Page 13 of 126 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Reading between the lines here... are you suggesting an AC-DC farewell/NDSU Farewell FCS/Welcome to the Big 12 Concert at Fargodome?

May not have heard accurately but I did overhear another table at a restaurant talking about overhearing something similar to this scenario.

The other table said they heard through the grapevine that Bowlsby only went to Moorhead State to be close to the pulse of NDSU, but not so close as to "let the cat out of the bag." Take that for what you will.

Bowlsby also LOVES AC/DC....

That concert will be SICK using the new video boards.
    You are on the right track. Loaf is missing the mark and it is small timey thinking AC/DC will play in such a chump venue like West parking lot. When we go to the Big 12 and get the new 50,000 seat stadium that would do the trick (the Big 10 would also be acceptable). Actually I was at that table in that restaurant and know for a fact AC/DC has secretly been working on their new album and will start the comeback tour in 2017. The timetable is tight so we had better get the transition moving.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Reading between the lines here... are you suggesting an AC-DC farewell/NDSU Farewell FCS/Welcome to the Big 12 Concert at Fargodome?

May not have heard accurately but I did overhear another table at a restaurant talking about overhearing something similar to this scenario.

The other table said they heard through the grapevine that Bowlsby only went to Moorhead State to be close to the pulse of NDSU, but not so close as to "let the cat out of the bag." Take that for what you will.

Bowlsby also LOVES AC/DC....

That concert will be SICK using the new video boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    You are on the right track. Loaf is missing the mark and it is small timey thinking AC/DC will play in such a chump venue like West parking lot. When we go to the Big 12 and get the new 50,000 seat stadium that would do the trick (the Big 10 would also be acceptable). Actually I was at that table in that restaurant and know for a fact AC/DC has secretly been working on their new album and will start the comeback tour in 2017. The timetable is tight so we had better get the transition moving.
    Okay............okay...........settle down, people. The voice of reason has arrived.

There is so much wrong with these posts, I don't know where to start.

First of all, if I didn't know any better, it would seem that some of you continue to be unhappy with my leadership of Thunderstruck Makers. And yet, you are the same people that refuse to volunteer for anything when something comes up. I mean, Hell's Bells, we couldn't even get someone to slap a Carson Wentz jersey on Garth Brooks when he was here for 4 nights, let alone a Zach Vraa jersey on Angus Young!

Secondly, BisonVet, it's not "The West (parking) Lot" anymore. It's "Thunder Tundra". You don't have to work with me, just don't work against me!

Thirdly, I Miss My Chubby (twss ), you've provided wonderful un-sourced and un-substantiated information here, but have inadvertently outed yourself as a Thunderstruck Maker secret operative, and will somehow need to be "removed" from the field of operation at first opportunity. It's a shame, too. You were damn good at it! Thank goodness that we have provided your family with "accident" insurance.

And finally, how many times do I have to remind you people that we only have enough money for an AC/DC Thunder Tundra appearance OR a move to the Big 12...........not both! And we certainly know which of the two options takes precedence around here. So don't come on here trying to mix the two. It's counter-productive, especially when those of you that are complaining the most are not even contributing monetarily to Thunderstruck Makers, let alone UPPING your spend.

Now.................can we get back to focusing on the task at hand, whatever that is ................oh, right..................AC/DC at tailgating! Thank-you!

Rumblings I hear is Bison Loaf has lots of ideas, but doesn't know how to implement them. It is time for new leadership. Somebody should call Teammakers.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Rumblings I hear is Bison Loaf has lots of <great> ideas (fify), but doesn't know how to implement them. It is time for new leadership. Somebody should call Teammakers.
    I choose to focus on only parts of your post (twss). One must obviously have thick skin to be in my position (twss #2)! And based on what I read on BV, I'm not worried about anybody actually calling Teammakers.
    Speaking of great ideas, I've been working on developing a priority point system for the AC/DC Meet-n-Greet and for all future Officially Sponsored Bison Loaf tmevents. Caution: this points grid is NOT yet final.

Former cheerleader that hasn't let herself go.....................100 pts
    ...........................................and flirts a lot....................+10 pts
    .................and can still rock her Pom-poms.................... +30 pts
    A male cheerleader, any age, any condition......................(-50 pts)

A former Bison Football Letter winner................................ 25 pts
    ..............who played on a Championship team.................+25 pts
    ....................who is a Hall of Famer................................+25 pts
    Anybody who wears bedazzled jeans................................(-75 pts)

Former overall #2 picks in the NFL draft.........................+1,000 pts

Donations to Thunderstruck Makers (per $100).................... 10 pts
    ....................... and made out to "Bison Loaf"....................+5 pts
    ...............or cash given directly to Bison Loaf.....................+7 pts
    Those that try to influence ThM policy with alcohol...............+5 pts

Milk Drinkers.......................................... ........................(-5 pts)
    Knitters.......................................... ...............................(-5 pts)
    Old people who can't stand and cheer at games................(-100 pts)
    Real Fans who yell at old people, cuss at refs & spill drinks...+15 pts

Current Jacksonville State Marching Band Members.............+35 pts
    Gold Star Marching Band Members.....................................+15 pts
    If GSMB & accompanied by a former JSU Band Member........+25 pts
    Any Other Marching Band Member........................................ 0 pts
    People who start and perpetuate "Band" threads on BV........(-15 pts)

Tony.............................................. ...............................+500 pts (yeah, that's a suck up.........what of it!)
    The Angry Elf............................................... ..................(-500 pts)

That's all I have, so far. Feel free to send me your own suggestions. We want it to be completely fair for all, and we feel like this is a tremendous start in doing so.

"AC/DC Not Retiring", says Drummer Chris Slade
    http://1059sunnyfm.cbslocal.com/2016...-not-retiring/

AC/DC’s drummer Chris Slade has some words for fans worried that their current tour will be the band’s last before co-founder and lead guitarist Angus Young retires the band. “Angus is definitely NOT thinking of retiring,” he wrote online.
    Okay, so let's take a little inventory.................the Band is NOT retiring, their current tour finishes on June 12th in Denmark, and former front man Brian Johnson is starting to make some noise..........................

Jim Breuer and AC/DC’s Brian Johnson Team Up for New Single
    http://radio.com/2016/05/17/jim-breu...on-new-single/

Comedian Jim Breuer has released a new single titled “Mr. Rock n’ Roll,” which features vocals by AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson. “To me, Brian is the most powerful voice in rock and roll.", Breuer told Rolling Stone.
    ...................AND there is plenty of time to get this all straightened out before our beloved Thunder Tundra Tailgating opens up this coming fall.

I think we can ALL read the tea leaves here.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

New single? Hokey Pokey?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    New single? Hokey Pokey?

Ya know, HerdBoy................if things go "to hell in a hand basket" on this whole wonderful, brilliant Thunderstruck idea and project.............which, by the way, no one in their right mind would ever expect it to.................Breuer and his buddy Brian Johnson become a real possibility for us! Heck, by the time we get everybody all liquored up out in Thunder Tundratm, nobody will be able to tell the difference between Hokey Pokey or Thunderstruck anyway!

At the very least, another added option for us..................is just more added pressure for Angus to sit his ass down at the negotiating table.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A Jim Breuer and Brian Johnson concert would be an excellent idea Loaf. It would be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    A Jim Breuer and Brian Johnson concert would be an excellent idea Loaf. It would be a blast.
    JFC!.........Don't you think I know that! Everything that comes out of my mouth is a great idea! Try living with that burden sometime. The pressure of such a fertile mind is practically unbearable!

But...............as always, I most humbly thank you for your feedback, best wishes and support. Um, Go Bison??

Last resort?

Hail the BISON!!!