Page 64 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Regardless of whether or not AC/DC shows up out in the tailgating lot this year (oh don't get your damn panties in a bunch ........ as far as I know, they're coming, they're coming), we here at ThM are thinking about getting one of these awesome gatherings organized for a new world-record breaking in the West Lot ..... AND the resulting generation of tons of great publicity for Thunderstruck Makers (as if we really need any MORE ).

I think we would have to do this during the Delaware homecoming game, so that we can get organized and started when the lots open up at 7:30 am sharp, before most of us are "three sheets to the wind" (look it up, millennials!) and have trouble fingering the proper chords. Heck yes we'd start sooner, but Lord knows that The-Powers-That-Be won't even consider a plea to get this thing started any earlier, regardless of it's major world implications, because some guy might have an extra beer for two (gasp) before breakfast!

We also need to get started before all the obnoxious GA tailgaters, who obviously can't play a lick of rock 'n roll and have (by then) been drinking illegally for days in the 5-mile-long 3-days-in-advance vehicle line-up, get settled in round 8:00 am (don't worry, we'll let those people participate by doing a little off-kilter hand-clapping in the far back row).

I, of course, your beloved Loafy, would lead the proceedings on the biggest, baddest Gretsch guitar known to mankind ....... and the rest of you would promise to try your very best not to eff it up for me this time.

So C'mon! What'dya say?! It'll be fun!

This reminds me. I don't remember you saying anything about the defilement of "Back in Black" in Iowa City last year. What was it like to see the I-OW-A team using an AC/DC song for their cute little hand-holding entry to the field? Pathetic, if you ask me.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    This reminds me. I don't remember you saying anything about the defilement of "Back in Black" in Iowa City last year. What was it like to see the I-OW-A team using an AC/DC song for their cute little hand-holding entry to the field? Pathetic, if you ask me.
    Actually, one would be hard-pressed to find ANY important local and national topic concerning AC/DC, tailgating, booze, pom-poms & "sticking-it-to-the-man", that ThM hasn't either eloquently and definitively opined upon or completely solved within a matter of minutes or hours (but mostly opined upon) over the last 2.5 years of it's heavenly pre-ordained existence.

You may be surprised, however, that we were relatively complimentary to Iowa for the AC/DC effort in post #241, and explain our reasons for being so magnanimous in post #243. Read about it here:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...89#post1156789

You may be surprised, however, that we were relatively complimentary to Iowa for the AC/DC effort in post #241, and explain our reasons for being so magnanimous in post #243. Read about it here:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...89#post1156789

Blasphemy. No way are the Hokeyes worthy of even walking in the tunnels to Back in Black! Where was the outrage? And you call yourself an AC/DC purist.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Blasphemy. No way are the Hokeyes worthy of even walking in the tunnels to Back in Black! Where was the outrage? And you call yourself an AC/DC purist.
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe I had it specifically written into my generously remunerated lifetime contract as ThM Supreme Executive Super Honcho And All-Around Swell Guy ……….. that I, and I alone, would be the final arbiter regarding just whom may have blasphemed against AC/DC around here. And spoiler alert …………… it ain't never me.

Now behave yourself, dammit, or you'll be out in the weed patch west of the rugby fields, enjoying a dry tailgate with TAB and Vet next month.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe I had it specifically written into my generously remunerated lifetime contract as ThM Supreme Executive Super Honcho And All-Around Swell Guy ……….. that I, and I alone, would be the final arbiter regarding just whom may have blasphemed against AC/DC around here. And spoiler alert …………… it ain't never me.

Now behave yourself, dammit, or you'll be out in the weed patch west of the rugby fields, enjoying a dry tailgate with TAB and Vet next month.

Yes sir, your highness. Please no dry tailgate.

Damn! ………………….. I just realized that you poor, deprived people haven't had an AC/DC song thrown at you in a while. And with the season almost here, no less! The shame of it all!

Here's another vintage tune from AC/DC's classic and iconic 'Powerage' album (the one we actually listen to most often here at ThM headquarters) that we senselessly roughed up, butchered and spit back out again in the form of a view from the other side of the Fargo Dome locker room.

Loaf

(Yes, dammit, we obviously know that this is a "Bon Scott" song (and frankly, Bon is at has very best on this and ALL 'Powerage' tracks - in our humble yet definitve opinion), but since we have high hopes and juicy rumors that Brian Johnson is returning to the band these days, it's time to become even better "suck ups" around here and give the man a little more due!)

Win City (aka ……….Visitor's Pre-Game Pep Talk)

"Titles ...... or bust
    These guys win ........ like they must
    Power football ....... banner's up
    Fans are loud here ........ know their stuff
    I got a gnawin' feelin'
    deep inside my gut
    I just might throw up on
    the ass that scheduled us

To come on in ...... to Win City
    No way we win ..... in Win City
    Where the fans don't sit
    'Til they make us quit
    Let's pack it in, boys ....... it's Win City

<Gnarly axe solo by a shell-shocked assistant coach …. and heck, he's not too bad!>

Wheel routes ..... and fakes
    Hell, what's next? ....... for eff sakes!
    Tough men, fast men ....... sneaky ball thieves
    Boys, we ain't gotta hope in hell ....
    That's my belief!

Tailgate's over!! (boom,boom,boom,boom) ....... Thunder time! (boom,boom,boom,boom).
    We gotta get out there boys .......... no sense in cryin'!

So say a prayer, call loved ones
    and change them soiled pants.
    Run out like we're cocky jerks
    but know, we don't stand a chance!

They sent us in ..... to Win City
    That's dumb as sin ..... it's Win City!
    No we won't come back
    Unless our school's on crack
    Just pack it in, boys ........ it's Win City!"

Dear Loyal and Compliant Thunderstruck Makers Members,

What a great off-season we've had, huh!?!!

All of the amazing successes that were accomplished by us on your behalf this year ........... are, frankly, too numerous and too spectacular to mention here, so we won't even try to do them justice. But even if we weren't able to accomplish as much as we've already done during this and other off-seasons, it is our firm belief that anytime we can get people just even TALKING about (1) Bison tailgating, (2) AC/DC, (3) a move to the Big-12, (4) booze, (5) large jiggly pom-poms, (6) shafting The-Powers-That-Be, (7) women's beach volleyball in the West Lot, (8) soothing drink umbrellas, (9) hangover management, AND (10) quick and easy strategies for civic upheaval and world domination ................ we consider that to be a pretty darn good day around here. A pretty darn good day indeed.

Oh sure, a few of you low donators are bound to get a little nit-pissy over the fact that we have not yet formally announced the long-promised AC/DC Live Intro performance of 'Thunderstruck' and the associated Meet 'N Greet appearance, but I ask those people this .................... have we not over-promised it, or have we just not announced it? Think that one over and get back to us with your sincerest apologies at your earliest convenience (but do NOT ever call us).

In the meantime, we here at Thunderstruck Makers will continue to work tirelessly (right up until the time that we get tired of working tirelessly) for all of you, behind the scenes, on all the little mundane things that help keep people happy around here, and that somehow causes them to continually and properly praise ALL that we do within these hallowed corners of these hallowed offices behind these hallowed walls of this hallowed organization and its hallowed traditions.

In conclusion then, and without embarrassingly imploring you to donate more money to us for once (although our supply of Wagyu steak and Matsutake mushrooms IS getting alarmingly and dangerously depleted at last check), we want to wish you all another very enjoyable and successful championship tailgating season, and implore you to always remember and implement, within your own reserved tailgates (GA tailgates are held to a much different, lower standard) the priorities and principles that ThM has so diligently set upon you for precise emulation.

Peace and victory,

Loaf

Good Morning!

Thunderstruck Makers is excited (gulp) to announce the new face of this world-class organization! We've been hard at work trying to figure out how we can "shock the world" out of its lethargy regarding an AC/DC appearance in the West Lot and, man, this little stunt ought to really put the pressure on Angus and the boys to get their tired, wrinkly butts in here as fast as they can! Tee-hee-hee!! We really don't see how something like this could ever go wrong! (And no, dammit, desperation had nothing to do with it!)

Oh Lord, why did you take it upon yourself to make us so freaking brilliant! :bow

"Believe in Thunderstruck Makers. Even if it means sacrificing your musical integrity.
    JUST DO(nate) IT!"

(and let us worry about the consequences later!)
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 09-17-2018 at 08:18 PM.

So Vet70 and I were able to sneak into Loaf's tailgate on Saturday. I have to say I was surprised. Loaf has actually been doing some work behind the scenes (like our athletic dept getting another lot for tailgating) and had a phone sitting on a table. This was listed as the AC/DC direct line...it was to be monitored day and night. That's where the end of my accolades go, though. The phone was ringing and ringing...and nobody was even paying attention. Loaf was talking to two morans that walked in to talk to him. Anyway, somebody finally picked up the phone and it was Brian Johnson calling. He was returning a phone call (honestly, who calls anymore?). Well, when the member of Thunderstruck Makers tried to talk to Brian, he couldn't hear/understand (poor guy) anything and he eventually hung up.

So Loaf actually did something...but once again dropped the ball by not contacting the band through a means they could communicate through. Seriously...who thinks Brian Johnson could hear somebody on a phone out at tailgate (and not to mention it was an old rotary style phone). Loaf...I will have you removed from office if it is the last thing I do.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So Vet70 and I were able to sneak into Loaf's tailgate on Saturday. I have to say I was surprised. Loaf has actually been doing some work behind the scenes (like our athletic dept getting another lot for tailgating) and had a phone sitting on a table. This was listed as the AC/DC direct line...it was to be monitored day and night. That's where the end of my accolades go, though. The phone was ringing and ringing...and nobody was even paying attention. Loaf was talking to two morans that walked in to talk to him. Anyway, somebody finally picked up the phone and it was Brian Johnson calling. He was returning a phone call (honestly, who calls anymore?). Well, when the member of Thunderstruck Makers tried to talk to Brian, he couldn't hear/understand (poor guy) anything and he eventually hung up.

So Loaf actually did something...but once again dropped the ball by not contacting the band through a means they could communicate through. Seriously...who thinks Brian Johnson could hear somebody on a phone out at tailgate (and not to mention it was an old rotary style phone). Loaf...I will have you removed from office if it is the last thing I do.
    Seriously? One poster with delusions of grandeur (that is a guy named Loaf) with fantastical stories, empty promises and ripped off songs is enough. Any more of this nonsense and the two of you need to carpool up North where I hear they have a good psych department.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix