Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Zak Kuntz

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Zak Kuntz

You can have academic scholarships as a D3 athlete, they just have to be based solely on academic performance and available to the entire student body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Was talking to my buddy who is a coach for MSUM. He said the kid is not only a great football player, but basically a genius. Got crazy scores on his ACT and had a 4.0. He also told me something to the extent of him possibly going to MIT if given the chance. He is currently on the waiting list; I think he said around #4.

Since he signed his letter of intent to play, what would happen if he backed out and went to MIT?
    A. That is very cool.
    B. There wouldn't be any problem.

Good luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    B. There wouldn't be any problem.
    !
    I am sure someone on here would have a problem with it.

"Ya OK, dude. Good luck with that DIII football team and shitty, overpriced degree from M.I. friggin T."
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I am sure someone on here would have a problem with it.

"Ya OK, dude. Good luck with that DIII football team and shitty, overpriced degree from M.I. friggin T."
    Shut your whore mouth!

MIT is expensive, but probably not overpriced. It's also not an Ivy League that kids spend their lives checking boxes to get in (or so it seems.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Shut your whore mouth!

MIT is expensive, but probably not overpriced. It's also not an Ivy League that kids spend their lives checking boxes to get in (or so it seems.)
    Val Kilmer, and the rest of the Real Genius cast, made me want to go to a place like MIT.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Val Kilmer, and the rest of the Real Genius cast, made me want to go to a place like MIT.
    I remember some students who were like the cast---a whole jar full.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Now, I might have to watch Real Genius. And why not Caltech? Gotta like a school that has this page on their site: www.admissions.caltech.edu/content/traditions-and-pranks

BTW, from Real Genius:

Kent: You, huh? Well you won't get away with this. Doctor Hathaway's gonna hear all about this. You'll rue the day!
    Chris Knight: "Rue the day?" Who talks like that?

Well, let me see... Whioux does talk like that?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As a businessman and having hired many people, 99% of college degrees don't get you anything after the 1st job. A college degree essentially means you have the stick-to-it-ness to complete a task. MiT, Harvard & Yale law degrees and medical degrees may be in a different category, but generally, it comes down to "what have you done lately"... Get a degree at a reasonable price that doesn't have life long financial paybacks and you will be fine.
    Last edited by VirginiaBison; 02-08-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    As a businessman and having hired many people, 99% of college degrees don't get you anything after the 1st job. A college degree essentially means you have the stick-to-it-ness to complete a task. MiT, Harvard & Yale law degrees and medical degrees may be in a different category, but generally, it comes down to "what have you done lately"... Get a degree at a reasonable price that doesn't have life long financial paybacks and you will be fine.
    This is so goddamn true.......why would anyone pay 6o to 80 thousand dollars to get a teaching degree from a private institution when you could get the same teaching degree at VCSU or Mayville State for half or a third of the cost.
    And don't give me that bullshit argument about "Well, its means more..." As a life long educator and administrator in ND, I can say it doesn't mean diddly squat.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    This is so goddamn true.......why would anyone pay 6o to 80 thousand dollars to get a teaching degree from a private institution when you could get the same teaching degree at VCSU or Mayville State for half or a third of the cost.
    And don't give me that bullshit argument about "Well, its means more..." As a life long educator and administrator in ND, I can say it doesn't mean diddly squat.
    Yeah but there are connections to be made going to certain schools. I always thought accredited programs should teach the same material and then it's up to the individual but that is not reality. It's not what you know, its who you know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt