Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    This kid is a large man. He is getting stronger and stronger and already a very skilled player. I know he has been a redshirt kid since we started recruiting him....but how can he not play next year. Kid is good. People talk like he is some project. I hope he shows up in June and come OCtober we have a tough decision. I could care less if he can score. Show me heart and play defense. Different level being a 7 footer.
    I don't know, I think a redshirt year for him would really help. Needs to improve his strength and stamina. He has problems holding his ground on both ends of the floor. I saw him get pushed around and struggle last week at Legacy. Right now, 5 minutes against Dex and he might break in half or pass out! But...the kid has pretty good feet and decent skills for a very tall fella. The strength will come with maturity and a weight program, but right now, at times, he struggles with the physical nature of HS basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I don't know, I think a redshirt year for him would really help. Needs to improve his strength and stamina. He has problems holding his ground on both ends of the floor. I saw him get pushed around and struggle last week at Legacy. Right now, 5 minutes against Dex and he might break in half or pass out! But...the kid has pretty good feet and decent skills for a very tall fella. The strength will come with maturity and a weight program, but right now, at times, he struggles with the physical nature of HS basketball.
    I agree. A RS year would really help him a lot against D1 competition.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can see both sides of him using a RS or not and honestly I think a lot of it will depend on how Dylan and Spencer progress between now and the beginning of next season. If the staff feels we can trust those guys for a full season then I think he'll RS to get stronger, if not then gonna be tough to keep a 7'1" kid on the bench.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Agreed. He is so inconsistent. I was at a game this year vs Mandan where he had 5 rebounds and looked like he had no business being in the court. Wasting a chance at a very good 5th year for what will be a struggle of a true freshman year.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I can see both sides of him using a RS or not and honestly I think a lot of it will depend on how Dylan and Spencer progress between now and the beginning of next season. If the staff feels we can trust those guys for a full season then I think he'll RS to get stronger, if not then gonna be tough to keep a 7'1" kid on the bench.
    Yes, could Dylan and Spencer handle the C position between the 2 of them?
    Could see Deng filling in for a few minutes in a small, fast lineup also.
    Would make sense that at least 1 of the 2 big men signed would play right
    away and the other more likely to redshirt. Will be interesting to see who is
    most ready next fall, 7' Meidinger or 6' 9" stretch 4 Rocky Kreuser, who
    shot 41% on 3's last season.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Regardless of what happens next year, Dex will be greatly missed...

Finally got around to making some updates...First page should be mostly up to date.

Also updated the Scholarship chart...thanks for the reminder Ross.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 01-21-2017 at 11:53 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Meidinger had 25pts 14 reb 4 blks in win over #1 Minot. Wonder where Johnson for Minot will play? Seems like he would be a decent D2 athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Meidinger had 25pts 14 reb 4 blks in win over #1 Minot. Wonder where Johnson for Minot will play? Seems like he would be a decent D2 athlete.
    Looking forward to see him play in Jamestown in a couple weeks.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    That is the best I have seen Meidinger look! 9-12 from the field and had a defensive presence. Besides the blocks he changed a lot of Minot shots. Had also had a few kick out assists. I think we may have something here!