Page 46 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

"Malcolm Young dead of dementia at 64 years old" http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8062521.html

Damn. Damn. Damn. We knew this day was coming ....... ( http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...98#post1136698 ) but it still sucks none-the-less.

In many respects Malcolm Young IS AC/DC. It was he (not Angus) that actually wrote most of the iconic guitar riffs that AC/DC is known for and that their amazing body of work revolves around. And then, after supplying the foundation for their greatness, Malcolm would just step back and let Angus, Bon and later Brian, take center stage and get all the adulation and adoration, while he remained in the background keeping it all to gather with his magical rhythm guitar riffs. What HE played, the way IT sounded, the way HE played it .............. it defines AC/DC through and through, and truly makes them one of, if not THE MOST, iconic Hard Rock Bands of history. When you hear an AC/DC song, you KNOW it is an AC/DC song immediately and instinctively, all because of the greatness of Malcolm Young. The critics were never really enamored with AC/DC and their so-called "lack of depth" musically or lyrically, but SCREW THEM! The people, you and I, from the very beginning, knew what AC/DC had and still revere their music to this day. And we STLL WILL revere that music, long after the day comes when we all go the way of Malcolm.

RIP Malcolm Young. What you left behind for all of us to enjoy, will live on forever. Well done, sir..........well done indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Putz View Post
    RIP Malcolm Young. Long live AC/DC!
    Rock 'n' roll ain't noise pollution
    Rock 'n' roll ain't gonna die
    Rock 'n' roll ain't noise pollution
    Rock 'n' roll it will survive (yes it will)

To thee who taught me to rock I salute you!!!

RIP Malcolm

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    "Malcolm Young dead of dementia at 64 years old" http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8062521.html

Damn. Damn. Damn. We knew this day was coming ....... ( http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...98#post1136698 ) but it still sucks none-the-less.

In many respects Malcolm Young IS AC/DC. It was he (not Angus) that actually wrote most of the iconic guitar riffs that AC/DC is known for and that their amazing body of work revolves around. And then, after supplying the foundation for their greatness, Malcolm would just step back and let Angus, Bon and later Brian, take center stage and get all the adulation and adoration, while he remained in the background keeping it all to gather with his magical rhythm guitar riffs. What HE played, the way IT sounded, the way HE played it .............. it defines AC/DC through and through, and truly makes them one of, if not THE MOST, iconic Hard Rock Bands of history. When you hear an AC/DC song, you KNOW it is an AC/DC song immediately and instinctively, all because of the greatness of Malcolm Young. The critics were never really enamored with AC/DC and their so-called "lack of depth" musically or lyrically, but SCREW THEM! The people, you and I, from the very beginning, knew what AC/DC had and still revere their music to this day. And we STLL WILL revere that music, long after the day comes when we all go the way of Malcolm.

RIP Malcolm Young. What you left behind for all of us to enjoy, will live on forever. Well done, sir..........well done indeed.
    Terrible news. RIP Riff Master.

Hot Damn!! It's playoff time again, so that means we can end our 10-day mourning period (and simultaneous alcohol bender) in honor of AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young's passing, and get back to business around here!!

But when we got back to business we found that the damn petty cash was empty again (and if anyone of you asks WHY the petty cash was empty again, I'm gonna go ballistic!)! So in an effort to replenish said petty cash, AND get these playoffs started on the right foot, we've decided to release the latest single off our beloved multi-platinum hit album - Thunderstruck Makers ...... Back in Smack. (I just hope the royalty checks get here soon!)

And this song is one of our personal favorites! It's probably not one of AC/DC's most well known cuts (i.e. with so many iconic songs, it usually doesn't make anyone's Top-10 list), but it's a great example of Malcolm's rockin' rhythm riffs and Bon Scott's entertaining lyrical prose (which, of course, we've very disrespectfully modified here to suit our own money-grubbing ThM needs).

If You Want Blood (and a loss), You Got It! (The Official ThM Playoff Version)

It's criminal.......
    There ought to be a law
    Our tailgate......
    It's the best you ever saw.
    You'll get strong drink for nothing
    All the food you can eat
    But when the football gets started
    You gotta know your team gets beat

If you want blood (and a loss) ..... you got it
    If you want blood (and a loss) ..... you got it
    From food in your gut
    and booze in the lot,
    to ringing in your ears
    and all the tears you'll drop
    If you want blood (and a loss) .......... you got it!
    (uff da, that was a little chilly out there, eh friend?)

We're animals............
    Packed into this Dome
    Just freaking animals...........
    When our Herd takes the field at home
    Now you're feeling like a sacrifice
    Thunder Virgin that you are
    Thrown to the lions
    By the Ranking Committee Czar

If you want blood (and a loss) ..... they gave it
    If you want blood (and a loss) ..... they gave it
    There's blood on their hands
    for sending your team here
    There's blood from your ears
    can't even hear your fear.
    If you want blood (and a loss)............. they gave it!
    (it's none of our doings, dontcha know den, you bet)

Now it's time............
    to send you on your way
    It been a load of fun
    Nothing personal, any day.
    When you come back the next time
    We'll smile and slap your back
    We're really happy to see you
    Before the game, it's all just smack!

But then...................
    (you dint let our cute little accents fool ya now, did ya?)

Blood on your jersey..........
    Blood out your nose..........
    Blood from your two ears.........
    We know how THAT goes.
    Blood out of both lungs..............
    Spewing as WE shout..............
    Then Blood from your eyeballs..............
    as your forced to view this rout.
    If you want blood (and a loss) ............ you got it!
    If you want blood (uh huh) ............ you got it!
    If you want blood (that was ugly) ............ you got it!
    If you want blood (and a loss) ............ you got it!

(You all come back now, ya hear? )

4620F41D-098E-47DA-8D07-8C26FD6A8CED.jpg So.... Thunderstruck was a “thing” long before AC/DC?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    4620F41D-098E-47DA-8D07-8C26FD6A8CED.jpg So.... Thunderstruck was a “thing” long before AC/DC?

YOU, young lady .......... need to get over to the ThM Hospitality Tent this weekend as soon as possible, so we can wash your filthy mouth out with Thunderstruck Tequila!!

For those about to playoff tailgate ..................WE SALUTE YOU!!!

Thunderstruck Maker's Guide On How To Tell If You Are A Die-Hard, Cold Weather, Bison Football Playoff Tailgater

Home Playoff Game #1 (Ok, so Game One isn't going to be as cold as described below this year. Sue us.)

** It's 15 degrees with a stiff north wind out there and your platoon of patio heaters and propane tanks are standing at battle ready. But instead of lighting those candles first off, you make sure your Bison Flags are flying loudly & proudly! Priorities, man. PRY-orities.
    ** You are absolutely ecstatic over all the time, effort and money that you are saving, and the extra booze and beer you can now shove into your massive walking cooler, by not having to fill it up with as much ice during this time of year.
    ** Instead of discussing the important things in life, like the very suspect "merits" of today's playoff opponent, your tailgate devolves into an argument, taste test, and budding civil war over just who REALLY brought the best tasting deer sausage this week.
    ** You have just as much, if not more, fun BS-ing with your new playoff friends stuck in the 2-hour port-a-potty line, as you did with your long lost, Bisonville-bitching, fair-weather tailgating friends way back in warm and pleasant early September.
    ** It's that time of the season where it is finally morally and socially acceptable that your first shot of booze today is not an icy, cold blast of Jägermeister, but a tummy warming slurp of soothing, minty Schnapps instead. Don't worry ...... Bison (and you) win, either way.

Home Playoff Game #2

** It's now so cold out there (how cold is it?) that you require guests who foolishly and dangerously leave for another tailgate to ..... sign a release, take a bottle of life-saving liquor with them, and promise to call in when they've safely arrived at their new destination.
    ** You remember now why any concern you may have once had about the tailgating opportunities available to early season, fair weather General Admission AND Reserved Tailgaters, ended quickly and permanently about 6 harsh winter playoffs ago.
    ** Instead of playing 'Thunderstruck' in a continuous loop of ever-rocking AC/DC bliss for your guests, you ask ThM for prior written permission to wage psychological warfare on the December cold, by sprinkling in a few random plays of 'Get It Hot' and 'Heatseeker'.
    ** The port-a-potty lines aren't as long today, but you can never seem to remember that it STILL takes you 30 damn minutes to get all the warm, cozy layers pulled down and safely out of the way, just to relieve yourself without excessive dribbling!
    ** You spend a lot of time outside of your toasty warm tent today, brandishing speedos and holding your stiff thermometer, in hopes that an ESPN camera crew catches a glimpse of you "crazy tailgating SOB's" and deems it worthy of "Tatanka-level" TV time!

Home Playoff Game #3

** It's now 20 below zero outside with hurricane force winds, and, as expected, your tailgate crowd is starting to really bitch and moan ........................ about why in the hell doesn't NDSU "run the damn ball" more often!
    ** After a world speed record teardown in bone-chilling December weather LAST week, your beautifully wrapped and once highly-organized tailgating rig, THIS week, looks like an drunken F5 tornado hauled off and smacked it from the inside.
    ** The Bison are playing in their most important home game of the season, but YOU are more giddy over finally getting to put up the Christmas lights at tailgating, and then pissed off (it's Pat Simmers' fault!) because the Bison green and yellow bulbs (dammit!) are not twinkling like they should be!
    ** It's the type of freezing weather where, if you had a nickel for every time you now hear someone say "Don't stick your tongue on that!"................... you might be able to afford season tickets when the Big-12 Conference comes calling for NDSU next year.
    ** You've gotta have fresh booze for Frisco, of course, so all of the stuff you're drinking today MUST be gone by the end of tailgate. It's a real sacrifice, but you somehow find the courage to personally take it upon yourself to get this important job done!

It has recently and disturbingly come to Thunderstruck Makers attention that a certain portion of our membership (we're still checking our shoddy bookkeeping logs to see if this is the "paid-up" portion or the "delinquent" portion) are still unsure about when it might be acceptible to miss a Bison Home Playoff game.

So.... (sigh) ...... in yet ANOTHER totally unecessary public service announcement, and a complete waste of valuable time, funds, AND patience (Is it any damn wonder AC/DC hasn't been here yet?!) ..................... ThM presents:

Five Acceptable Reasons For Missing A Bison Home Playoff Game or Tailgate

1. Death ...... but only if it is certified to have been longer than the last 48 hours. Otherwise, no.
    2. Near Death ..... but only if not able to be hauled into the Dome by stretcher.
    3. Paralysis ...... but not including last week's scary, tailgating-induced facial numbness.
    4. Jury Duty ...... but only if it is a salacious sex trial AND you finagled your way into being jury foreman.
    5. Child Birth ...... but only if you personally had to deliver the poorly-timed little brat in a speeding car while headed to the game.

Five Bald-Faced Lying Excuses That Might .... MIGHT Just Save You A Little Embarrassment If You Ever Miss A Bison Home Playoff Game Or Tailgate For Anything Other Than The Reasons Stated Above

1. "Thunderstruck Makers has sent me on a top-secret tailgate scout of NDSU's next puddly opponent, where I will make you all proud by returning all their smack, drinking all their booze, and fondling all their pom-poms."
    2. "I'll be rockin' out at a AC/DC concert someplace, so I'll kindly ask all of you to BACK THE HELL OFF, dammit!"
    3. "I'm having surgery to remove a large, un-chewed piece of deer sausage that somehow got lodged in my upper bowels at last week's tailgate. Still trying to get them to release me in time for the 2nd half, however."
    4. "It's my last day in jail after I went on a bender because of Malcolm Young's death ........ and then ran buck naked into a Lutheran Ladies church meeting yelling, 'We're ALL on the Highway to Hell'! (Oh yeh... it was well worth it.)"
    5. "I somehow got roped into doing charity work down at the orphanage this week during game day, against my free will and better judgement, and I promise it will NEVER, EVER happen again!!!

An Important Announcement From Beloved ThM Lifetime Honcho Bison Loaf:

My Dear Fellow Thunderstruck Makers,

It is with heavy heart that I must formally announce ...... that you and I (but mostly you) did not, once again, achieve our lofty goals for this fiscal year.

Although you and I (but mostly I) fought hard and went toe-to-toe with our elusive quarry again this season, it was not to be. With our final home game of the year tomorrow, I can now end the elaborate cover-up, and inform you that AC/DC will NOT be coming in for a Live Intro appearance this season, nor will the Big-12 be offering a football invite to us in 2017. Injuries, of course, were a major factor in someone's utter ineptitude in getting this task done this season (just who is to blame, is not clear at this time), but we do know that your trusty leadership always has us heading in the right direction and the future looks at least as promising as anyone ever thought it might possibly be in the first place.

I know, I know. This announcement is a bit of a shocker to all of you, but I certainly cannot help it if none of you were willing (again!) to step up to the plate to make this happen. We just have to face the fact around here that you and I (but almost entirely you) dropped the damn ball again and must now live in horrifying shame of your colossal and continuing failures. But hey, it happens.

THE GOOD NEWS, however, is that there is STILL one simple task (thank God!) that even WE (both you and I) appear to be exceptionally good at, and it is time to put those skills on glorious display again this Friday Night! So with that, we want to implore Thunderstruck Nation to make us proud (for once ) and join the entirety of BISON Nation in making sure that the Sam Houston State Bearkats have ..................

Herd Us All Night Long!!!
    ..............(http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...83#post1178183)

Peace and out,

Loaf