Page 45 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Just wanted to publicly announce to everybody that my one-week 'Thunderstruck Intro' kneeling protest against AC/DC's continued insolence toward this organization and our appearance demands ................ has now been officially cancelled.

Although my intentions were in the right place, we just simply had too many damn ThM members threaten to pull their high-dollar donations over this short, but effective, publicity-driven controversy. And that, in turn, would eventually affect the unbelievably generous compensation package that I pull out of this place as your lifetime executive honcho. And well.......... I just cannot, in good conscience, allow something like that to happen....... ever.

So, as much as you all wanted me to be your beacon of social consciousness in this cold, cruel world ....... my fiduciary responsibility to myself and, on occasion, the membership of this great and proud organization, beckons me back to duty ............. and all of you may now resume your prior donation activities as soon as possible.

AC/DC........... you win this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Just wanted to publicly announce to everybody that my one-week 'Thunderstruck Intro' kneeling protest against AC/DC's continued insolence toward this organization and our appearance demands ................ has now been officially cancelled.

Although my intentions were in the right place, we just simply had too many damn ThM members threaten to pull their high-dollar donations over this short, but effective, publicity-driven controversy. And that, in turn, would eventually affect the unbelievably generous compensation package that I pull out of this place as your lifetime executive honcho. And well.......... I just cannot, in good conscience, allow something like that to happen....... ever.

So, as much as you all wanted me to be your beacon of social consciousness in this cold, cruel world ....... my fiduciary responsibility to myself and, on occasion, the membership of this great and proud organization, beckons me back to duty ............. and all of you may now resume your prior donation activities as soon as possible.

AC/DC........... you win this round.
    I still know you wanted to kneel.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Kneeling is his favorite position.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Kneeling is his favorite position.
    Show me a man who WON'T kneel in manufactured protest for an AC/DC Intro appearance.......................................

...............and I'll show you a man who is unworthy and undeserving of the severe hearing loss that has been so blissfully and graciously bestowed upon him over the last 4 decades.

Now that our short-lived kneeling protest during the Thunderstruck Intro has been exposed as a necessary but inconvenient fraud, coupled with the unfortunate downtime of having BOTH AC/DC and that damn Big-12 continue to spurn our agressive advances ................ we here at ThM thought it would be an opportune time to make ourselves look busy around here, and resume our top-notch education and indoctrination program for all of the young and upcoming mush-skulls we have looking into become members of this popular organization.

So, here's a little something that we like to call:

Know Your Thunderstruck Makers History, Philosophy, and Awesomeness (before you embarrass yourself out there!)

1. When did Thunderstruck Makers (ThM) actually invent tailgating at NDSU?
    A). Uh........It's a long story, so just take our word for it.
    B). The first time we ever saw an open space for a grill and a beer, next to a football game. It's not rocket science!
    C). The same game that inspired a liquor bottle to be thrown at Ed Shultz.
    D). Cold weather games and Peppermint Schnapps. Keep it simple, stupid!
    E). After initially being hired for parking security, ThM needed some people out there that they could needlessly harass .............so tailgating was born.

2. How much does it cost to be a member in good standing of ThM?
    A). Less than you're expecting, but more than you think.
    B). Whatever it takes to make us happy.
    C). Always just the right amount, whatever that may be.
    D). How much you got?
    E). WTF! Do you want AC/DC in here, or don't you?!

3. How much of each ThM donation gets invested back into direct Member Services?
    A). After leadership compensation and perks, a surprisingly substantial smidgen of the remaining residual amount.
    B). It all depends on what you consider "Member Services", now doesn't it.
    C). We're really not liking your tone here, dammit!
    D). If you have to ask, we feel sad for you ....... but we'll somehow learn to live with your donation anyway.
    E). What day is it?

4. What exactly ARE the benefits of ThM Membership?
    A). Timely, at times, communications exclusively provided on Bisonville. (when not on BV probation or moderation)
    B). Cool, Logoed T-Shirts for $79.95 instead of $85.95.
    C). For you and certain others, a one-in-a-million chance to secure entry into the AC/DC Meet 'n Greet.
    D). What the hell is this, the Spanish Inquisition?!!
    E). A, B & C - What more could anyone ask for?? .... reserved spots and game tickets??!?!

5. Upon membership, am I morally and legally obligated to follow ThM blindly on all matters pertaining to tailgating?
    A). Do Port-a Potties hold a lot of crap?
    B). Does charcoal taste better than propane?
    C). Do the words "Sioux Suck" just seem to have a nice ring to them?
    D). Do you tear up and get goosebumps when Thunderstruck starts?
    E). Is Jägermeister a miracle cure for everything that ails you?

6. After successfully getting AC/DC in here for a Live Intro Performance, what would be ThM's next highest priority project?
    A) Paring down the general admission tailgating line to just 4 miles long and a mere 2 days for advance line-up.
    B) An expedited invite into the Big-12 with no entry fee (and no exit fee, either, when the SEC comes calling).
    C). Free 'Thunderstruck Tequila' with drink umbrellas for members in good standing.
    D). Women's Beach Volleyball. 'Nuff said.
    E). Complimentary Pom-Poms firmly waiting in every reserved tailgating spot (not GA though), for every home game.

7. Oh by the way, to whom does the wise and affable ThM Executive Honcho report to?
    A). The Angry Elf.
    B). The State Board of Higher Tailgating. (SBOHT)
    C). A Nagging, Bitching, Hag of a Wife.
    D). The Powers That Be.
    E). Absolutely, Positively NONE of the Above. EVER.

8. Under what circumstances might ThM consider bringing in Barry Manilow for a tailgating performance?
    A). Just as soon as ThM's Executive Honcho loses his mind over all the stupid questions around here.
    B). The day that UND stops referring to themselves as the "flagship".
    C). Whenever the 'Powers-That-Be' stop screwing with the blue-collar fan.
    D). The day when Bison Fans voluntarily cease to drink any and all alcohol before football games.
    E). The week after we ever bring in an NAIA or D3 team, and LOSE. (You'll all deserve it, then!)

9. As a young potential ThM member, what's the best thing I can do to enhance our continued tailgating tradition?
    A). Nod your head and look interested when your elders go into another rant about anything UND, or about NDSU's "clue-less" Offensive Coordinator.
    B). Get your ass out of bed in the morning and set up the tailgating camp each week (!), while the old-timers sit, drink, and watch YOU do it.
    C). Learn how to hold your damn liquor, so that the port-a-potty lines are free for the much older, battle-worn bladders of 13-Time Champion Fans.
    D). Always, and we mean ALWAYS, laugh hysterically at the lame, alcohol-fueled jokes and smack you might happen to hear out there.
    E). Shave your back, wash your bum and remember to let those pom-poms run free and loose at all times.

10. What is the Official Motto of Thunderstruck Makers and Thunder Tundra?
    A). Run The Damn Ball.
    B). That's What She Said.
    C). I've Been Thunder Tundra Struck!
    D). What Would 'Road" (aka Roadwarrior) Do?
    E). Is That Deer Sausage On The Grill, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 11-10-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Leave it to Thunderstruck Makers to boldly tread where no self-respecting fan wants to tread, and to boldly comment where fans with much less ego dare not boldly comment, and dare to be politically incorrect where "The-Powers-That-Be" dare NOT be themselves (the wimps)!

It is pretty obvious lately that our fanbase and membership is just SCREAMING for guidance on the proper etiquette to apply at all of our outstanding, pre-sold, Officially Sponsored, money-grubbing ThM events. So, once again, the fine folks at ThM must take time out of their busy schedules and spend time away from their important projects , to deliver for you:

ThM Official Rules for Standing and Sitting during Bison Tailgates, Football Games and Your Pathetic, Donation-Free Life in General

Stand when...................

...you feel well enough from last night's overnight bender in the general admission line, to safely do so.
    ...any time and EVERY time Thunderstruck is played or performed by either AC/DC themselves, or by an approved ThM Backup Act. (see the list here........... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609 )
    ...the smart ass in the wheel chair sitting behind you, seems like he's "faking" being a Bison fan, by never standing himself - even on 3rd and 1!
    ...you've got stomach gas from a long day at tailgating, and want to better diffuse the blame for "letting it rip", to others around you.
    ...you have to suck in your gut to get your new $79.95 Thunderstruck Makers commemorative T-Shirt tucked in. (I mean, we're not animals, are we?)
    ...your best death threats need to be better heard by the refs over the din of a crowd incensed by the latest horsecrap call against the Herd.
    ...you need to get the best overall heating value out of your steaming urine stream at a 20 below playoff tailgate.
    ...it's 40-0 in favor of the Bison, everyone has left early, and you want someone (anyone) to see that you "for damn sure" are still there.
    ...you're trying on a sweater you just knitted at the game, or when the milk you're drinking doesn't taste quite right.
    ...you want all those damn old people to know that you, without a doubt, are the greatest effin', non-cold-weather-tailgate and non-season-ticket holding fan in Bison Football history!

Sit when.......................

...at early morning tailgating, you've got the shakes so bad that you would spill every last, precious drop of acohol just poured into your shot glass.
    ...you feel understandably faint after seeing the latest, largest, fullest set of pom-poms you've ever laid eyes on, just walk by!
    ...you want to protest the Dippin Dot spoons, without wanting to resort to the nuclear option of taking a knee over it.
    ...by yelling, you've proven to be such a "good" Bison fan, that you just recently and slightly shat yourself on the last crucial 3rd down stop.
    ...at your own discretion of course, you're finally, satisfactorily convinced that the 90 yr old crippled bitch behind you is really not "blind as a bat anyway".
    ...immediately upon realization that the AC/DC song you just heard, was another Axl Rose-sung karaoke cover.
    ...you want to be a really nice guy, and warm up the cold port-a-potty cheek-landing for the hot-looking broad that was just in line behind you.
    ...you really need to take out the flask and have a small sip........ and, well, NDSU will score again soon anyway.
    ...you want to get one last cold drink of milk, or finish that last "nasty" row from your latest knitting project.
    ...it looks like a security team is forming themselves a "posse", and you're just a little bit hazy on what all went down at tailgating this morning.

This has been a copyrighted, trademarked and prepaid public service announcement (you think we'd do this for free?) of Thunderstruck Makers Incorporated.
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 11-15-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Now Loaf is telling us when to sit and stand?!?! I suppose those that are about to rock and now required to be saluted? Hells Bells, Loaf! You are getting to be a real Ballbreaker! Who are you to come in here and Fire Your Guns? I know your head is Hard As A Rock, but If You Want Blood, You Got It.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Now Loaf is telling us when to sit and stand?!?! I suppose those that are about to rock and now required to be saluted? Hells Bells, Loaf! You are getting to be a real Ballbreaker! Who are you to come in here and Fire Your Guns? I know your head is Hard As A Rock, but If You Want Blood, You Got It.

Whoa, whoa whoa! .................. Using the name of AC/DC classics in vain against me (so help me Loaf)?!?! Only one person has the authorization to commit that kind of sacrilege around here, and let me tell you something brother........it's NOT the Angy Elf that I'm speaking of!!

Even for you, this sort of rant is a 'Touch Too Much'. Sometimes I think all you rabble-rousers out there forget sometimes just 'Who Made Who' around here. If it wasn't for me (sniffle, sniffle), we would never in a million years have come this far, and been this damn close, to whatever it is we're actually doing here! Fact.

So I suggest you put on your big boy skirt and maintain a 'Stiff Upper Lip' for the foreseeable future, because we here at ThM have not yet even begun to show you "What WE Would Do For Money, Honey'!

RIP Malcolm Young. Long live AC/DC!