Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Snatch chat? Is that in the App store?
    I couldn't say for sure. As you know, we're not much for social media here at Thunderstruck Makers.

It must be a heck of a good one though. We hear tell that Izzy swears by it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I couldn't say for sure. As you know, we're not much for social media here at Thunderstruck Makers.

It must be a heck of a good one though. We hear tell that Izzy swears by it!
    I'm pretty sure he invented it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

As most of you already know, we are so blessed to be loaded with all kinds of "vision" here at Thunderstruck Makers.

Some of that "vision" (a rather small percentage of it, actually) gets put on display right here on BV, so that the entire tailgating world can bask in the simple brilliance of our ideas for the future of tailgating. Other parts of that "vision" (most all of it, actually) is worked on secretly without the knowledge of, or interference from, all of you little damn thinkers out there. And some of our "vison", quite frankly, is still being worked out professionally through costly and intensive psycho-therapy sessions, but that's not really germane to the topic at hand right now.

Indeed, there are many different directions this organization could have gone with in it's promotion of 'Thunderstruck', but we've chosen a path of dreaming big, also known as the "right path" or the A-game. And in doing so, we focus on what we call the 3 A's of success to accomplishing the A-path to the big time - Authentic AC/DC, Alcohol, and Attitude (as in Winning). We also would have accepted Angus Young, for those of you playing at home.

There is also the path of least resistance, sometimes known as the "do nothing" path (also known in some circles as the "B-Team" or we also would have accepted "JV" or "pud"). This path, although not chosen by us, has many worthwhile merits to it, and we constantly look at the possibilities of this path, just in case our chosen path blows up in our face. (I know, I know........highly unlikely, but what can we say......we're worry warts!) When looking in this direction, we focus on the 3 B's to success for this B-path - Bawdy, Banal, and Be here in a hurry for very little Bucks. (We also would have accepted ButtHockey.)

But there is ANOTHER path, however, that keeps gaining traction in some small-timey circles. It's called the small-time, private tailgating, or C-path, and it is has certain attractions and benefits compared to the other two choices. We focus on the 3 C's of success when analyzing the merits of this C-path - Culture, Class, and Cash. (We also would have accepted Cleavage.)

This group fits all criteria (and the naked mannequin's are an especially nice touch). Have a look and then see all of our potential backup acts (so far) here............ http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609

AC/DC slaps a lawsuit on Applebees!! http://wror.com/2017/05/03/applebees...ng-acdc-track/ .............................. can the public humiliation and legal reckoning of Thunderstruck Makers leadership be far behind?!?!

Also, notice the fee for a live rendition of 'Thunderstruck'................

"…............A 15-SECOND AD USING THE RIFF FROM A MINOR AC/DC HIT COSTS $250K IN LICENSING?! (referring to the Applebees commercial)
    Guess we can’t be surprised since a whopping $500K was shelled out by Paramount Pictures for the use of “Thunderstruck” in 1999’s Varsity Blues. (And it was a live version no less, not the studio cut!)"

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AC/DC slaps a lawsuit on Applebees!! http://wror.com/2017/05/03/applebees...ng-acdc-track/ .............................. can the public humiliation and legal reckoning of Thunderstruck Makers leadership be far behind?!?!

Also, notice the fee for a live rendition of 'Thunderstruck'................

"…............A 15-SECOND AD USING THE RIFF FROM A MINOR AC/DC HIT COSTS $250K IN LICENSING?! (referring to the Applebees commercial)
    Guess we can’t be surprised since a whopping $500K was shelled out by Paramount Pictures for the use of “Thunderstruck” in 1999’s Varsity Blues. (And it was a live version no less, not the studio cut!)"

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I know, right? Instead of being happy-go-lucky Aussie bumblers, these guys act like good old American Capitalists!! Imagine my surprise when I realized that these boys were NOT going to just fly-in and sing Thunderstruck for free!

Oh well. I just wish I knew where that big "war chest" of ThM's went to. We could use it about now. Maybe I'll call up our flagship friends in GF and ask them how they are able to manage money so damn well!!

Well.............just when I had about resigned myself to thinking that getting AC/DC in here with Axl Rose might not be so bad......................one of our crack secret operatives sent this little piece of intelligence back to the mother ship over the weekend.

After a full two minutes of careful and objective evaluation, our staff quickly and expertly deemed that.........................IT SUCKS!!

Yes, yes, I know that it's not AC/DC backing Axl Rose, and that would certainly make some difference because they are still, well.....AC frickin' DC. But this really makes a guy think twice, doesn't it?!!

It is with a heavy heart that TAB is contemplating a vote of no confidence for Bison Loaf as the head of Thunderstruck Makers. Inroads are being made and progress here and there, but nothing has been done. Has extra parking spots been created for extra capacity? No. Has a stage been built? No. Has teh portly one been caged, neutered, and sedated? No. Has Angus even stopped by Applebees in town for a meet and greet? No.

I tell you, people...we need somebody who will get things done...not just talk about them. It just might be time for some fresh blood to take the reigns. Thuderstruck Makers is stuck in the cassette tape days. They aren't even CDs! I know they don't have the money to make it all the way to mp3s yet...but I don't think Loaf has even looked into it. I wonder if louie13 could be just the guy we need.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    It is with a heavy heart that TAB is contemplating a vote of no confidence for Bison Loaf as the head of Thunderstruck Makers. Inroads are being made and progress here and there, but nothing has been done. Has extra parking spots been created for extra capacity? No. Has a stage been built? No. Has teh portly one been caged, neutered, and sedated? No. Has Angus even stopped by Applebees in town for a meet and greet? No.

I tell you, people...we need somebody who will get things done...not just talk about them. It just might be time for some fresh blood to take the reigns. Thunderstruck Makers is stuck in the cassette tape days. They aren't even CDs! I know they don't have the money to make it all the way to mp3s yet...but I don't think Loaf has even looked into it. I wonder if louie13 could be just the guy we need.
    While I'm waiting for my legion of fans and supporters to come here and drop the wrath of hell upon you (it's a given that Fanette and BisonVet will go ballistic over this, for example!).............................I'll just point out a couple of things during the short wait.

1. You, my dear deluded friend, have no idea how many approvals and political hoops I have to jump through, just to get one of my brilliant ideas approved. No, I'm not going to tell what those hoops are and, HELL NO, I don't want anyone to call me about it, but the first step in the process?..............Bresciani Must Go!

2. Louie13 has already been offered a huge monetary employment offer to come aboard ThM as a direct-report (to me) executive, junior-vice, coffee-fetching honcho. So once again, I've outmaneuvered everybody on this one. Just waiting on the signed personal oath of loyalty to myself, and, of course, his agreement to wash my car for the rest of his life.

3. Everybody knows AC/DC sounds great on cassette tape. These other musical delivery systems that you mention might SOUND like a good idea, but I can personally assure you that they are just a passing fad. We're in it for the long haul here at Thunderstruck Makers!

While I'm waiting for my legion of fans and supporters to come here and drop the wrath of hell upon you (it's a given that Fanette and BisonVet will go ballistic over this, for example!).............................I'll just point out a couple of things during the short wait.

1. You, my dear deluded friend, have no idea how many approvals and political hoops I have to jump through, just to get one of my brilliant ideas approved. No, I'm not going to tell what those hoops are and, HELL NO, I don't want anyone to call me about it, but the first step in the process?..............Bresciani Must Go!

2. Louie13 has already been offered a huge monetary employment offer to come aboard ThM as a direct-report (to me) executive, junior-vice, coffee-fetching honcho. So once again, I've outmaneuvered everybody on this one. Just waiting on the signed personal oath of loyalty to myself, and, of course, his agreement to wash my car for the rest of his life.

3. Everybody knows AC/DC sounds great on cassette tape. These other musical delivery systems that you mention might SOUND like a good idea, but I can personally assure you that they are just a passing fad. We're in it for the long haul here at Thunderstruck Makers!
    Hells Bells, Loaf! Everybody knows Money Talks! You've been doing a lot of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, but It's A Long Way To The Top. I know you have a Stiff Upper Lip, but they will Walk All Over You, and you will end up Shot Down In Flames.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]