Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Congrats to Noah, a local kid that wants to be a Bison. Sign me up for that. He has really impressed local coaches around the area. Has tons of versatility and works hard. Still has another year high school to improve before coming to NDSU.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Congrats to Noah, a local kid that wants to be a Bison. Sign me up for that. He has really impressed local coaches around the area. Has tons of versatility and works hard. Still has another year high school to improve before coming to NDSU.
    Exactly, congrats to him!

Seems like a great kid and could be a great player. We'll see in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Personally, I absolutely LOVE ROcky and feel like he will be a darn good 5. WIth stretch 4 ability as well. He showed me plenty as a true freshman to know he will be a good one.
    I do believe Rocky has the potential to be very good. He did quite well for a freshman. Can he progress is the question, that is why I really like watching college ball. Our level we absolutely need to have a staff that can identify potential and progress players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I do believe Rocky has the potential to be very good. He did quite well for a freshman. Can he progress is the question, that is why I really like watching college ball. Our level we absolutely need to have a staff that can identify potential and progress players.
    Agreed. But I wish they would've had the flexibility to redshirt Rocky last year. I don't think he was ready mentally for the rigors of D1 basketball even though physically he was. Unless I'm mistaken he was on a 4 for 5 scholarship deal also meaning he wasn't on scholarship last year so I would've figured they'd be looking to redshirt him. Could be wrong on that.

As for Christenson I'm pumped to see him commit. It's the dreaded "P word" but he has the potential to be a great Summit League player with his skill set that includes length, handle, and shooting ability. He and the coaching staff will need to develop him into that though so I'll take the wait and see approach but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd much rather see them take a chance on a 6'8" kid like him with time to grow still than for another guard type player.

Noah seems like he has a killer instinct and competitive drive. He has the aggression I wish Taylor Braun had...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Good get in what seems like a hard working kid with a lot of potential.

I really hate saying this here in a thread where NDSU just really picked up a solid recruit, but I'm at a point where it doesn't matter to me who's coming in and how great of a get he is. I would like to start seeing some progress from the coaching staff on developing these kids accordingly in a system where they can benefit the team and themselves. I really don't know how Christensen or another big is going to make the team better from an inside standpoint (other than more talent), because it seems like we run a system that doesn't really involve bigs anyways.

Hopefully that changes and the coaching staff can better utilize these bigs and make the offense better. IMO regardless of talent or wins, you can see coaching taking affect on the court with the current players in what exactly they are trying to do on the court, and after watching this team for the last year and a half, I really have no idea what they are trying to do on the offensive end.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Good get in what seems like a hard working kid with a lot of potential.

I really hate saying this here in a thread where NDSU just really picked up a solid recruit, but I'm at a point where it doesn't matter to me who's coming in and how great of a get he is. I would like to start seeing some progress from the coaching staff on developing these kids accordingly in a system where they can benefit the team and themselves. I really don't know how Christensen or another big is going to make the team better from an inside standpoint (other than more talent), because it seems like we run a system that doesn't really involve bigs anyways.

Hopefully that changes and the coaching staff can better utilize these bigs and make the offense better. IMO regardless of talent or wins, you can see coaching taking affect on the court with the current players in what exactly they are trying to do on the court, and after watching this team for the last year and a half, I really have no idea what they are trying to do on the offensive end.
    Look at loyola this year, they had a big that when needed could play, not overly athletic but a big bang around guy that required a defender. We had guys other teams didnt even need to guard.

Without a good big man we wont win in the Tourney again, ley alobe make it there imo

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Look at loyola this year, they had a big that when needed could play, not overly athletic but a big bang around guy that required a defender. We had guys other teams didnt even need to guard.

Without a good big man we wont win in the Tourney again, ley alobe make it there imo
    Plenty of teams win their conference auto bid every year without a legitimate true big. It happens every year. The game in this day and age is perimeter oriented form the NBA level on down.

I'm not saying having a legitimate big is not important, but it isn't the end all like everyone here thinks it is. You need big guys that can defend and rebound, work glass cleanup and be active on both ends. If fans want to bank their success on the next Marshall Bjorklund or Mike Daum to come walking through that door, they could be waiting a very long time. Maybe forever.

Nice win for the coaching staff! Kid sounds like an extremely versatile 6'8" which is never easy to find out of high school. Will be a long 2.5 years to wait to see this kid play for the Bison but glad he made his decision early!