Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Meidinger had 25pts 14 reb 4 blks in win over #1 Minot. Wonder where Johnson for Minot will play? Seems like he would be a decent D2 athlete.

Johnson will be JuCo.

Quote Originally Posted by balla45 View Post
    Johnson will be JuCo.
    Thanks for the info. They had a nice win over the SD Class A #1 on Saturday

NDSU calling on Williston State wing Jamil Jackson. Not a Dexter replacement JuCo but could slide in to Carlin's spot if he can compete with Malik.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    NDSU calling on Williston State wing Jamil Jackson. Not a Dexter replacement JuCo but could slide in to Carlin's spot if he can compete with Malik.
    Is Jamil Jackson a 2017 or a 2018 recruit?
    Would he need to graduate from Williston State to qualify for NDSU?
    Jackson is listed at 6' 6" 190, a freshman from Minneapolis North.
    Averaging 15.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 35% 3FG%, 45% FG on the season.
    Averaging 19.8 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 43% 3FG%, 51% FG in conference play.
    Williston State record is 13-13, 5-3 conference.
    I see mention of a Southern Utah offer so far.

If Jackson was a 2018 recruit, then he would arrive as AJ and PMiller are finishing their NDSU careers. If he is a 2017 recruit, thatsa lotta wings looking for pt, unless he were to redshirt.

Which reminds me, does NDSU even have a scholly available for 2017?
    I thought the Bison were full after signing 3 players already. Or is this more due diligence recruiting, in case a player leaves the program?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We technically have 1 scholarship available as one of our recruits accepted a 4 for 5 scholarship offer. Unless it gets awarded to Samuelson we should have the ability to sign one more recruit for this class. My guess is that if we would add a wing player to this class he would likely redshirt unless as mentioned above he's a better option than Malik. Carlin's minutes will go to Tyson next year and Tyson's minutes likely split between Cameron Hunter who will backup Khy and Deng Geu getting more time. With Samuelson still having his role I don't see Malik even having a whole lot of minutes available to him so unless this kid is super talented I think he'd redshirt but that's just how I see it.

Please no juco's. Unless it's a gifted big or Andre Smith clone we don't need it.

Really hope Samuelson gets that last scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Please no juco's. Unless it's a gifted big or Andre Smith clone we don't need it.

This MPLS North kid is awesome, would LOVE HIM!

WHY CANT DAVE RICHMAN GET A WAHP SCIENCE JUCO JUST ONCE IN HIS TENURE HERE?? Serious Question? they are in top 10 of Juco's in the country ususally
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

I like to develop players better than go with Jucos but basketball is different than football. You can snag some absolute studs in juco players for basketball and if they fit your system I'm alright with it. But if we're talking a guard he better be pretty freaking dynamic. Like you said Andre was a special talent

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'd love to get a JUCO big that is active on the glass and can play some defense. Dex is leaving a pretty big void, I like our incoming class but it is hard to rely on young bigs.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Dickinson is on tv tonight, 7:30, channel 1004 on CableOne.
    Nice chance to watch 7 footer Jordan Meidinger.