Page 70 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Lot of things happening on the Big 12 front today.

Started my day with a call into Big12 commissioner bowlsby’s office leaving a very pointed voicemail regarding my predictions for Oklahoma in the playoff and chances the Big12 will see another invite in the next 3 years after a predictably poor defensive showing and blowout loss, players crying on the field and what not. Let him know they need to freshen the conference with two new teams and a north division designed to be the defensive big brother to the high flying south with a new stud defensive minded team in the north stable.

Shortly after I received an email thanking me for my interest in Big12 athletics from, you guessed it, Bowlsby! Probably sent from his actual assistant.

Later I get a call from USBank letting me know about a new credit card I am qualified for. I tell the person- you get me a new dome in Fargo and I will get that card!!! Waiting on a call back. USBank, call center in Fargo, ever heard of them sponsoring a dome???

Murmurs on the street that the shake up in the ND university system is creating a scenario where some state schools will be asked to drop sports and funding be redirected. Calls have not been returned yet.

Finally- and sorry to bury the lead here BUT I called to cancel my ESPN plus subscription and offered them a strategic opportunity for ESPN to totally hitch their wagon to the Big12 NDSU rocket ship and the ratings/ad revenues the Big12 and Longhorn networks are sure to capture by bringing in new blood. It’s all about the benjamins so that is where I go baby.

The lady I spoke with assured me my message was understood and would be passed along/pressure applied to the Big12. She then gave me 3 weeks of free ESPN+ for not cancelling until February. First concession won.

Surprising news on dippin dot spoons to follow in the coming days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At least someone is getting something done around here instead of "playing" with................... Kleenex

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    At least someone is getting something done around here instead of "playing" with................... Kleenex

Oh, Sargent Chubs is a real go-getter alright, and during those times that we are able to keep him off the bottle and upright, he can stir up a lot of beautiful muck out there in the P-5 swamp.

But make no mistake, there's only one larger-than-life personality that is capable of perpetuating in perpetuity, our biggest West Lot dreams.

You see ……………

……….. "we live in a world in which tailgating and rock music is under constant assault, and needs to be guarded by men with big kahone's and GAF attitudes. Who's gonna do it? You, Fanatic? You, CAS? You, Trans Am Bison, if that indeed is even your real name? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for our AC/DC-less tailgates and you curse those that don't get it done. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that AC/DC's appearance, while problematic, probably saves tailgating. And MY existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves tailgating as we know it! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me in the ThM Hospitality Tent! You NEED me in the ThM Hospitality Tent! We use words like "unsubstantiated rumor", "icky GA tailgater", "drink umbrellas". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the booze-soaked, rock-infused freedoms that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a liquor bottle, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Oh, Sargent Chubs is a real go-getter alright, and during those times that we are able to keep him off the bottle and upright, he can stir up a lot of beautiful muck out there in the P-5 swamp.

But make no mistake, there's only one larger-than-life personality that is capable of perpetuating in perpetuity, our biggest West Lot dreams.

You see ……………

……….. "we live in a world in which tailgating and rock music is under constant assault, and needs to be guarded by men with big kahone's and GAF attitudes. Who's gonna do it? You, Fanatic? You, CAS? You, Trans Am Bison, if that indeed is even your real name? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for our AC/DC-less tailgates and you curse those that don't get it done. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that AC/DC's appearance, while problematic, probably saves tailgating. And MY existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves tailgating as we know it! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me in the ThM Hospitality Tent! You NEED me in the ThM Hospitality Tent! We use words like "unsubstantiated rumor", "icky GA tailgater", "drink umbrellas". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the booze-soaked, rock-infused freedoms that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a liquor bottle, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"
    You know, I read and reread your posts and have no idea what the hell you are prattling on about.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You know, I read and reread your posts and have no idea what the hell you are prattling on about.
    (deep breath)(sigh)(repeat)

Lordy Lordy. If only I had a few good men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Some don’t even realize how close things are now. The calm before the storm.

AC/DC<->Big12 invite<->larger dippin dot spoons<->Klieman for Big12 invite trade. One more important than the rest, but all contingent on one another in a brilliantly devised plan.

Who do you think is behind all this?

Here is a hint, it’s not me. Only one man cares so little what anyone else thinks that he would risk it all to make this happen. You can’t handle this truth.

Check your spoons tomorrow...

An Important Message From BV Admin

Dear Bisonvillers and Thunderstruck Makers,

Unfortunately, we have had to step in and confiscate Mr. Bison Loaf's account again, this time due to the rumors and activity explosion on Twitter and Snatchchat that claims he is being courted by the big boys and is negotiating a similar faux tailgating position at a yet-to-be-named Big-12 school. If true, and like you, we are afraid that he will bring AC/DC to a Big-12 tailgate before us, which would certainly serve to rub our snotty little noses in regret after all these years of being forced to read his irreverent musings on this board. Don't panic yet. Just know that we are doing more research into this matter (we've hire McFooly), and even though it is terrible bad juju to even bring this up at this time and suspend his account before formal confirmation, it had to be done.

As devastating as this might turn out to be for all of us, however, we're sure that we have a number of great candidates (don't we?) that, while nowhere near the talent of Mr. Loaf and his staff of merry junior honchos, would make reasonably good ThM Honchos for the future. Sure, the chances of anyone getting AC/DC in here would be very remote if Mr. Loaf were to leave, but at the very least, he did provide us with a bunch of serviceable backup acts that would suffice should disaster happen in the next few days. We promise not to allow him to poach those acts.

In the meantime, we will keep you posted on what we find out and please don't call us ever.

Bisonville Administration

An Important Update from BV Admin

Dear BV'illers and ThM'ers,

Just want to give you an update that we have nothing new to report on the Bison Loaf situation.

Given the fact, however, that he has not contacted us with any threats, profanity, demands or stupid crap within the past 4 hours ……….. which is highly unusual ………….. we've taken it upon ourselves to start interviewing potential candidates for his self-appointed position. If any of you big Thunderstruck Makers donors (is there such a thing?) have suggestions for candidates you'd like to see fill the position, please let us know. We feel that there are enough smoking guns out there that we can now safely begin asking the question ………. Looking Ahead …………….. Who's After Loaf?

I bring a motion that we do nothing out of respect in the event The Supreme Super Honcho stays.

If that motion is ignored, no small timey thinking here! MUST HAVE WEST LOT TIES!!! I believe there was a kid who danced on a bus to “the Girls got Rhythm” in 2015 that was really active on the ‘Bama boards. had some interesting ideas.

Another Timely Update by BV Admin

Dear BV's and ThM's,

Still nothing new to report on our current critical leadership situation and still no word from Loaf.

It is interesting, however, how we've already received a boatload of suggestions for Loaf's replacement. Gosh, the body isn't even cold yet (figuratively speaking, of course) and there seems to be no shortage of hostile comments and crazy ideas. The most common of these themes revolve around the notion of "Whatever you do, do it quickly before he tries to weasel his ass back in here."

We are also tracking an interesting private charter flight from Fargo to Sydney, Australia to Norman, OK. Word is that all of those flights very suspiciously and quickly ran out of in-flight booze and drink umbrellas, which really might mean nothing at all, so don't go jumping to the obvious conclusions yet. Also got an interesting encrypted email from a mysterious "AngYng" this morning. It said "We're ready to talk about Meet 'n Greet opportunities if Loaf is brought back with a big salary bump and a new BV moderator gig, complete with unlimited banning privileges." We have Mr. McFooly looking into the veracity of that development. Very confusing times.

Hopefully, Loaf has jumped off the Tallahatchie bridge.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix