Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Definitely not surprised to see Wesenberg go as he wasn't going to see the floor, little surprised to see Malik leave but his minutes were likely to be limited as well. My guess is this means Samuelson gets a scholarship and we look for some JUCO help or we find another Freshman or two and a guy like Eady who looks like he could contribute right away doesn't redshirt. Might not hurt to hold one of those scholarships over to even out the classes a bit as well. Right now our 2 deep rotation would be:
    Khy/Hunter
    P Miller/Samuelson
    Ward/Deng
    AJ/Deng
    D Miller/Eliason

Richman rarely goes more than 8 or 9 deep anyway so we would have a fairly decent rotation with the guys we have on the roster.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Watched the Dickinson state A game last night and I gotta say I'm pretty excited about us landing Jordan. Definitely will need to get a little stronger (and learn to shoot free throws as his 0-fer performance left a lot to be desired) but he did a pretty good job of gaining position, had nice touch around the rim, got up and down the floor very well for a kid that size and definitely has the shot blocking ability we need. Even got to see him throw one down while getting fouled, once our S&C program gets a hold of him and can make him a little more explosive this kid is going to be fun to watch. With Dylan & Deng already looking like solid shot blockers I think we have ourselves a little block party coming in the next few years.
    He is having another good game tonight, kid can move and has a soft tough. The Bison should get some serious minutes from him once he is a redshirt sophomore.

great game for Meidenger tonight. 18 points attacked the rim, too bad that ballhog und recruit chucked 5 missed 3's at end of game.

the Totino Grace recruit Rocky Krueser put up 27 in playoffs, him and Tyree Eady could play right away...

slick vic & I saw Dave Richman at NDSU game, really liked 2-3 players for NDSU, Heck Jack Johnson 6 8 guy is committed to MSUM, but I'd throw a scholly at him, great post moves, can shoot the 3 smooth.

Melvin Newborn Jr (gophers bballer's kid) is a great player, but fouled out, looked bad, he's got 3 D1 offers, NDSU could grab him too.

We need a big THUG down low, I sure hope Dylan Miller gets a mean streak in him over this summer, we need a banger!
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 03-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Meidinger moves well and could be a big asset in pick n roll defense down the road

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Meidinger moves well and could be a big asset in pick n roll defense down the road
    I like his game the more I see him play. Still needs to improve and continue cto grow as a player and skill level.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    great game for Meidenger tonight. 18 points attacked the rim, too bad that ballhog und recruit chucked 5 missed 3's at end of game.
    Moody did not look good last night and yes, on five straight possessions with under 2 minutes left in the game he took the first shot and they were all long range 3's. There was plenty of time left and Dickinson needed better shot selections and points.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Moody did not look good last night and yes, on five straight possessions with under 2 minutes left in the game he took the first shot and they were all long range 3's. There was plenty of time left and Dickinson needed better shot selections and points.
    Yup, down by 3 with the ball under 30 seconds left you call a timeout and set something up. The Midgets ended the game with 2 timeouts in their pocket!
    Meidinger has improved considerably from last year. He moves really well for a big man. Need to work on his hands, catching the entry pass in traffic. He does not have good hands at this point but that is an issue that can be improved on!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

KeJuan Johnson from Minot looked like the best player in the state to me after watching the ND class A state tournament. Anyone hear where he is going? I thought he had division 1 level quickness and was more of a complete player then Moody in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    KeJuan Johnson from Minot looked like the best player in the state to me after watching the ND class A state tournament. Anyone hear where he is going? I thought he had division 1 level quickness and was more of a complete player then Moody in my opinion.
    Mary is his offer that I find
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I wasn't really impressed with Moody at all, felt like he shot his team out of that game last night. Jordan looked pretty solid, still a raw product but a lot there for the coaching staff to work with.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.