Page 44 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    "Piss-spitting mad". I have to say, not quite sure what to say to that.
    piss (n.)

late 14c., from piss (v.). As a pure intensifier (piss-poor (also see TAB), piss-ugly (also see RTO), etc.) it dates from World War II. Piss and vinegar first attested 1942. Piss-prophet "one who diagnosed diseases by inspection of urine" is attested from 1620s. Piss proud "erect upon awakening" is attested from 1796.

piss (v.)

late 13c., from Old French pissier "urinate" (12c.), from Vulgar Latin *pissiare, of imitative origin. To piss away (money, etc.) is from 1948. Related: Pissed; pissing. Pissing while (1550s) once meant "a short time."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    piss (n.)

late 14c., from piss (v.). As a pure intensifier (piss-poor (also see TAB), piss-ugly (also see RTO), etc.) it dates from World War II. Piss and vinegar first attested 1942. Piss-prophet "one who diagnosed diseases by inspection of urine" is attested from 1620s. Piss proud "erect upon awakening" is attested from 1796.

piss (v.)

late 13c., from Old French pissier "urinate" (12c.), from Vulgar Latin *pissiare, of imitative origin. To piss away (money, etc.) is from 1948. Related: Pissed; pissing. Pissing while (1550s) once meant "a short time."
    None of this seems to explain why Loaf drinks piss. Maybe Portly Rob should do an interview and get to the bottom of this. Then Loaf can be pissed off.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

None of this seems to explain why Loaf drinks piss. Maybe Portly Rob should do an interview and get to the bottom of this. Then Loaf can be pissed off.
    Mad?!?! Hell, I'm so damn popular and beloved around the world, that most of the time I have nothing but a shit-eating grin on my face!!

In case you missed it, George Young passed away just recently.

George Young, "Easybeats" guitarist and AC/DC producer dead at 70........http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-at-70-w509890

If you don't know who George Young is, you should smack yourself in the face a couple of hundred times and turn in your Thunderstruck Makers membership card.

George Young is the older brother of Angus and Malcolm Young, and was extremely influential in the forming of AC/DC, helping craft it's iconic sound, and mentoring his two talented guitar playing brothers throughout the years. George is credited with suggesting that the band pick up Bon Scott as lead singer, whose vocals and charisma helped launched the band into stardom. George also produced many of AC/DC's classic albums, especially most of the early (and best, say hardcore fans) ones in their catalogue.

George is also known to have encouraged the melding of bagpipes and rock 'n roll on the very influential "Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock And Roll", and is rumored to have actually played the pipes on that recording, although Bon Scott is credited with doing so. Either way, there probably would have been no iconic bagpipe sound on that record without George Young, and there very likely would have been no AC/DC with out the man either.

That's right, folks.............no George Young, no Thunderstruck! Can you imagine ...............without George, we might very well be starting football games with another boring and overdone version of the "Are You Ready To Rumble" mix. Oh man, I just can't bear to even think of what a chintzy disaster that would've been!

Rest in Peace, George Young!! Thank You and Well Done!!

In case you missed it, George Young passed away just recently.

George Young, "Easybeats" guitarist and AC/DC producer dead at 70........http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-at-70-w509890

If you don't know who George Young is, you should smack yourself in the face a couple of hundred times and turn in your Thunderstruck Makers membership card.

George Young is the older brother of Angus and Malcolm Young, and was extremely influential in the forming of AC/DC, helping craft it's iconic sound, and mentoring his two talented guitar playing brothers throughout the years. George is credited with suggesting that the band pick up Bon Scott as lead singer, whose vocals and charisma helped launched the band into stardom. George also produced many of AC/DC's classic albums, especially most of the early (and best, say hardcore fans) ones in their catalogue.

George is also known to have encouraged the melding of bagpipes and rock 'n roll on the very influential "Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock And Roll", and is rumored to have actually played the pipes on that recording, although Bon Scott is credited with doing so. Either way, there probably would have been no iconic bagpipe sound on that record without George Young, and there very likely would have been no AC/DC with out the man either.

That's right, folks.............no George Young, no Thunderstruck! Can you imagine ...............without George, we might very well be starting football games with another boring and overdone version of the "Are You Ready To Rumble" mix. Oh man, I just can't bear to even think of what a chintzy disaster that would've been!

Rest in Peace, George Young!! Thank You and Well Done!!
    I was wondering if George was Stevie's dad after reading this. No, his dad was the eldest Young brother, Stephen who passed away in 1989. Also, I didn't realize Stevie was less than two years younger than Angus.
    Hail the BISON!!!

While we're waiting for AC/DC to respond to our latest, in-your-face, take-it-or leave-it, almost final, "we're not kidding this time" offer................. let's get back to the music, shall we?!

In a stunning testament to the awesome transformative powers of Thunderstruck, just look at how this one iconic masterpiece can even make a bunch of so-called "men" playing clarinets (clarinets, for cripe sake!) look cool! Not many songs can work THAT kind of special magic! Is it any wonder then that real men, like our Bison Football team, are now 93-7 over their last 100 games while Dome-rocking this song!!

Oh, and on a slightly related note, I'm very pleased to announce that I've got another unrequited love interest in my life these days, thank-you very much. Red Hair, tight slacks, leather jacket, teasing and slightly bared angel-white midriff, belting out Thunderstruck like nobody's business, and rightly ignoring grown men playing damn clarinets! Depending on how high-maintenance this lady is, and if she ever accepts my constant and annoying late-night calls ............. I may have to put our little AC/DC project on hold for a while.

I tell you, Rock and Roll is gonna kill me one of these days!

My Dear Thunderstruckers:

In solemn protest of AC/DC not agreeing to come into Fargo (yet!) to do a live intro, I very bravely and resolutely, in the face of much danger and adversity (such as the fact that no one could even see me doing it with everyone else standing in the dark ) knelt for the 'Thunderstruck' intro at the football game last week.

This one simple act should get things moving in the right direction with our favorite band.

Peace and love,

Loaf

(Now I just need to convince Matt Larson to get me down on the field, and turn the damn lights on during intro time, for maximum effect of my protest.)

My Dear Thunderstruckers:

In solemn protest of AC/DC not agreeing to come into Fargo (yet!) to do a live intro, I very bravely and resolutely, in the face of much danger and adversity (such as the fact that no one could even see me doing it with everyone else standing in the dark ) knelt for the 'Thunderstruck' intro at the football game last week.

This one simple act should get things moving in the right direction with our favorite band.

Peace and love,

Loaf

(Now I just need to convince Matt Larson to get me down on the field, and turn the damn lights on during intro time, for maximum effect of my protest.)
    I am pulling all my funding to Thunderstruckmakers. It will not see another penny from me until Loaf is removed (hopefully by force) from office.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I am pulling all my funding to Thunderstruckmakers. It will not see another penny from me until Loaf is removed (hopefully by force) from office.
    Really?! And here I was hoping YOU, of all people, would be the first to join me in my brilliantly thought-out protest for the ages!

I guess some people are just not hip to highly-effective and consensus-building acts of civil disobedience anymore.

Wait a minute!! It appears that in the short time since I formally announced my brilliant protest, my twitty thingy has completely blown up on the interwebs! It appears the term "Bison Loaf" is now trending ahead of such obviously unrelated subjects as "asshat", "Manilow humper", and "rail treatment"! Wow, that kind of attention is really, really cool! (but, um ... this protest was never .. ah ... about me in the first place ..........although it's still damn cool )

It appears that people are actually MAD at poor, beloved and recently socially-conscious Loafy (sniffle, sniffle), because they think that my protest is disrespecting the Bison Football intro, Thunderstruck, and AC/DC themselves (!) ........ instead of my clearly stated protest of Angus and the boys not getting their bony asses in here for a live intro.

How can other people be so dense, when I am so obviously more enlightened than they are?

I'm even starting to think that maybe I'm somehow not executing my protest, regardless of how heartfelt, compassionate and potentially publicity-rich it may be, in the proper venue or in the most proper and effective manner - especially with regards to such fans that are so passionate about their beloved Thunderstruck Intro and their beloved AC/DC band of rockers!

Hells Bells! I might even owe TAB an apology on this one!!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 11-01-2017 at 04:47 PM.