Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: AC/DC to the West Lot.........rumors

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    I am probably not an "expert" on what rock and roll is, or by extension bison football. However, pointing at the chin after a heckler throws a drunk at oneself suggesting another, then grabbing the heckler by the nose seems kinda rock n rollish.

Side note- heard the heckler was Bob Bowlsby's ex-brother in law, and while nose was captured subtitles to the video now removed had angus stating "piss off mate, I'm a fucking Bison".

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...-florida-state

UCONN before NDSU?? 落
    OMG, Chubs! Would you just relax! When GameDay comes back to Fargo for a 3rd time this fall, and this time with AC/DC, Big & Rich and KISS in tow……………... the Big 12 will have no choice but to finally extend the long-awaited invite, and probably PAY US for the privelage to do so!

This isn't my first rodeo, ya know. I don't like to pat myself on the back, but I was also responsible (behind the scenes, of course) for directing "The Flagship's" extremely successful transition to DI. Nuff said.

I'm guessing you're all a little tired by now of BOTH the incessant whining on one side, AND the tone-deaf pompousness on the other side in the "Changes Needed in the Tailgating Lots" thread.......................so here's a little written tribute to the great Malcom Young by a fellow axe man, to ease your pain.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-07-...e-joel-okeeffe (It also includes a 1979 live video of "Let There Be Rock" with the boys in there prime and Bon Scott fronting the band, not long before his death in February of 1980.)

Malcolm, of course, is "retired" from the band due to the effects of Alzheimer's, but as the real leader of the band for all these years, it comes as no real surprise to me that they've had some issues with cohesiveness lately. But then again, this is the band that lost their lead singer (Bon Scott) right as they were attaining their greatest commercial success (Highway to Hell - still my personal favorite album of theirs) and were able to follow it up with one of the Top-5 best selling albums of all-time (Back in Black)!! Quite an astounding feat when you think about it! So really...........what's a little band member shuffling to these guys!
    Still, Malcolm WAS the true glue to the music, the band and the legacy. And although we likely won't EVER see him performing out in our tailgating lots (unlike the rest of the band ) we wish him all the best in his early "retirement"!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

US leg of Rock or Bust Tour begins August 27th.

http://www.acdc.com/tour

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    US leg of Rock or Bust Tour begins August 27th.

http://www.acdc.com/tour
    ..................and ends September 20th.

I need not remind everyone that Sept. 20th usually comes before Oct. 1st, and that there have been speculative predictions and wild-assed rumors (oh how I love it!) on a national scale that there could be a lot of really cool things happening here on October 1st! So................ the simple fact (last time I checked, anyway) that September 20th still comes before October 1st on the Gregorian calendar, is a pretty significant little item for those of us that are into great Bison Football, scintillating Classic Rock, and thunderously fun Thunder TundraTM homecoming tailgating!

Oh, and I also think it is no coincidence that the name of "Fargo" appears in that September 20th final tour date.

Oh, and you could make a strong case that ending up in Philadelphia, new home of one Mr. Carson Wentz, is no simple accident either.

Just sayin'.

Wow! We here at Thunderstruck Makers certainly had an unfortunate incident over the last few days! It appears as though one of my minions (of which the investigation of just who is responsible in currently on-going - I suspect 'I Miss Chubs' or 'HerdBoy', to be quite frank) sent out an unauthorized secret text to inner circle members regarding a new ThM Media Policy, which is reproduced for your information below:

Efffective Immediately:
    New Media Rules for all Thunder TundraTM events, including the AC/DC appearance and subsequent Meet 'n Greet.

1. All reporters, to gain admittance access to any event, will be required to sign a personal oath of allegience to Thunderstruck Makers and vow their support for Bison Loaf to be the organization's perpetual, lifetime executive director. No exceptions.
    2. Interview access to AC/DC, other Thunder TundraTM acts, or ThM Honchos will be requested at least 72 hours in advance, and then likely be rejected unless #3 below applies. If granted, Thunderstruck Makers personnel will be reverentially referred to as "Honchos" in all media-produced content.
    3. At the descretion of Thunderstruck Makers personnel, all good-looking female reporters will be given priority access to ThM events and personnel.
    4. Pom Poms and an unopened bottle of 'Thunderstruck Tequila' will get reporters in faster and for longer periods of time to the AC/DC performance and Meet 'n Greet.
    5. There will be no live simulcasting of any major Thunderstruck Makers announcement, nor will there be any retweeting, retexting, resnapchatting, liking, unliking, poking or prodding (or whatever else you call all that social media crap) of Thunderstruck Makers secret texts to its inner circle members.
    6. Fees for media access will be paid for in advance, via certified check, and are sure to be burdensome and oppressive. Don't like it............we don't care. Get over it, you're the media and no one likes you.

I want to apologize to all of you for this unauthorized bit of policy-making and for the appearance of arrogance that comes across in the offending policy. I want to assure you that I had nothing to do with it , despite what Rob Port will be sure to accuse me of in the coming days, weeks and years. I have since rescinded the offending policy and I will not resign. I repeat - I will NOT resign. (Honestly, it wasn't really all that bad of a policy, was it?) So..........nothing to see here. That is all.

I hope this isn't the end! Working more diligently on the back up plans as we speak.

Really sad when Angus talks about Malcolm. Alzheimer's is a rotten damn deal.

Even Angus Young isn't quite sure what is next, if anything, for AC/DC after tours end in Sept................ http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/...-he-says/59136

At the risk of once again re-opening the old "Breast-Feeding Debate: When and Where is it appropriate?" (which I definitely do NOT want to do ), I found this under "AC/DC news" and I thought it was pretty cleverly done.

I'm wondering if we should give it consideration as another backup act for Thunder TundraTM just in case the real AC/DC decides to retire, breakup or blow us off completely?

AC/DC Breast-Feeding Parody...........(don't worry, it's clean)...........http://www.today.com/parents/breastf...parody-t101534

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    At the risk of once again re-opening the old "Breast-Feeding Debate: When and Where is it appropriate?" (which I definitely do NOT want to do ), I found this under "AC/DC news" and I thought it was pretty cleverly done.

I'm wondering if we should give it consideration as another backup act for Thunder TundraTM just in case the real AC/DC decides to retire, breakup or blow us off completely?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKaaJuXppDE

Guy on a bus told me breast feeding was why most girls lift their shirts at rock concerts.

Same guy is a huge big 12 team donor and said some VERY interesting things about expansion... He sounded like kind of a Hamm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Wow! We here at Thunderstruck Makers certainly had an unfortunate incident over the last few days! It appears as though one of my minions (of which the investigation of just who is responsible in currently on-going - I suspect 'I Miss Chubs' or 'HerdBoy', to be quite frank) sent out an unauthorized secret text to inner circle members regarding a new ThM Media Policy, which is reproduced for your information
    Wow- Twitter really lit up over this. I will fall on the sword.

Was attempting to play to our paying partners and help sponsor the upcoming secret AC/DC concert at tailgating.

Open records can't get at our private messages on Bisonville right?

GO BISON! I Miss Chubs