Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Hope you took some tailgating supplies with to the ledge for the duration
    as Christensen is a junior - can’t sign until next Nov-Dec early signing period.
    Oh, I know. Already nervous about keeping him. Hoping big names stay away during AAU.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I honestly don’t think x’s and o’s is the issue I would pick with Dave’s coaching... I think his X’s and O’s knowledge is off the charts... if there is a shortcoming I’d pick at flexibility... or playing the style that best fits your players is where I’d pick but I’m sure that is something that comes with experience
    It probably is...but at the heat of the moment he hasn't done or beaten anybody consistently where I think "ok we got something here"

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It probably is...but at the heat of the moment he hasn't done or beaten anybody consistently where I think "ok we got something here"
    So his first year as coach we went dancing..... He didn't make any good decisions?

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I honestly don’t think x’s and o’s is the issue I would pick with Dave’s coaching... I think his X’s and O’s knowledge is off the charts... if there is a shortcoming I’d pick at flexibility... or playing the style that best fits your players is where I’d pick but I’m sure that is something that comes with experience
    This is exactly where I'm at with Richman. We just haven't had the horses the past couple of years. That's obviously on him too, but I'm hoping the recruiting gets turned around.

So his first year as coach we went dancing..... He didn't make any good decisions?
    Honestly for me, I think I gave coach too much credit for that first year. LA was lights out! Run a bad set for 30 seconds and get the ball to LA and he would bail you out. Brown and Warner were a big part of that year too.

We really missed those hard nosed hustle guys. Ben and Paul did hustle, Paul was underrated on the boards, but we didn't really have a consistent stand out.

LA was lights out but our defense was way beyond what we see now as well. He coached that team perfectly in my opinion, got 100% of the talent he had.

I don't know how he lost his way exactly, I think some of it is recruiting and being too narrow focused but also it seemed like he wanted the team to play that style and without an LA and some tough guys like Dex, Brown and Kading they just couldn't grind out games like they used to.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Ok..he took a team that was a 12 seed the year before and went dancing the consecutive year. That was 4 seasons ago. Now what? If my Minnesota math is correct...he should be well into his recruits careers with what to show for it?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Ok..he took a team that was a 12 seed the year before and went dancing the consecutive year. That was 4 seasons ago. Now what? If my Minnesota math is correct...he should be well into his recruits careers with what to show for it?
    Do you enjoy being a negative Nancy? With the kids we have coming in and the possibility of griesel .... Let's get excoted.... No doubt last year was a tough one.... But we're as good at your job in year 4 as you were year 5 or 6 or 7... Live and learn.... And the lack of talent on this team is really mistakes from years 1-3 so let's quit with the negativity and for at least the summer have some hope is that that what being a ride or die fan is all about

Do you enjoy being a negative Nancy? With the kids we have coming in and the possibility of griesel .... Let's get excoted.... No doubt last year was a tough one.... But we're as good at your job in year 4 as you were year 5 or 6 or 7... Live and learn.... And the lack of talent on this team is really mistakes from years 1-3 so let's quit with the negativity and for at least the summer have some hope is that that what being a ride or die fan is all about
    the guys a basketball coach, not a player. what the hell is this development talk about? we should know what he brings to the table after 2 years and ~60 games, with or without his recruits. If hes taking over a mess, we give him extra time. if hes taking over a team that beat a 5 seed and has only been back dancing once with a brand spanking new facility, hes on a much shorter leash.

you said in a post a couple up that his first job is to recruit, then you just admitted its a lack of talent from years 1-3. WTF is it? this guy is a 1 step forward, 1.5 steps backwards coach. Not sure why it's hard to see this...

The entire coaching staff, all of the returning players and Griesel stopped by the softball game today for a couple of innings.

533 In a row