Page 25 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

As you all know, part of my important duties as Thunderstruck Makers Executive Honcho is to insinuate myself into our away tailgates, our opponent's tailgates, and our opponent's game intros. Oh sure..........copious straight shots of brown liquor, flirting with young and nubile coeds, and sampling the delicacies of exotic grills.............can be very taxing at times, but I do it all for you. I'm the hardest-working man in tailgating today. Just ask me.

So here's the report I sent off to the SBOHT:

NDSU Tailgate at Iowa - Positives: Very good location, great atmosphere, a lot of rigs made the trip, fun people, splendid weather, early start, Gene Taylor in the house. Negatives: Shitters were full, no classic rock band (of course, ThM has dibs on AC/DC in Fargo, but can the Alumni Assoc. at least get 'Blue Oyster Cult' sometime? C'mon!), the walk to the stadium was a bit long, but in hindsight, worked off a bunch of alcohol.

Iowa Tailgate - Didn't see it, maybe next time.

Iowa Team Intro - Have to admit that Iowa coming up the tunnel to "Back in Black" was pretty damn cool. Not NDSU cool, but cool none-the-less. CyPanth, however, was not technically correct that they "come out" to 'Back in Black'. IIRC, they technically switched over to another song before they actually left the tunnel and came onto the field. Can anyone with more faculties at the time confirm? I don't know what the song was. It wasn't AC/DC, so my interest vacated immediately (as is only proper).

All in all, I give the experience a B+ and as such, this secret "Thunderstruck Makers Inner Circle" text will be going out in 5................4................3............... ......2..................1.............

"Thunderstruck Makers looking at moving a home tailgate to Iowa City in the future."

Hold on now! Some of you will immediately dismiss this idea because you dislike anything new. But here's two cents worth of advice to you. Just because something seems to make no damn sense at all, doesn't mean it couldn't be fun. Case in point, you're still reading this thread aren't you?

On the other hand, some of you will actually piss your pants with joy over this idea, just because it's not Fargo, and it potentially involves a P5 city. Here's two cents of advice for you. Make sure you always have a change of underwear with you, because this thread was made just for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Iowa Team Intro - Have to admit that Iowa coming up the tunnel to "Back in Black" was pretty damn cool. Not NDSU cool, but cool none-the-less. CyPanth, however, was not technically correct that they "come out" to 'Back in Black'. IIRC, they technically switched over to another song before they actually left the tunnel and came onto the field. Can anyone with more faculties at the time confirm? I don't know what the song was. It wasn't AC/DC, so my interest vacated immediately (as is only proper).
    They technically came out to "Back in Black" and just stood there until after the "other" song was done. I found it a bit anticlimactic to not run out during one of the songs.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    They technically came out to "Back in Black" and just stood there until after the "other" song was done. I found it a bit anticlimactic to not run out during one of the songs.

That's what I mean, CM, if you're going to come out on the field and compete, what better way to do so than with AC/DC riding shotgun as you actually RUN out! Dammit! Don't wait in the tunnel and switch out of a good thing!

In fact, my life's work will not be complete until EVERY stinking football team in the country runs out onto their home field (and not just the tunnel walk) to a frickin' AC/DC song (except Thunderstruck, of course, which is ours - obviously). It's not rocket-scientry, people. The boys have been around for 40+ years now. Pick a song, any song (they're all good enough for your pud program) or even two or three songs………..AND GET YOUR DAMN TEAM OUT THERE to one of them (but I'm warning you……..NOT Thunderstruck!)!

That's what I mean, CM, if you're going to come out on the field and compete, what better way to do so than with AC/DC riding shotgun as you actually RUN out! Dammit! Don't wait in the tunnel and switch out of a good thing!

In fact, my life's work will not be complete until EVERY stinking football team in the country runs out onto their home field (and not just the tunnel walk) to a frickin' AC/DC song (except Thunderstruck, of course, which is ours - obviously). It's not rocket-scientry, people. The boys have been around for 40+ years now. Pick a song, any song (they're all good enough for your pud program) or even two or three songs………..AND GET YOUR DAMN TEAM OUT THERE to one of them (but I'm warning you……..NOT Thunderstruck!)!

Was it alright if I warm-up to this before every wrestling dual in high school?

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

In the past I dont think they came out that early.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Jim Breuer AC/DC Hokey Pokey..........................http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...88#post1124588

Ya know, HerdBoy................if things go "to hell in a hand basket" on this whole wonderful, brilliant Thunderstruck idea and project.............which, by the way, no one in their right mind would ever expect it to.................Breuer and his buddy Brian Johnson become a real possibility for us! Heck, by the time we get everybody all liquored up out in Thunder Tundratm, nobody will be able to tell the difference between Hokey Pokey or Thunderstruck anyway!

At the very least, another added option for us..................is just more added pressure for Angus to sit his ass down at the negotiating table.
    Ok, that's it! I can hold out no longer! I'm officially adding former SNL player (and Brian Johnson's good friend) Jim Breuer to our impressive list of backup plans ....................
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609

Shit just got real now.

Now that we've had three home tailgates in 2016, I'm getting a lot of secret correspondence and sensitive feedback from some very unhappy campers out there. It seems that we need more space for tailgating activities and more seats in our beloved Dome.

When in the hell did THIS happen?!!.................... I thought we were doing just fine! SOB, I wish you people would speak up a little sooner and a little more forcefully here on Bisonville when problems arise! (but under no circumstances should you call me)

Anyway, I of course, am much too busy working on this damn AC/DC deal that I somehow got sucked into, so I've designated this particular little project to one of my hundreds of minion honchos to work on. I'm guessing you'll likely see tangible results in, oh say, a week or two.

In the meantime, we here at Thunderstruck Makers always follow a simple code of protocol in order to make sure that we UNDERSTAND a problem accurately and completely, BEFORE we waste any time on your own expressed needs. To do that, we always put these issues down into the form of a song that can be better verbalized and remembered as we move along in solving it.
    This is what my minion honcho came back with, and I can assure you that we'll get "on it" right away!!

"King" of the Dome......... (ThM project #1,046, sung to the tune of "King Of The Road")

Trailer's all wrapped and bound
    on our way to Fargo tailgate ground.
    No pass, no plan, that's fine.
    But I'll be pissed if there' s an 'effin line!
    Ah but, 12 hours of waiting looms
    just to get a little party room.
    I'm a man of dreams, with no means.
    "King" of the Dome.

Can't donate, or come each game,
    but... want the perks to be the same.
    I've got all the latest Bison bling,
    but reserved passes, I chose not to swing.
    Ah yes, Team Makers, they've not a clue
    how to let me do what I WANT to do
    "King" of the Dome

I know every fan out in every lot
    they ask me the same, "Why don't you have a spot?"
    And they give no comfort when I bitch and explain
    that I didn't want to commit when my chance finally came.

Ah but..... more seating, that's a need,
    why can't I just simply plant that seed.
    I want a seat open, when I drop by,
    but season tickets, hell, that just wont fly!
    All these issues are so easily done
    but for solutions, no, I've not a one.
    "King" Of the Dome

Ok..............admittedly, it's been a little slow in the "AC/DC negotiations" department lately. So I wanted to make sure to take time out of my busy schedule in order to provide a special viral present to my fellow "Bon Scott" doppelganger HerdBoy, AND to provide some decent reading, viewing, and listening material to all the great Bison tailgaters waiting in line this week!

And yes, I'm well aware that Bon did not sing on "Thunderstruck", but................just like the Bison don't get to where they are today without the prior greatness of the college-level and D2 years, you also don't GET to an iconic classic like "Thunderstruck" without progressing from the origins of Scott's vocal and lyrical greatness and magnetism. Enjoy!!

The Top-10 Bon Scott AC/DC Songs.........................http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-10-...ott-acdc-songs

Dear Inner Circle Members,

So...................remember that $1.4 million deficit that we somehow got ourselves into here at Thunderstruck Makers? Well, the recommendation is back from that committee I formed with my brilliant leadership some time ago, and just in time before my contentious contract renewal next month.

I was looking for them to decide which services we cut, so that I somehow didn't have to do the dirty deed myself and be the "bad guy" in all this. That’s called being a leader. Besides, all of our services are really awesome anyway and completely my own original ideas (although I am NOT responsible for the budget deficit that resulted from them and will not resign over it. How does that work, you ask? You figure it out.)

My only direction to the committee was that the AC/DC live performance of Thunderstruck would NOT be cut. Everything else was on the chopping block.

After a very demeaning (but highly entertaining) "dog and pony" show that we here dubbed “The New Gong Show”, the verdict from the committee is this……………………………we need to spend MORE money! Not only do they want AC/DC in here a soon as possible, but they want KISS and Big & Rich all on the same damn day, at the same damn humongous concert! They also want EVERY Thunderstruck backup plan to be brought in on subsequent weekends after the "big one". In addition, they not only DON'T want to cut the drink umbrellas, but they want us to spring for more booze to put the umbrellas into! That means not only a taste testing of Thunderstruck Tequila, but truckloads of FREE Thunderstruck Tequila each and every week! The Thunderstruck Gibson guitar showing? It not only stays, but it is recommended we buy the damn thing and arrange for free "Angus Young-style" guitar riff lessons.

To say that I am shocked with this turn of events is an understatement, and all I can say is……………………………………………..Hot Damn, Happy Days Are Here Again!!! This is exactly the kind of thinking that buck-passing, overly self-assured leadership gets you and you all are welcome for it.

Peace,
    Loaf

P.S. On a somewhat related note, some of you are going to have to increase your donation quota’s……………pronto! We can only squeeze the students so much.

Dear Inner Circle Members
    Hail the BISON!!!