Page 23 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I know what you mean. Avant-garde art is really hard to wrap your head around sometimes. Think "Yoko Ono".
    "Why" do you say that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCb0TsSIqI0

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Now that the Thunderstruck Makers "inner circle" have received their priority texts, I can officially pass on this breaking news.................

"Thunderstruck Makers regrets to announce that AC/DC will not........... I repeat, will NOT .............be performing out in the Thunder TundraTM tailgating lots for the home opener on August 27th. The boys have a previous concert engagement booked in Greensboro, NC on that date, and have notified us that they intend to keep that prior commitment."

Now..............I know how things of this magnitude tend to get blown up here on Bisonville, so............... before too many of you rush out to the highest ledge, or make a beeline for the nearest, sharpest knife (let's save all that for the next unexpected game loss, shall we?)....................I must emphasize a couple of important points to remember.

First and foremost, ALL other Home Game Dates remain on the table at this point, and negotiations are going at least as well as you have been expecting them to all along.
    Second, even if other likewise announcements should unexpectantly crop up prior to future games (and who in their right mind would ever expect THAT to happen ), recall that we have a full and exciting slate of very talented backup acts available to perform the song "Thunderstruck", should they be called upon to do so.......................... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609

Third and finally, we've managed to win 5 straight titles without AC/DC singing "Thunderstruck" live on location. If those bastards somehow don't show up again this year ( zero chance of THAT happening ), I think we'll be just fine for the 6-Pack.

In NDSU to the big12 related news USF mis-spells research in bid to conference proclaiming their high standard as a research university.

1 down 16 to go!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnat...?client=safari

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    In NDSU to the big12 related news USF mis-spells research in bid to conference proclaiming their high standard as a research university.

1 down 16 to go!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnat...?client=safari
    I'll admit that I'm a little shocked that USF is the first to bite the dust, but really...........................ALL the so-called "contenders" will be dropping like flies once AC/DC makes their appearance in Fargo.

But, we are in no hurry, my man, no hurry at all. Let the rest of the "contenders" eliminate themselves slowly. We've got a little financial housekeeping to take care of first. See Below.

Dear Thunderstruck Makers Community:

I want to make you aware that Thunderstruck Makers ended FY16 with a shortfall of approximately $1.4 million. This is a disappointment to me and totally pisses me off. It is NOT, however, entirely my fault, and it is not related to my recent vacation activities. I will also NOT resign over it.........so let's not even go there. You can be assured, however, that I am taking brilliant administrative steps around here - ones that I learned from an on-line class at Harvard - to address it. Pretty sure that "heads are gonna roll". (Damn, that is cool! I really love saying that!)

Anyway, effective immediately, I am shaking up the Thunderstruck Makers Honcho hierarchy and sending them all to their plush, private offices without any free lunch for a whole week, nor will they be able to play the gin rummy games they love so much from around 1 pm (to 3 pm) everyday. I am a loveable teddy bear most imes, but, dammit, I can be a real hard-ass if I'm forced to be.

As far as the $1.4 million shortfall, it will not in anyway affect our continuing efforts to lure AC/DC into a Thunder TundraTM appearance. But I will be forced to make other peripheral cuts in our operations. Effective with this coming season, Thunderstruck Makers is sad to anounce that it will:

1. Discontinue the distribution of those awesome little green and yellow drink umbrellas that every loves (saves $500)
    2. Discontinue the planned taste-testing of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' this fall (saves $1,000)
    3. Cancel the fly-in and showing of the Gibson 'Thunderstruck' Guitar (saves $2,500)
    The rest of the shortfall is hoped to be accomplished through 'attrition' over the next several years.

I also want to be clear. I am pro-tailgating, pro-classic rock, pro-AC/DC, and most definately pro-alcohol. These cuts, while tough, reflect the tremendous leadership that you all have come to expect. I'm also hoping that after everything dies down a little bit, and I come off double-secret probation from the SBOHT................we'll be able to fudge on these cuts a little bit (especially the drink umbrellas - I love those things!!)

But I also want to make clear that I really mean business this time. As such, I'll be appointing a committee of Honchos that will select another committee of 112 ThM inner circle members, that will be advising me periodically on financial matters when I ask for it. That oughta do it. In the meantime, I very much appreciate all of your continued support and adulation.

Peace,

Bison Loaf
    Thunderstruck Makers Lifetime Head Honcho

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dear Thunderstruck Makers Community:

I want to make you aware that Thunderstruck Makers ended FY16 with a shortfall of approximately $1.4 million. This is a disappointment to me and totally pisses me off. It is NOT, however, entirely my fault, and it is not related to my recent vacation activities. I will also NOT resign over it.........so let's not even go there. You can be assured, however, that I am taking brilliant administrative steps around here - ones that I learned from an on-line class at Harvard - to address it. Pretty sure that "heads are gonna roll". (Damn, that is cool! I really love saying that!)

Anyway, effective immediately, I am shaking up the Thunderstruck Makers Honcho hierarchy and sending them all to their plush, private offices without any free lunch for a whole week, nor will they be able to play the gin rummy games they love so much from around 1 pm (to 3 pm) everyday. I am a loveable teddy bear most imes, but, dammit, I can be a real hard-ass if I'm forced to be.

As far as the $1.4 million shortfall, it will not in anyway affect our continuing efforts to lure AC/DC into a Thunder TundraTM appearance. But I will be forced to make other peripheral cuts in our operations. Effective with this coming season, Thunderstruck Makers is sad to anounce that it will:

1. Discontinue the distribution of those awesome little green and yellow drink umbrellas that every loves (saves $500)
    2. Discontinue the planned taste-testing of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' this fall (saves $1,000)

3. Cancel the fly-in and showing of the Gibson 'Thunderstruck' Guitar (saves $2,500)
    The rest of the shortfall is hoped to be accomplished through 'attrition' over the next several years.

I also want to be clear. I am pro-tailgating, pro-classic rock, pro-AC/DC, and most definately pro-alcohol. These cuts, while tough, reflect the tremendous leadership that you all have come to expect. I'm also hoping that after everything dies down a little bit, and I come off double-secret probation from the SBOHT................we'll be able to fudge on these cuts a little bit (especially the drink umbrellas - I love those things!!)

But I also want to make clear that I really mean business this time. As such, I'll be appointing a committee of Honchos that will select another committee of 112 ThM inner circle members, that will be advising me periodically on financial matters when I ask for it. That oughta do it. In the meantime, I very much appreciate all of your continued support and adulation.

Peace,

Bison Loaf
    Thunderstruck Makers Lifetime Head Honcho
    We have to cancel all three. Please save the guitar. Two out of Three ain't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    We have to cancel all three. Please save the guitar. Two out of Three ain't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s
    HerdBoy, you can beg all night
    But that ain't gettin you nowhere
    I've tried to limit cuts as much as I can
    There's nothing left inside of me.
    And go ahead and cry all night
    But that'll never change the way that I feel
    The debt is really piling up outside
    I wish you wouldn't make me feel bad. (sniffle, sob)

I've poured it on and I've poured it out
    I've tried to show the Board how much I care (sniffle, tear)
    I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout
    But they've been cold to me so long
    I'm crying icicles instead of tears.

And all I can do, is keep on telling you:
    Don't want to (don't want to), but need to (I need to)
    Cuz that damn State Board is telling me I haa-aave to
    But don't be sad (don't be saa-aad)
    'Cause two out of three ain't bad.......................
    Now don't be sad (saa-aad)
    'Cause two out of three ain't bad.

(sigh)

My dear Bisonvillers and spirited Thunderstruck Maker members,

As the 2016 Bison Football Season quickly approaches, Angus and I would like to wish you all a wonderful and successful season of Thundering Herd football and much enjoyment in your participation of some of the best tailgating in the entire country!

At least one of us on this board has had a good bit of fun this offseason , and we thank you for the indulgences in doing so. You can also be rest assured that our work will continue in attempting to lure, cajole, bribe, shame, sucker, and/or blackmail AC/DC into an onsite performance during tailgating. But its now time for Bison Football (!) and that may or may not tend to limit our information to you during the season. For the love of Roscoe , please don't call us, the State Board, or Rob Port about this "perceived" lack of communication!

In the meantime, we leave you with new lyrics to 'Thunderstruck' that Angus and I wrote specially for our Bison Tailgating/Thunderstruck Makers/Thunder TundraTM friends.

Go Bison!

AY.jpg

Thunder TundraTM Struck ..........(sang, of course, to the tune of Thunderstruck)

I was brought, to the middle of a tailgate lot. (Thunder)
    No clue to me, all that was there! Damn there's alot! (Tundra)
    From end to end, it's Green and Gold, all I could see. (Thunder)
    You slapped my back, said with a smile......"come follow me." (Tundra)

Everybody shook my hand,
    all the women stole my heart!
    Oh! The wonder of such fans,
    had me hooked right from the start!

I'd been.... Thunder Tundra Struck!!

Went down the rows, was never hungry, no sir not once (Thunder)
    So much tradition, it will be told, no need to hunt. (Tundra)
    This crowd can drink! All in good fun! No wooden legs. (Thunder)
    I had my fill and I do swear, no need to beg! (Tundra)

I started wobblin' at the knees,
    Top me off again, please!
    Never, ever wanna leave!
    I'd been - Thunder Tundra Struck!
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Tundra Struck!
    Oh, Oh yeah, Tundra Struck!

'My Oh My'........ it's time to leave?
    "Can I come back again, please?!"
    Thunder Tundra Struck! Tundra Struck!

They said, "Yeah..... come again!"
    "We...... always win!"
    "Titles..... on the line."
    "We'll..... do just fine!"

"Yeah..... come again!"
    "We're..... sure we'll win!"
    "Champs...... all the time."
    "We're...... feelin' fine!"
    Thunder Tundra Struck!

Was that a crazy Saturday or what?! First, we get a hailstorm out in Thunder TundraTM, then overtime for the first time ever in the Dome!! Meanwhile..............back in Greensboro, NC...................AC/DC pulls "Live Wire" out of the play bag for the first time since 1982!

This cannot ALL be mere coincidence, people. The cosmos is aligning for a big shakeup in the rock/tailgating/football-intro world, and when it happens, we are well positioned to take advantage of it!

In the meantime, we’ve been busy evaluating film here at Thunderstruck Makers after our first tailgate of the season. (No, not THAT kind of film! Remember, "What happens in Thunder TundraTM, stays in Thunder TundraTM"!)
    Check out the 3 different performance versions of “Live Wire” with lead singers Bon Scott in 1979, Brian Johnson in 1982 (no video), and Axl Rose in 2016....https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._since_82.html

.................and tell me what you think. Your feedback could (but is very highly unlikely to) make a real difference to me on whether or not we hold out for a Brian Johnson-led AC/DC performance of “Thunderstruck” over an Axl Rose-led version.

And yes, Bon Scott is definitely OUT for this one, because as far as I know, at AC/DC’s weekly Monday presser……..it was confirmed that Bon is, indeed, still dead.

But……..not wanting to offend, nor be unprepared for all possibilities…………anyone who experiences a Bon Scott sighting (just look in the same places that you’re seeing Elvis), report it here and I’ll (sigh) see what I can do.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My dear Bisonvillers and spirited Thunderstruck Maker members,

As the 2016 Bison Football Season quickly approaches, Angus and I would like to wish you all a wonderful and successful season of Thundering Herd football and much enjoyment in your participation of some of the best tailgating in the entire country!

At least one of us on this board has had a good bit of fun this offseason , and we thank you for the indulgences in doing so. You can also be rest assured that our work will continue in attempting to lure, cajole, bribe, shame, sucker, and/or blackmail AC/DC into an onsite performance during tailgating. But its now time for Bison Football (!) and that may or may not tend to limit our information to you during the season. For the love of Roscoe , please don't call us, the State Board, or Rob Port about this "perceived" lack of communication!

In the meantime, we leave you with new lyrics to 'Thunderstruck' that Angus and I wrote specially for our Bison Tailgating/Thunderstruck Makers/Thunder TundraTM friends.

Go Bison!

AY.jpg

Thunder TundraTM Struck ..........(sang, of course, to the tune of Thunderstruck)

I was brought, to the middle of a tailgate lot. (Thunder)
    No clue to me, all that was there! Damn there's alot! (Tundra)
    From end to end, it's Green and Gold, all I could see. (Thunder)
    You slapped my back, said with a smile......"come follow me." (Tundra)

Everybody shook my hand,
    all the women stole my heart!
    Oh! The wonder of such fans,
    had me hooked right from the start!

I'd been.... Thunder Tundra Struck!!

Went down the rows, was never hungry, no sir not once (Thunder)
    So much tradition, it will be told, no need to hunt. (Tundra)
    This crowd can drink! All in good fun! No wooden legs. (Thunder)
    I had my fill and I do swear, no need to beg! (Tundra)

I started wobblin' at the knees,
    Top me off again, please!
    Never, ever wanna leave!
    I'd been - Thunder Tundra Struck!
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Tundra Struck!
    Oh, Oh yeah, Tundra Struck!

'My Oh My'........ it's time to leave?
    "Can I come back again, please?!"
    Thunder Tundra Struck! Tundra Struck!

They said, "Yeah..... come again!"
    "We...... always win!"
    "Titles..... on the line."
    "We'll..... do just fine!"

"Yeah..... come again!"
    "We're..... sure we'll win!"
    "Champs...... all the time."
    "We're...... feelin' fine!"
    Thunder Tundra Struck!

More great stuff in this thread. You are not saying that you are putting it on hold for the season, are you? Surely there will be some game- and tailgate-related incidents that will spark more posts.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016