Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Not to make promises I can't keep, but I might be working on trying to get AC/DC to possibly make an appearance at my tailgate in Cedar Falls next week.

Wouldn't it be cool if I succeed after all these years of Loafing efforts in Fargo?
    Sure JUST AC/DC is cool. Try and time that up with
    -a green and yellow bikini clad Sam ponder doing a
    -FBS P5 conference invite reveal on
    -College Gameday played in by
    -AC/DC and everyone in the crowd gets -FREE Dippin Dots with new spoons 🥄
    -other tequila sponsorship factors developing

The flight schedules alone are a nightmare. to get AC/DC their preferred sound in coordination with the ESPN crew...

I promise you all, more of a logistics issue than anything right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Sure JUST AC/DC is cool. Try and time that up with
    -a green and yellow bikini clad Sam ponder doing a
    -FBS P5 conference invite reveal on
    -College Gameday played in by
    -AC/DC and everyone in the crowd gets -FREE Dippin Dots with new spoons ��
    -other tequila sponsorship factors developing

The flight schedules alone are a nightmare. to get AC/DC their preferred sound in coordination with the ESPN crew...

I promise you all, more of a logistics issue than anything right now.

Can't match Sam Ponder in a bikini, but I did meet her a few times in Ames back when she was Samanatha Steele! Alas, lost another one to an NFL QB!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Can't match Sam Ponder in a bikini, but I did meet her a few times in Ames back when she was Samanatha Steele! Alas, lost another one to an NFL QB!
    CyPanth, you should know by now that you can’t stop me or top me, you can only hope to contain me.

Long live rock ‘n roll! Long live Bison tailgating!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    CyPanth, you should know by now that you can’t stop me or top me, you can only hope to contain me.

Long live rock ‘n roll! Long live Bison tailgating!

Indeed.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

It's about damn time some of these governments got their lazy asses in gear when it comes to AC/DC. I am personally embarrassed and disgusted that our own US Mint hasn't acted on this yet! Just another injustice on our growing list of things that ThM will get corrected immediately!

"Royal Australian Mint Announces AC/DC Coins For Band's 45th Anniversary ……………. http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/austra...sary/#/slide/1

Until we do that, however, and in our infinite and opportunistic wisdom, we have procured a few of these valuable Aussie beauties (on consignment of course, because we seem to be out of money again ………. how the hell does that happen so quickly?) and will make them available to you at our next home game. Because you are instructed never to call us, write to us, or tweet at us …….. EVER ………….. these coins will only be available in our Thunderstruck Makers Hospitality Tent on game days, IF and I do mean IF, you can somehow make it there before it gets wall-to-wall with all of our ThM groupies.

We will be selling the 50 cent pieces for a very generous $500, and the (guitar-pick shaped) $5 pieces for a very charitable $1,500. You should all know better by now than to wait for Thunderstruck Makers to get the damn US Mint to work on this …………… (wait, what did I just say?) …………………… so don't wait! Get yours while they last!

There is good news and bad news out of Australia regarding the Commemorative Coins that were struck for AC/DC's 45th Anniversary. The bad news is that …. like Bison Football tickets themselves and anything that Thunderstruck Makers announces it is planning …. these coins sold out in one day.

"AC/DC Australian Coins Sell Out In One Day" ……… https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati.../04/acdc-coin/

The further bad news is that ThM missed the window for it's consignment allotment of these highly sought after coins, because we inadvertently slept in (all day!) due to another massive bender after our Monday night "ThM Bowling, Darts, Curling, Billiards, and Hot Dog Eating League Awards Banquet". Man, what a party! I am sorry to report, however, that I, almost unbelievably, did not come home with any damn hardware during the event, and am launching an investigation into the matter as we speak.

But be that as it may, I can still sense what most of you are thinking to yourselves over the disappointment of this "so-called" Commemorative Coin "drop-the-ball-again" thingy. "How in the hell does Loaf get saddled with such bad luck all the time, and still manage to get all the things done for us that he does?" Well, my friends, it's a gift, really, and I do it all for you ……….. my understanding and adoring constituents. Don't worry about me.

Meanwhile, we'll get back to you on what the good news was. Don't call us.

Loaf, are you going to be in Cedar Falls? You don't want to miss what I'm going to try to pull off! Let's just say that it might involve a football reporter with initials SS. Hoping to see some of you on Saturday morning.

Loaf, are you going to be in Cedar Falls? You don't want to miss what I'm going to try to pull off! Let's just say that it might involve a football reporter with initials SS. Hoping to see some of you on Saturday morning.
    As you know, for security reasons, I cannot divulge my exact whereabouts at any specific place or time, but I can say that I am not now, nor will I be in Cedar Falls on Saturday. Please give my condolences to your heartbroken guests.

The truth is, AC/DC might call, and I just can’t risk blowing it off this time, or angrily refusing to accept the collect charges again.

Anyway, have a great tailgate and Go Bison!

So, I was sitting around at ThM Headquarters the other day …….. out of money, out of booze, out of steak and out of ideas ……… and was reflecting on all the pressures and work that I have taken on for you darn people over this whole AC/DC thing.

I asked myself, "Loaf, you are the smartest, sexiest, most popular hunk of burning honcho that the tailgating world has ever known. Why do you put yourself through all this trouble just for AC/DC? There are a lot of other great classic rock bands that would give their left nut just to be in your presence and represent NDSU football and tailgating!"

Well, I certainly couldn't argue with myself on any of that, so instead of impulsively acting on the first thought that came into my head (like I usually do), I very methodically and maturely took out pen and paper for the first time in over a decade, and wrote down the Pros and Cons of continuing to pursue an elusive AC/DC Live Intro Appearance (and the associated Meet 'N Greet), instead of moving on to some other band like KISS, or Zeppelin, or the Stones. The results were illuminating.

Pros for continuing to pursue AC/DC

1. They are just, quite simply, the greatest rock band of all-time.
    2. They technically own the rights to the song 'Thunderstruck' (although ThM is working on legally reversing that).
    3. They are really, really old now so that only 3 of the original 5 members are still living and able to kick our ass in a fight.
    4. They have a lot of great songs in which we can bastardize the lyrics to, in order to serve our own selfish and immature needs.
    5. They are Australian, which gives them no legal rights in the United States, let alone in the sovereign of the Thunder Tundra West Lot.
    6. They do not possess nuclear weapons (that we are aware of).
    7. Their hearing is so bad, they can't make out our snide little remarks when negotiations aren't going our way (which is quite often, dammit).
    8. They don't drink as much alcohol anymore, which leaves more for us.
    9. They go apeshit for Dippin' Dots.
    10. They have the money to fund a 80,000 seat retractable roof stadium for our Big-12 move, should they ever stop thinking only of themselves long enough to pull out the damn checkbook.

Cons for continuing to pursue AC/DC

1. They don't do what we tell them to do. (Don't they know who the hell we are? We're Thunderstruck Makers!)
    2. They appear to be impervious to attempts at hypnotic mind control.
    3. They have gobs of money and are undeterred by bribes or blackmail.
    4. They ain't never not concerned with image and they doesn't speak real good King's English.
    5. They are not as pretty as even your average ThM Honcho, which leads to a lot of jealous acrimony.
    6. They know how to play guitar just a skoash bit better than we do, which leads to a lot of jealous acrimony.
    7. They are ensconced in Australia, which means that State Department and Penal System lifetime travel restrictions on ThM automatically kick in.
    8. They sweat and smell like SDSU cheerleaders.
    9. They all snore like thunder, which is both wildly annoying and awesomely freaking cool at the same time (and don't ask us how we know that).
    10. We love these guys (and there's nothing wrong with that), which means we are unable to go full asshat on them for their insolence toward us.

Hope about this/her as warm-up to the real deal—> https://youtu.be/d2RZXeQc5HU

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.