Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Nice find, CAS! 50 priority points will be awarded to your ThM account for the AC/DC Meet 'n Greet this fall!

And it gives us a chance to blow our own horn a little bit around here, which we never do. It's a little known fact that we here at Thunderstruck Makers were actually heavily involved in, and as the "meat" of, this famous shark study! (When it comes to AC/DC, we'd do it for free, but they offered us a modest stipend for ThM and some slightly scratched AC/DC discs......so we jumped on it)!

To test their crazy musical theories, they were to lower us down into a big tank teeming with nasty, starving sharks. With one arm slathered in bloody chum and the other arm strappped to an underwater music player, you'll be proud to know that ThM acquitted themselves with great courage and distinction during this legendary AC/DC research!

The scientists actually started by testing the sharks (torturing, was our opinion ) with Disco and Rap, but none of our ThM people wanted to be killed with that crap on their person, so we all declined those opportunities. Can you imagine the embarrassing obituary? "Met his demise with Barry Gibb on his mind". THAT'S gotta be a long stay in purgatory, for sure! Youch!

Then later on (talk about a suicide mission!), one of our boys actually had the balls to volunteer to go down with "Barry Manilow" strapped into his player (we surmise the young lad had been dipping heavily into our private stash of Thunderstruck Tequila that day), and he was completely and impressively devoured in record time! Wow!! That was one theory we were especially interested in, and it was proved beyond a shadow of a doubt!! And we never liked the guy anyway..... so.

Finally, dammit, they got to the Classic Rock portion of the experiment. After a unfortunate accident when some poor bastard met his demise to "I Was Made For Loving You" by KISS, we had arrived at the real test of our heroic activity - AC/DC's iconic body of work. Our brave boys were in a lather to volunteer for every song known to the great Aussie Band's massive library.

Well, of course, 'Thunderstruck' was up first, and NOBODY was going to get ripped to bloody pieces with Thunderstruck in tow, if it wasn't going to be ME! So, down I went, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't without a little trepidation (please forgive my momentary lack of faith!) OR that I didn't look especially fetching in that skimpy damn Speedo! But in the end, nobody was down there (in the grips of certain death) longer! And although everyone thinks I'm crazy.........I swear that at least one of those man-eaters looked like he was simulating a freaking air-guitar! Needless to say, all AC/DC tunes eventually passed with flying colors!

So...................................

The next time you people are hopelessly stranded and bobbing in the ocean...........and you just happen to have your underwater player strapped on with AC/DC in it...............

...............you can thank Thunderstruck Makers for giving you another chance at life and a Bison tailgate/football game!

Damn! It looks like we haven't given the "Thunderstruck Makers Treatment" to an AC/DC song around here, since we last released the hit "You Herd Us All Night Long" back in early December.............which easily shot to #1 on Billboard's Hot Rock Heatseeker chart in a matter of hours instead of days! (See it here............ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...83#post1178183 )

And with tailgating season just around the corner, I'm afraid people are going to START to think I'm "Loafing" around on the job. (Stop it, Loaf, you're killing us!)

So...........in a last ditch effort to convince you all that I'm still working exceedingly hard on (twss pun not intended) getting AC/DC's collective, boney, semi-retired asses in here this fall (and, dammit, I mean business this time, Angus!), here is another cut off of our soon-to-be-released collection of tailgating cover hits entitled................. "Thunderstruck Makers - Back in Smack"

Let There Be Thunder!!!

With a dynasty just beginning.......
    Back in nineteen sixty five,
    fans didn't know how a tailgate goes
    to bring this Herd alive.
    One man had some Grain Belt,
    The other man had some chips.
    But neither one knew just what to do
    so the turf gods dropped some hints
    the voice boomed:

Let there be Grills............... and there were Grills
    Let there be Tents............. and there were Tents
    Let there be Flags............... and there were Flags
    Let there be Rigs................ and there were Rigs
    Now Let there be Thunder!!!!

<insert a Gnarly, Jammin', Bitchin', Killer Interlude here>

And over the years, it came to pass.....
    That this tailgate heaven was born
    in this Fargo land, where not a soul can stand
    to miss a Saturday morn.
    The entry line is gigantic
    with nary an empty hitch
    filled with logo-wraps and liquor taps
    meant to scratch their gridiron itch.
    With a snort of this and a shot of that
    and medicinal swigs on the side
    sporting Bison tees, eating what they please
    grins and bellies just as equally wide.
    They all yell:

Let there be Playoffs...........and there were Playoffs
    Lett there be Winning............and there was Winning
    Let there be Titles..............and there were Titles
    Let there be Pride..............and there was Pride
    Now, Let there be Thunder!!!!!

<insert another Crankin', Poundin', Bashin', Maniacal Interlude here>

One day the world caught wind of this place
    With it's hundred-plus decibel Dome,
    Where football was proud and the music was loud
    and "Power" made it's earthly home.
    "No way this can be happening!"
    said the GameDay Babe once here,
    but her eyes didn't decieve, as she came to believe
    and she toasted the throng with a beer!
    Screaming:

Let there be Great Fans...........and there were Great Fans
    Let there be a "Corso".................and there was a "Corso"
    Let there be Ratings...............and there were Ratings
    Let us COME BACK here............and they CAME BACK here

"Now, Let there be Thunder!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 07-20-2017 at 08:45 PM.

TILSABL (Today I learned something about B-Loaf)

He spent many of his formative years perfecting his Angus Young "DUCK WALK".

https://www.facebook.com/Break/video...5612249252792/
    Last edited by IzzyFlexion; 07-23-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    TILSABL (Today I learned something at B-Loaf)

He spent many of his formative years perfecting his Angus Young "DUCK WALK".

https://www.facebook.com/Break/video...5612249252792/

...... and obviously (see below), still rockin' the uniform AND walkin' that duck to this day!!! That reporter just can't keep her damn hands off of me!!

P.S..... Update: Currently using all of my considerable charms, and ThM's remaining petty cash, in trying to get April to come in here as the MC/hostess of our soon-to-be AC/DC event this fall. Any objections?!

Hope I don't need to spell this out for everyone. I will though. NDSU TO BIG 12 ANNOUNCEMENT IS IMMINENT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

Hope I don't need to spell this out for everyone. I will though. NDSU TO BIG 12 ANNOUNCEMENT IS IMMINENT!
    I applaud your optimism, Chubs!!

But to be fair...................the great Gene Taylor has only been at K-State for a relatively short period of time. He's good.......very good, in fact...........but is he "Bison Loaf" good? I don't know about THAT!
    This just simply may be an announcement that Gene has beaten us to the punch on getting AC/DC to show up for a live intro appearance in Manhattan instead of Fargo.

Wait. What!?!

Dammit, somebody get me Angus on the Thunder Phone.........RIGHT NOW!!!

I haven't read a thing since 6-25 and there is just sooo much to catch up on!!! No question about it.... I'll have to take the week off...

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I haven't read a thing since 6-25 and there is just sooo much to catch up on!!! No question about it.... I'll have to take the week off...
    Well hell...................please, let me take precious time out of MY hectic schedule just to update you!

1. The Norwegian people around here are not stepping up to the plate financially.
    2. CyPanth is finally about ready to ditch the Panthers and the Cyclones in order to become a ThM member.
    3. CAS is listening to more AC/DC, which is why he is doing more knitting and milk drinking all of a sudden.
    4. Izzy finally figured out that of it walks like it duck....................... it "cooks" like a Loaf.
    5. April Rose of Chicago is busting out the pom-poms in order to get the Fargo AC/DC Master of Ceremonies gig.
    6. AC/DC appears to be pulling some shenanigans again..........this time with K-State.
    7. The football season is just a mere 6 weeks away, with a lot of damn things to get done yet. AND..................
    8. Unrecoverable and expensive ThM time is being wasted updating certain big donors on important information that they SHOULD have known about weeks ago.

Any other questions?!

YES... A question from a big donor ...

What do you think of my new stud? IMG_5573.jpg
    He will accompany me to the west lot of course.
    If pom-poms are pre-requisite, that's not a problem. IMG_5574.jpg
    Thanks for the thorough yet concise update... i've been too busy with procreation.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    i've been too busy with procreation.
    I can't get the Beavis and Butthead nervous laugh out of my head now.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]