Page 107 of 126 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1257

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Thunderstruck Makers Year in Review 2022

January - It was only a matter of time before the sheer brilliance of ThM would bring Bison Football and West Lot Tailgating back to it's pre-Covid eminence with Title #9 in Frisco. But then, as if THAT wasn't enough for some of you sniveling whiners and complainers, ThM shocks the world by rolling out a new easy peasy, pom pom squeezy online Meet 'n Greet ticketing system that is, in fact, so DAMN easy, even a liquored-up ThM intern can do it. Hyperbole? Sure, because our interns are dolts. But still pretty easy. As promising as the new year and month started, however, it ended on a sad note with the news of iconic rocker Meat Loaf's passing. It was surprisingly revealed that Bison Loaf and Meat Loaf were NOT actually related to each other like everyone thought, but did share a kindred, lyrical spirit between them, which was lovingly-penned into a tribute distributed to the handfuls of paid-up ThM membership. When you see the lyrics, "You got the kind of lips that do more than drink, you got the kind of mind that does less than think!", it's easy to understand the confusion between these two larger-than-life personalities.

February - Valentine's Day comes and goes, but the grief over Loaf's passing (Meat, not Bison) lingers in the air, as Loaf (Bison, not Meat ..... JFC, this is confusing!) writes a melancholy farewell (?) to AC/DC, set to Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" (which is technically Dolly Parton's, but you get the picture, and now forever known as ThM's Ode to AC/DC). Could this be the end of ThM's relentless and borderline illegal pursuit of our Aussie Rockers?!? Maybe. Or maybe it's just all the prior brown-nosing and butt-kissing that has us guessing ......... no, it's probably not the end. (Note from both Loafs and AC/DC: "Hey, Mr. Narrator - just stick to the damn script! Okay?!")

March - March blows in like a lion as ThM finally shrugs off the grief of February (while also, coincidentally, running out of paid bereavement time off) and voices it's great displeasure over the new tailgating transfer portal which is taking away all of ThM's best (and "best" is a VERY subjective term here) Grunts, Lackies, Flunkies, and Brown-Nosers. Things get so bad that Loaf threatens to make his last post ever if he doesn't get his way, and then takes the rest of March off, with full pay, just to show he means business this time.

April - Surprisingly, it takes a whole month before ThM is heard from again (we heard that cheering in the back, dammit!), but then that next post was just in time for the extremely un-woke holiday of Easter. Indeed, Loaf and the boys dare to use Easter quotes themselves to write about The Greatest Story Ever Told: The Birth of The Thunderstruck Makers Cinematic Universe.

May - Nobody knows what in the hell these guys are working on these days, or for that matter, if they are even on the clock at all! But with the tailgating season just a few short months away, the many sceptics in the ThM coterie say that an AC/DC appearance is probably not going to happen again this year - surprise, surprise (dripping with unapproved sarcasm and literary license). It is clear that membership is now starting to become concerned (and we mean more than it's everyday normal concern) over the mental well-being of its noted leader. What, pray tell, other than drinking, carousing, spending money, strip joint hopping, gambling, weed smoking, and cartoon watching, could possibly be taking our boys away from our ever-important AC/DC goals??

June - Well, there's the answer we've all been dreading. As June rears it's ugly head, rumors abound that Loaf has left the organization for a Power-5 online tailgating gig with Jeff Culhane at Florida State and the ACC . In response, A VERY premature, VERY pre-resignation search committee has been convened to find a worthy successor (is that even possible?!) and the committee is now posting on Bisonville in Loaf's name and likeness. But there is something not quite right about this committee. Nobody can quite put their finger on it, but they seem a little off, a little weird, a little creepy, and just a little too damn giddy over Loaf's disappearance, especially considering everybody else's utter despondency over the matter. The only thing that true ThM believers have going for them at a time like this, is that Loaf has tried to pull this kind of crap before, previously leaving for the Big-12 conference with Klieman - before failing miserably (through no fault of his own, of course) and crawling back to Fargo. Very doubtful that he has the balls to try the same tired storyline again. (Hey, is this last line supposed to be read as purple or not?)

July - With Loaf AWOL, ThM membership doesn't get the usual heart-rending annual Independence Day missive that they normally get, but Thank God that the committee has enough presence to provide links to ThM's prior classic July 4th takes. For a brief moment, all is right with the world. But then, later in the month, fears start to become reality as the committee renames itself the THM Contra Rebel Military Junta and Wednesday Night Disco Dance Club ....... and, well ......... a combative, warmongering name like that just can't be good. Nothing good EVER comes from a name like Disco Dance Club.

August - The "Committee" finally makes it's true intentions known and, sure enough, all hell has broken loose right before the 2022 Tailgating Season. It turns out there was a Manilow sleeper cell hiding within Thunderstruck Makers all these years that Loaf, among numerous other things, had no freaking clue about. The so-called search committee is now openly calling themselves 'Manilow Makers' and have installed a crazy, sadistic, ruthless bastard at it's helm, named Bison Loofa (no relation at all). Whatever these insidious mushy music makers have done to Loaf, nobody knows at this point, but it's probably horrendous (we heard cheering again in the back, dammit!) and we also know that Loaf has a very low, child-like threshold for pain.

September - Ha! Manilow Makers is still having trouble getting the historically slow and dimwitted Bisonville moderators to comply with their demand of a name and avatar change for the former ThM BV thread, and viscous threats are cast about willy-nilly. But because Manilow Makers declared themselves to be genderless and gender-neutral right from the very start, Bisonville doesn't appear to be, in fact, all that intimidated. Manilow Makers does, however, and to their credit, attempt to put out a Manilow Parody song - "Weekend In Fargo" - to "fire up" it's fanbase upon the new season. While it's certainly not up to the prior regime's rigid standards (how could it be, TWSS) .... it's not bad hey. In fact, Manilow Makers appears to be getting alot of shit done in a short period of time, which is new for all of us! They not only (1) eventually got their new name and avatar, they (2) hosted a Manilow-style act in the MM Hospitality Tent in just their 2nd tailgate, (3) posted a surrender letter from Loaf himself, (4) posted ANOTHER Manilow Parody song - "I'm Ready to FBS Again!" - in just their 3rd week in the West Lot, (5) deep cleaned the filthy and disgusting ThM bunker offices, and (6) took it upon themselves to comfort everybody with - "I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow" - after the Arizona loss. Yes, we know it's only Manilow, but my goodness, people are now asking: Thunderstruck Makers .... Who?

October - Among this whirlwind of impressive activity from our new West Lot masters, we finally hear from Generalissimo Loaf on Radio Free Europe. Apparently the poor man has been kidnapped (at least he didn't leave for a P5 conference again) and is being confined in an unknown location, tortured with Manilow tunes 24/7 against his own will, AND the will of the Geneva Convention and the common decency of all mankind everywhere. Loaf did, however, mention he was planning a "Mission Impossible" style escape, so we've all got that to look forward to. Meanwhile, Manilow Makers continues to test the loyalty of the West Lot fanbase by releasing it's 3rd Manilow Parody Song already - "Read It And Weep, The SDSU Loss". But all the while, it seems like we're not getting a damn Meet 'n Greet from ANYBODY these days!

November - After Loaf desperately tries to rally his flagging troops with his Halloween Parody Poem at the end of October. "Misbehavin' Nevermore", Manilow Makers parries this brilliant flanking maneuver with another Manilow Parody Song of their own (their 4th one already, holy hell!) - "This One's for You, Doggy-Do's, the Saluki/Covid Revenge Game" - that has all of Bisonville really questioning now whether we even need Thunderstruck Makers anymore at all around here. All we can say is ... Loaf better pull something really big out of his ass if he wants to keep alive his extremely thin hopes of a miraculous return to the helm.

December - Those who ever questioned Loaf's tenacity to get important stuff done (we see you RTO), especially when his paycheck, perks, and illicit graft is on the line - had better think over their misguided doubts again. Just when all hope seems lost, Loaf and Thunderstruck Makers turn to their bestest pals forever (BPF's) - the Bisonville Moderators and Editors - (Wait ..... What?!) to come up with a classic Christmas reply to innocent (but dumb as a stump) NDSU Student Virginia Dufendorfenhefferhiemer from Hoople, ND entitled - "Yes, Virginia, There Is A Thunderstruck Makers". Lordy, Lordy, we don't know how this man does it, but despite the long odds and the (relatively) stellar work by Manilow Makers themselves, the tide may actually be turning back in Thunderstruck Makers direction at year end ....

.... just in time for an AC/DC appearance in 2023!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 12-29-2022 at 06:50 PM.

My Dearest Thunderstruck Makers (what's left of you),

Oh Man!! It feels so good to be back in the lap of unbridled power! We can now, you and I (but mostly I), get back to doing whatever it is we do around here.

And I will do that ......... as soon as I can shake off the PTSD over my recent abduction by that Manilow Sleeper Cell. You can easily look it up in the record books if you don't believe me, but I'm pretty sure I'm the first person in World History to actually survive the ravaging effects of Manilow Music being maliciously pumped at them on a continual basis for any length of time, without ending their own life first.

So, yeah, it's going to take awhile to get back to being me.

On the other hand, I've already got a parody song teed up for you for the National Championship Tailgate this week and will post it during my next cogent moment, whenever that arrives , but ..... fair warning ...... it's NOT an AC/DC song. The truth is, in my general state of mental anxiety and decline, I did not feel comfortable taking on the great responsibility of working with a classic AC/DC song so soon. Forgive me.

So, in closing, it's good to be back for good, and it's good for you to be good with me being back for good. Let's pledge to build this ThM thingy-ma-jiggy back up again, TOGETHER (but without too damn much of your own input), like it once was.

Risen from the Torture Chambers of Musical Crap and Booze-Free Tailgates,
    Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Let's pledge to build this ThM thingy-ma-jiggy back up again, TOGETHER
    Build it back up again? That infers there was something built at one time.

Has anyone here had ThM provided beer, food or lady of the night? No? Well, there's your standard. Anything else is uncivilized.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Never doubted you for a second boss. Unfortunately we had to let it play out that way.

Vanilla Manilow?. Hah!

I think I’m READING you loud and Clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Build it back up again? That infers there was something built at one time.

Has anyone here had ThM provided beer, food or lady of the night? No? Well, there's your standard. Anything else is uncivilized.
    RTO ..... My Dear, Dear Friend (as so loosely applied here),

These are all very good points you make, in and of themselves, ........ but you are making those points to a man completely decimated and traumatized by the sounds of "Mandy" constantly running through his previously well-functioning mind. I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear in my previous post.

What I need now is (1) a ton of sympathy to milk for the next month, coupled with (2) complete robotic compliance to all dictates, coherent or not (3) a lot of big, full, jiggly pom-poms to aid in my recovery, especially at night, (4) a huge-ass raise and unlimited expense account for the next year of my convalescence, (5) better damn maps so that ThM Members can actually find the ThM Hospitality Tent someday, (6) fully donating members dense and/or willing enough to forget the mistakes of the past and only look forward to a brighter future, (7) sacksful of "Get Well" cards brimming with cash, (8) 50 front row tickets to the next AC/DC concert, obviously for ThM business purposes, (9) a massive grass roots lobbying effort for the next Nobel Peace Prize, and (10) a loving therapy dog, preferably a pug or a shih tzu.

Then, and only THEN, might we have a chance to get back to the glory that we once knew!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    RTO ..... My Dear, Dear Friend (as so loosely applied here),

These are all very good points you make, in and of themselves, ........ but you are making those points to a man completely decimated and traumatized by the sounds of "Mandy" constantly running through his previously well-functioning mind. I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear in my previous post.

What I need now is (1) a ton of sympathy to milk for the next month, coupled with (2) complete robotic compliance to all dictates, coherent or not (3) a lot of big, full, jiggly pom-poms to aid in my recovery, especially at night, (4) a huge-ass raise and unlimited expense account for the next year of my convalescence, (5) better damn maps so that ThM Members can actually find the ThM Hospitality Tent someday, (6) fully donating members dense and/or willing enough to forget the mistakes of the past and only look forward to a brighter future, (7) sacksful of "Get Well" cards brimming with cash, (8) 50 front row tickets to the next AC/DC concert, obviously for ThM business purposes, (9) a massive grass roots lobbying effort for the next Nobel Peace Prize, and (10) a loving therapy dog, preferably a pug or a shih tzu.

Then, and only THEN, might we have a chance to get back to the glory that we once knew!
    RTO...he is laying a clever trap here. He is listing a ton of demands...but that is just to start the bargaining...if you offer even as little as the stale remains from a crumpled up, empty Old Dutch bag of potato chips, he would take it and consider himself victorious.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    RTO...he is laying a clever trap here. He is listing a ton of demands...but that is just to start the bargaining...if you offer even as little as the stale remains from a crumpled up, empty Old Dutch bag of potato chips, he would take it and consider himself victorious.
    Ahhh, the old "shoot for the moon" tactic. Thank you for the advice.

Be careful Loafy, lawyers have business consultants like TAB. I may be dumb, but I'm slow.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by The River View Post
    Never doubted you for a second boss. Unfortunately we had to let it play out that way.

Vanilla Manilow?. Hah!

I think I’m READING you loud and Clear now.
    Ah, my loyal Sargent Chubs (nee The River)! I'm diggin' the new name, my friend, but it's clear that Manilow Makers, the Bisonville Moderators, and 6 months without my constant mentorship has really done a number on you!

Let us both resolve to heal ourselves spiritually, pleasure ourselves virtually, and follow the science more satirically in 2023!

Part 5: The Rebuilding of Thunderstruck Makers

Good news everybody. I've had a couple of promising healing days now after my horrific ordeal at the hands of the Manilow-ites, days in which my lucidity has been solid and my booze intake clearly on the rise. My medical team is still concerned that I haven't lashed out at anybody in anger or exasperation yet like I normally would, and my recent politeness and good manners to membership merits close watching, but I'm sure this will all blow over in due time.

Therefore, I have been cleared to post the following, as previously promised. Ladies and Gentlemen, we present to you ....................................

Joose Loose .............................................

Been coaching so hard
    Slow players, tubs of lard
    Forty years, for what?
    Not a title have I got
    And there's this feeling
    Can't beat the Herd when it counts
    I've hit my ceiling
    While all this damn pressure mounts .......

So I gotta cut loose, drink Joose
    In this ditch, Sir, because of a moose
    Brookings, police
    Please pull me up off my knees
    Two brown, paper sacks
    Yeah, I got some more in the back
    You cops are such jewels
    Now everybody cut Joose loose

Boys playing so cool
    They're flaunting every rule
    Twist an ankle, that's a start
    Cramps are coming, bluffing, it's an art
    Don't let them tell you
    Your little headache keeps you out
    But let me tell you
    Concussion protocol's in doubt!

So I'm cutting you loose, Joose loose
    Can't you see it's just a brain bruise
    Feel whack? Got your back
    Here's a helmet, the other one's cracked
    Seeing double, yeah that's trouble
    So we'll send you back in, real subtle
    Who knew, you weren't through
    I need everybody cutting Joose loose
    (Oh-oh-oh-oh) cut Joose loose
    (First) We're headed down to Fargo south
    (Second) Where they don't lose, what's THAT about?
    (Third) All Frisco loves them don't you see
    Oh man, this is really bugging me .....

so, I'm turning to ......

JOOSE! ... Joose loose
    Trick plays are all that we'll use
    Ref please, don't see ...
    When we clip 'em down at their knees!
    Step back?! What a hack!
    Lord I swear these stripes are on crack
    We lose, I'll find you
    Cuz I'm so darn friggin Joose loose

Yeah ... Joose, Joose loose
    Didn't I tell you boys we could lose?
    Marker thrice, yeah that's nice
    But the Big One for us? No Dice!
    Now please, hide my keys
    I made a promise to the Trustees
    Dear Jacks, we'll be back
    C'mon, Rabbit fans don't be like that
    So we lose, it's not news, now
    Everybody shut, everybody shut
    Everybody glut, everybody glut
    Everybody cut, everybody cut
    (Everybody) everybody cut Joose Loose!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 01-05-2023 at 05:34 PM.