Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    Bergh has a really long way to go to be considered a d1 basketball player...might need to fight a bear or date a chick that cheats on him so he can get angry. The young man just lacks aggression on the defensive end and on the glass. Can tell e's used to playing soft competition...
    I've watched him play a handful of times and agree. On the rebounding and defensive end, seems like his reaction time is a bit slow and is need of improvement there. Offensively he can score and is good around the basket. He made a big improvement over last summer to this year and time will tell if he can make another big jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    He needs a ton of work. Even if he's only 17 there is no reason a 6'10" kid shouldn't dominate the glass but this has been an issue for him going back to JV. There is a reason he didn't get a ton of varsity minutes last season.

As far as coaching, have to get the parents out of the kids ears. It happens everywhere but from my understanding, a few in the program are tough to deal with.
    In the time I was able to watch of him he yesterday and talking to a few people from out west he seems like he is able to get his hands on the ball but couldn't hold on. He seemed to try to tip it up and out instead of grabbing it and taking control. A year of intensive college coaching has the possibility of turning him into a good player. He should eat ND high school basketball teams up inside and it has to be a not exactly red flag but a yellow flag that he doesn't.

It really sounds like he needs to eat sleep and drink basketball. I hope there are some good coaches or people helping him with his skill level. All of the coaching and practice in the world will not help if he does not want to be dominate in the sport either. I can not comment on that side of it just stating an opinion.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just a couple of things:
    Meidinger is in his third year of organized basketball. He is a project, but at 7', a good project!
    Dickinson is better coached this year than the previous six seasons. There is no shame in being out coached by the Manson's!
    Moody is a stud and Dickinson is not a deep team. He was double and triple teamed all game and still had 37!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Just a couple of things:
    Meidinger is in his third year of organized basketball. He is a project, but at 7', a good project!
    Dickinson is better coached this year than the previous six seasons. There is no shame in being out coached by the Manson's!
    Moody is a stud and Dickinson is not a deep team. He was double and triple teamed all game and still had 37!
    Do Moody and Meidinger play AAU in the summer and if they do do you know who the coach is? Doesn't Lucas Moormann coach a AAU team out there.

Meidinger with some of Moormanns toughness and D and oh boy what a base to build on for the college coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Do Moody and Meidinger play AAU in the summer and if they do do you know who the coach is? Doesn't Lucas Moormann coach a AAU team out there.

Meidinger with some of Moormanns toughness and D and oh boy what a base to build on for the college coaches.
    ND Phenom. Not sure of coach last summer

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Just a couple of things:
    Probably still adjusting to his body too. These guys that grow like weeds tend to take a bit to develop their coordination. A couple more years and he could be a stud. You can't teach height and guys that size don't come to mid majors very often.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    ND Phenom. Not sure of coach last summer
    Jordan Meidinger has not played for ND Phenom since 2014. Plays for ECI. Last year was coached by Jordan Williams. Will have Lucas Moorman this season. Meidinger and Moody have played 0 games together on the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by balla45 View Post
    Jordan Meidinger has not played for ND Phenom since 2014. Plays for ECI. Last year was coached by Jordan Williams. Will have Lucas Moorman this season. Meidinger and Moody have played 0 games together on the circuit.
    Moody plays for Phenom

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What channel is the ND high school championship game on? I don't see anything on Midco's guide...