Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1335

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the JUCO route or any transfer route really unless it's a desperate need situation like our current transfers are. Vinnie was amazing, Andre Smith was fantastic and I do like Witz's game for the most part. But for every one of those guys you get a Chris Quayle (he was fine but could easily have matched his production with a 4 year player, a Jordan Horn who wasn't happy with his role and transferred again, Malik Clements, Drew Lundberg, Dylan Hale, Damar Wilson, DeJuan Flowers, etc. We've missed a lot more than we've hit on those guys so I much prefer 4/5 year players.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the JUCO route or any transfer route really unless it's a desperate need situation like our current transfers are. Vinnie was amazing, Andre Smith was fantastic and I do like Witz's game for the most part. But for every one of those guys you get a Chris Quayle (he was fine but could easily have matched his production with a 4 year player, a Jordan Horn who wasn't happy with his role and transferred again, Malik Clements, Drew Lundberg, Dylan Hale, Damar Wilson, DeJuan Flowers, etc. We've missed a lot more than we've hit on those guys so I much prefer 4/5 year players.
    Drew Lundberg was a high school player, not a juco or transfer. Sidelined by injury, and never really saw the court. But I get your point.

Lundberg was a transfer from Northern Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Drew Lundberg was a high school player, not a juco or transfer. Sidelined by injury, and never really saw the court. But I get your point.
    You’re thinking of Joel Lindberg I think.

Speaking of Drew Lundberg, pretty crazy to see all the MN state football receiving record he still holds. Damn!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Richman’s priority and plan was the WI high school PG that signed at SIU. When we missed on him, the juco came into play. Can’t fault DR for going after the WI PG hard, but you don’t win em all. He’s going to be a good one in my estimation. Would have been a 4 year starter here.

We’ve got some work to do, but need to pursue getting on par with the top teams in the MVC, like UNI. SIU is/was not better than Ndsu this past year, but their BB commitment is probably ahead of us.

Need to get the arena fixed, and get the fans going to the 4000+ level each game.

We had been setting our sights on some really good PG from high school but we have not able to land them.

Guys we had serious interest in that we were not able to reel in at the PG position:

Dalton Banks, PG 2020, Eau Claire WI - Committed to SIU
    Drake Dobbs, PG 2020, Eden Prairie - Committed to Liberty
    Calvin Wishart, PG 2018 Delano - Committed to Georgia Southern and is now transferring to Santa Barbara
    Tyler Johnson, PG 2016 Minneapolis North, going to NFL from Gophers football
    Lamonte Bearden, PG 2014, Germaintown WI, committed to Buffalo transferred to Western Kentucky later.

I think our lack of success has forced us to start recruiting JUCOs at the position.

One of the Hurlburt brothers from Enderlin was offered by Colorado.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    One of the Hurlburt brothers from Enderlin was offered by Colorado.
    Along with Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota. I would love for him to go to one of those schools.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Along with Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota. I would love for him to go to one of those schools.
    I would love to have him come to NDSU; I'm thinking of his parents...…...they wouldn't have so far to drive to watch him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Nobody will believe me now...but when Jordan officially signs...it will be like...HOW THE HECK DID NDSU SIGN HIM????? I cannot wait.
    Jordan didn't exactly pan out

zero chance the Enderlin kid comes here
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?