck" Tequila http://loudwire.com/acdc-brand-thunderstruck-tequila/
    I'm not sure if we are big tequila drinkers out here in Thunder TundraTM (at least our group isn't ), but......................is it possible we could be looking at a big, potential "rock n' roll" marketing kickoff campaign here in little old Fargo? Heck, the whole world knows by now that Fargo, and North Dakota in general, are big per capita hooch drinkers. It's about time we capitalized on those thirsty inclinations!

Who are our tequila drinkers out there?! Stand up and be counted! If there are enough of you, we can add this to our list of demands!

iron_man_2_no.jpg

Does anyone know how to start a petition to ban AC/DC from Bisonville?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix