Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

One short year ago today!! Dream…………….Believe………………Achieve!

(Pretend this is out in the tailgating lot, at night.)

Now that the news is out about Polasek heading to Iowa, I can reveal to all of you that this originally was intended to be a package deal that included the Loafster heading to Hawkeye land as well.

As we all know by now, after kicking their 4th quarter ass down there, the Iowa football team comes out in their tunnel walk to the AC/DC song "Back in Black" (see this discussed in prior posts here:http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...52#post1156852), and it IS pretty damn cool. So it is likewise only natural that the great Gene Taylor wanted me to come aboard Hawkeye Nation and get AC/DC to come in and perform "Back in Black' live at an Iowa home tailgate.............because I've obviously done such a great job here with the highly anticipated, yet never quite consummated, live performance of "Thunderstruck".

Well.......all was going along swimmingly, until Iowa so arrogantly insisted that AC/DC show up in Iowa City BEFORE they come to Fargo's tailgate!!! Now, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday, and, knowing when I have the goods and someone over a barrel......................I held my ground, said "Hell No!" and offered a wonderful compromise to the Big-10 also-rans, promising an act that included a top notch Bee Gees cover band playing the song that you can see below. I told Gene, "It's perfect for Iowa.........Disco masquerading as hardcore Rock & Roll!" You should have seen the look on his face!

"Big-10, here I come!" Right?

Long story short.................you'll be pleased to know that I'll be sticking around Fargo for a while. But I personally want to wish Coach Polasek all the best at his new position!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Now that the news is out about Polasek heading to Iowa, I can reveal to all of you that this originally was intended to be a package deal that included the Loafster heading to Hawkeye land as well.

As we all know by now, after kicking their 4th quarter ass down there, the Iowa football team comes out in their tunnel walk to the AC/DC song "Back in Black" (see this discussed in prior posts here:http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...52#post1156852), and it IS pretty damn cool. So it is likewise only natural that the great Gene Taylor wanted me to come aboard Hawkeye Nation and get AC/DC to come in and perform "Back in Black' live at an Iowa home tailgate.............because I've obviously done such a great job here with the highly anticipated, yet never quite consummated, live performance of "Thunderstruck".

Well.......all was going along swimmingly, until Iowa so arrogantly insisted that AC/DC show up in Iowa City BEFORE they come to Fargo's tailgate!!! Now, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday, and, knowing when I have the goods and someone over a barrel......................I held my ground, said "Hell No!" and offered a wonderful compromise to the Big-10 also-rans, promising an act that included a top notch Bee Gees cover band playing the song that you can see below. I told Gene, "It's perfect for Iowa.........Disco masquerading as hardcore Rock & Roll!" You should have seen the look on his face!

"Big-10, here I come!" Right?

Long story short.................you'll be pleased to know that I'll be sticking around Fargo for a while. But I personally want to wish Coach Polasek all the best at his new position!!

Hail the BISON!!!

The first big-time, unsubstantiated rumors of the year are out.

Unconfirmed Rumor: Axl Rose and Angus Young Prepping New AC/DC Album for 2018........ http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-r...ckback=tsmcliphttp://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-album/

Battle stations, everyone!!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unconfirmed Rumor: Axl Rose and Angus Young Prepping New AC/DC Album for 2018........ http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-r...ckback=tsmcliphttp://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-album/

For Axl to come back to the Dome would be a reunion for him.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    For Axl to come back to the Dome would be a reunion for him.
    The Dome can have an Axl-fronted AC/DC back all they want, no problem here (although HerdBoy might blow a gasket over it). The real question remains, do we let Axl into the hallowed ground of the Thunder TundraTM Tailgating Lots to sing his own live version of Thunderstruck before a Bison home football game? And then, if so, do we then change the Football Intro to the live Axl version of the song.

These are the kind of momentous decisions that keep me up at night. And why I'm paid the big bucks (and get the best looking women) around here.

The Dome can have an Axl-fronted AC/DC back all they want, no problem here (although HerdBoy might blow a gasket over it). The real question remains, do we let Axl into the hallowed ground of the Thunder TundraTM Tailgating Lots to sing his own live version of Thunderstruck before a Bison home football game? And then, if so, do we then change the Football Intro to the live Axl version of the song.

These are the kind of momentous decisions that keep me up at night. And why I'm paid the big bucks (and get the best looking women) around here.
    How does Axl go from disappearing for about 20+ years to lead singing again not only for his own huge, successful band, but also an even bigger, successful band? Don't underestimate the power of Dreadlocks?

Hail the BISON!!!

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are you sure that isn't Bo Derrick?

If so, she needs a date with the wax shop...

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Is "Corso" goingto show up during Thunderstruck?
    Well, if Corso doesn't show up with Angus riding him, and Samantha Ponder hanging off the back in a bikini…………………………..then I'm just not sure that I even want it to happen at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How does Axl go from disappearing for about 20+ years to lead singing again not only for his own huge, successful band, but also an even bigger, successful band? Don't underestimate the power of Dreadlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Are you sure that isn't Bo Derrick?

If so, she needs a date with the wax shop...
    Awwww, hell!!

Are we saying that instead of Angus Young and Samantha Ponder, we're now gonna have Axl Rose riding Corso around, with Bo Derek hanging off the back in a bikini?!?!?!

That might have been OK in the '80's.................but now it's just sick and demented!

Man...........We fail to win one lousy football championship around here, and look what happens!!!