Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Roster for next season as of today:

Jared Samuelson Jr 6-2
    Chris Quayle Jr 6-5
    Deng Geu Jr 6-8
    Tyson Ward Jr 6-6
    Vinnie Shahid Jr 5-11 (transfer from Western Nebraska Community College)
    Rocky Kreuser So 6-9
    Cameron Hunter So 6-2
    Tyree Eady RFr 6-5
    Jordan Meidinger RFr 7-0
    Jarius Cook Fr 6-2
    Jaxon Knotek Fr 6-5

13 Scholarships allowed for Men's basketball
    Love the roster. Add Wilson, Horn, Sam. That’s already 14 so guessing someone is not on scholly for at least a year. Big Noah coming in 19? Like it!

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    Love the roster. Add Wilson, Horn, Sam. That’s already 14 so guessing someone is not on scholly for at least a year. Big Noah coming in 19? Like it!
    That's another thing... I wonder what the plan is to shuffle schollies around in 2019 when Christensen signs? No seniors on the roster next year so there's nothing coming available. The coaching staff must know something about a likely departure or else Christensen is on a 4 for 5 deal.

night and day difference in the talent being brought in, I also like the fact that it appears Dave seems very willing to look at transfers.....which is the way D1 is going. Getting a Minneapolis kid to basically come home is fantastic. The talent level has increased dramatically. I also like the balance of this class. Basically getting one of each position, several kids with position flexibility. That and finally REALLY targeting Minneapolis is just awesome. we need that pipeline. The AAU teams are just loaded and there is so much talent there. Several of these kids have played together, will have younger AAU teammates that can play at this level, etc. A lot of positive signs from this off season. Hopefully it translates, but the roster will be crazy young with no seniors. What leaders will emerge? The juco point is apparently the alpha male of the group. I like that out of a point guard.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Looks promising. Looks like a group that could play a more up tempo style of ball while still having the athleticism to bear down and play some nasty defense.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Looks promising. Looks like a group that could play a more up tempo style of ball while still having the athleticism to bear down and play some nasty defense.

Renew or purchase your BB season tickets now. This group will send NDSU to the dance at least 3 times and maybe just maybe a Sweet 16!!!!! Don't want to hear people bitching the SHAC needs more room in 4 years and it is a sell out every night.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Renew or purchase your BB season tickets now. This group will send NDSU to the dance at least 3 times and maybe just maybe a Sweet 16!!!!! Don't want to hear people bitching the SHAC needs more room in 4 years and it is a sell out every night.
    There's the old Bisonville I remember

Dammit best basketball page I've read in years

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would but for 200 Mile drive and typically poor driving conditions. Build the bullet train from Bismarck to Fargo and I'm all in.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I would but for 200 Mile drive and typically poor driving conditions. Build the bullet train from Bismarck to Fargo and I'm all in.

I have only have the distance since I am in Jamestown. That is long enough for mid week games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

In all honesty I was extremely disappointed in how the team played last year. For the players returning that actually saw meaningful minutes. Deng needed more minutes to improve his game skills. Rocky did well for a freshman. Cameron showed what he could do, just needs to do it more often. Tyson keeps his head in the game, he is a dynamic player with his skill set. Jared is a pure role player and can spell a guard for the minutes needed and is not afraid to shoot. But with what is returning and Tyree and Jordan being able to play this year along with the new players coming in this appears to be an exciting team to watch. Will need a leader to setup and take this team on and push them forward. I know the excuses will be they are a young team. I guess that really does not matter to me. There are young players all over the country that make impacts on their teams. We have the players that can do it as well. Go Bison