Page 56 of 134 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yea, sucks getting juniors who are 6'8 that can obviously ball. Lets rescind the offer.
    No way. Kid is from the east side of the river

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yea, sucks getting juniors who are 6'8 that can obviously ball. Lets rescind the offer.
    Guess we'll see. Save this post for 4 years from now

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    NOW we will keep those season tickets!!! Will be fun to watch his senior year here in Breck, & then off to be a BISON! Congrats NOAH!

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Cool, another Jordan Aaberg or Lucas Moorman . Everyone lose their mind over a small town big again.

You're right, plus he can dribble and handle the ball and make some 3 point shots!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I am EXCITED!!!! GREAT RECRUIT!!! Now I'm Scared as heck that he has another year to improve and other BIGGER schools come swooping in

I can already hear it..... Coach Richman, "Tell me you didn't sign anything!" doing his best Tom Cruise

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Guess we'll see. Save this post for 4 years from now
    Sorry, but Aaberg had skills. Go back and watch the Oklahoma game. He was just too injury prone. Also, Bjorkland was a small town kid and was a stud as well.

I am by no way losing my mind as I never do over recruits, but it looks like a step in the right direction. However, I still have my doubts about Richman (hopefully he is learning some valuable lessons and applying them to himself as well).
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Noah is a great get but he doesn't solve an immediate need, he's another guy that has the skill set to play the 4 more so than the 5. Deng and Rocky are both also more suited for that. Don't get me wrong, super excited about this kids potential but we need to find a CENTER, a true 5 who can work the post, defend the post and rebound. In about a half an hour of looking online for a solid JUCO player that hasn't already committed elsewhere I found this kid:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10364745/Aaron-Givens

I would sure hope are staff has more resources than me to find talent and we could get someone like this onto this team. Does he look like the biggest and best JUCO player out there no, but does he look like a significant improvement over any of our existing options...100% yes.

I like that it sounds like the kid has drive on top of drive on top of drive.

Curious as I know some of you know the family or are family. What does his dad look like? Is he tall and slim or does Noah have the genes to put on some bulk!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Noah is a great get but he doesn't solve an immediate need, he's another guy that has the skill set to play the 4 more so than the 5. Deng and Rocky are both also more suited for that. Don't get me wrong, super excited about this kids potential but we need to find a CENTER, a true 5 who can work the post, defend the post and rebound. In about a half an hour of looking online for a solid JUCO player that hasn't already committed elsewhere I found this kid:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10364745/Aaron-Givens

I would sure hope are staff has more resources than me to find talent and we could get someone like this onto this team. Does he look like the biggest and best JUCO player out there no, but does he look like a significant improvement over any of our existing options...100% yes.
    I am not trying to disagree at all, but signing Noah wasn't trying to fix our hole in the middle. We just signed a high school Junior. We have plenty of scholarships and are trying to currently solve the need for an IMMEDIATE help at the big spot. Clearly signing a kid that won't be on campus for 2 years isn't going to do that. The staff is all over the JUCO big market as we speak and bringing them in for visits. Hope they can provide immediate help. Personally, I absolutely LOVE ROcky and feel like he will be a darn good 5. WIth stretch 4 ability as well. He showed me plenty as a true freshman to know he will be a good one. I feel like we have struggled to find that 4 man who can be a man. That is what we are trying to find. Get me a DOG!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not trying to disagree at all, but signing Noah wasn't trying to fix our hole in the middle. We just signed a high school Junior. We have plenty of scholarships and are trying to currently solve the need for an IMMEDIATE help at the big spot. Clearly signing a kid that won't be on campus for 2 years isn't going to do that. The staff is all over the JUCO big market as we speak and bringing them in for visits. Hope they can provide immediate help. Personally, I absolutely LOVE ROcky and feel like he will be a darn good 5. WIth stretch 4 ability as well. He showed me plenty as a true freshman to know he will be a good one. I feel like we have struggled to find that 4 man who can be a man. That is what we are trying to find. Get me a DOG!
    I am also glad that Coach Richman is apparently willing to look at transfers and JUCO kids again. I know that isn't/wasn't his first choice, but that is what this level has become. You cannot avoid it. Not all transfers are bad kids. Clearly. some are, some aren't. I am really excited about the 2 guards coming in. I don't know as much about the Wisconsin kid coming in, but the stuff I read is that he is very competitive with a great outside shot. Plus, he has good size. Plus, we redshirted a stud. he will play the 3/4 spot and is built like a man already. This team needs chemistry, I actually believe there is more talent than we think. The talent is in the young, and that isn't the recipe for winning, but at least we should see some serious promise as the upper classes aren't good. Tyson needs to really take over this team. Be the leader. #offseasonoptimism #findsomedudes
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.