Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Dude, was the fargodome concert simply a meet and greet with Carson and prep for the live performance #1 pick of the draft surprise show?
    I think you are on to something here. My "sources" are indeed telling me that the February AC/DC concert in Fargo was full of intrigue, subterfuge and misdirection.

NFL.com contributor, former Cowboys exec and moonlighting rock critic Gil Brandt called it the greatest concert he has ever seen, yet when push came to shove, he stated he would pick a Justin Bieber concert over AC/DC if he were picking today. ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed that the rock world was "leaning" towards Bieber at this time. Emory Hunt said that when it came to pure unadulterated rock, the clear choice in his circles was the O'Jays.

So yeah, something just doesn't add up here. Let's all keep a sharp eye out.

Well, well, well....................it appears that at least one rock icon doesn't think too highly of the Axl Rose thing with AC-DC.

Roger Daltrey Refers to AC/DC Performing with Axl Rose as 'Karaoke'................... http://www.allmediany.com/articles/4...-039karaoke039
    Now we just need to decide, Bisonville, are we going to be satisfied with a "karaoke" performance in the West Lot (excuse me, Thunder Tundra) this fall, or do we hold out for the real thing?

Before I put another 1,000 hours of work into this damn project, I need some direction from you, my constituents. All opinions matter here, unless you've never performed with AC-DC before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Well, well, well....................it appears that at least one rock icon doesn't think too highly of the Axl Rose thing with AC-DC.

Now we just need to decide, Bisonville, are we going to be satisfied with a "karaoke" performance in the West Lot (excuse me, Thunder Tundra) this fall, or do we hold out for the real thing?

Before I put another 1,000 hours of work into this damn project, I need some direction from you, my constituents. All opinions matter here, unless you've never performed with AC-DC before.
    I don't know that we are quite ready for the big time just yet---just stick to karaoke.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am a Bon Scott guy. I hate Axl Rose though. Angus don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I don't know that we are quite ready for the big time just yet---just stick to karaoke.
    This is the kind of small-time thinking that got us stuck in this rock-n-roll backwater in the first place! Hell, I would much rather go to a Ratt concert in Laramie, or a Whitesnake concert in Fort Collins, or a Skid Row concert in Ames.................than a karaoke exhibition with Axl Rose and Angus Young in a small-time Fargo tailgating lot. We need to pump it up a notch and start thinking more "big-time" round here.

But...............................thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I am a Bon Scott guy. I hate Axl Rose though. Angus don't do this.

I'm a Bon Scott guy too, Herdboy, but he's been dead for 35 frickin' years..........................you have to let it go, man, and move on! We maybe could've had Bon in here way back when, but this pud 19,000 seat arena that we are using now, wasn't even on the drawing board and it wouldn't have been big enough for Bon's greatness anyway! And don't even get me started on what a late-70's tailgating appearance would have been like for the man!

Worst case, we'll work with what we have and make Axl Rose haul his bony ass in here and lip-synch Thunderstruck to an original 1990 Brian-Johnson-sung studio master. Screw'em! We're the Bison!

What is Zach Vraa doing? I understand he listens to hard rock/metal. He can paint maybe he can sing? We can call it VRAAC/DC, you know like Van Hagar.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    What is Zach Vraa doing? I understand he listens to hard rock/metal. He can paint maybe he can sing? We can call it VRAAC/DC, you know like Van Hagar.
    Great idea! And he's the kind of young blood we need here at Thunderstruck Makers. Some people think I'm not doing a very good job in my position as titular head.

Worst case, we can make Vraa haul his bony ass in here and lip-synch Thunderstruck to an original 1990 Brian-Johnson-sung studio master!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Great idea! And he's the kind of young blood we need here at Thunderstruck Makers. Some people think I'm not doing a very good job in my position as titular head.

Worst case, we can make Vraa haul his bony ass in here and lip-synch Thunderstruck to an original 1990 Brian-Johnson-sung studio master!!!
    You remember when he had the long hair.
    He looked just like Axl Rose.
    May want to send him a hair policy memo.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Ok. This is a little embarrassing, but it seems I became a bit too excited over this whole Carson Wentz thing the last couple of weeks. I was so enamored with that janitor fella from LA that said Carson was going #1 (you know, the one that photobombed himself at Jeff Fisher's desk in the Rams temporary hotel headquarters) ………………….. that I ended up hiring the guy for Thunderstruck Makers and put him on retainer.

Problem is, I haven't seen or heard "hide nor hair" from him since I quickly wired him the large retainer fee that I so deftly negotiated on our behalf. Gosh, I sure hope he's okay.

Long story short, you can all expect a slight cover charge to your commemorative tailgating passes when AC/DC shows up this fall.