Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Looks like Samuelson went back to walk- on status. Perhaps his scholarship was only good for the 1 year. I am assuming Christianson or Harden-Hayes will redshirt next year and pay, and then go on scholarship the following year.
    That doesn't make much sense since they'd only have 12 of 15 guys on scholarship then. Unless I'm mistaken you can't have more than 15 on the roster 13 of which can be scholarship and I know NDSU prides itself in fully funding all varsity sports so I'd be surprised if they weren't using all 13 schollies available. And there is still one guy of the 13 who are returning who wasn't on scholarship last year but maybe that's "the deal" that was made with that player that he'd be on scholarship this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I don't know anything about this recruit, but we really needed a PG or a Big. Whenever we have had a great point guard the team has been good. It is the QB and we need to take the Football thought and over recruit this position in todays BB. I don't care about positionless BB as long as you have a great point guard.
    Todays game has evolved towards ball screens and surrounding them with shooters. We have that for next year, but will need it for the future.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Todays game has evolved towards ball screens and surrounding them with shooters. We have that for next year, but will need it for the future.
    I completely understand that but it is way more effective if you have one that can break down the defense and create for those shooters like Shahid did the second half of this year. Honestly, mid major basketball has for the most part always been this way since we can never get great bigs. Great mid major teams are always led by great point guards.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That doesn't make much sense since they'd only have 12 of 15 guys on scholarship then. Unless I'm mistaken you can't have more than 15 on the roster 13 of which can be scholarship and I know NDSU prides itself in fully funding all varsity sports so I'd be surprised if they weren't using all 13 schollies available. And there is still one guy of the 13 who are returning who wasn't on scholarship last year but maybe that's "the deal" that was made with that player that he'd be on scholarship this year.
    Not sure where you get the 12 out of 15 number from. There were 14 players on the roster last year and to my knowledge 13 were on scholarship and one on a 5 for 4 deal to meet the 13 requirement. Deng leaves but the player on the 5 for 4 deals scholarship counts against it going forward to keep the number at 13 and now we are adding 2 more players. That's 15 players, 15 scholarships. Jared is a team captain and a starter, I highly doubt he went back to walk-on status. Two players are going to have to forfeit scholarships for next season to make the math work. I feel that Meidinger is likely one of them since he hasn't touched the floor yet but I don't know who else would be on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Not sure where you get the 12 out of 15 number from. There were 14 players on the roster last year and to my knowledge 13 were on scholarship and one on a 5 for 4 deal to meet the 13 requirement. Deng leaves but the player on the 5 for 4 deals scholarship counts against it going forward to keep the number at 13 and now we are adding 2 more players. That's 15 players, 15 scholarships. Jared is a team captain and a starter, I highly doubt he went back to walk-on status. Two players are going to have to forfeit scholarships for next season to make the math work. I feel that Meidinger is likely one of them since he hasn't touched the floor yet but I don't know who else would be on that list.
    Johnny's post said that Samuelson won't be on scholarship next year and that both Christianson and Harden-Hayes would be paying their own way in the first year of a 5-for-4 so that would only leave 12 scholarship players. Like I said, it doesn't add up to me why they'd leave a scholarship on the table.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Johnny's post said that Samuelson won't be on scholarship next year and that both Christianson and Harden-Hayes would be paying their own way in the first year of a 5-for-4 so that would only leave 12 scholarship players. Like I said, it doesn't add up to me why they'd leave a scholarship on the table.
    He said that perhaps one or the other would possibly do a 5 for 4, not both and certainly not for sure and he was thinking Samuelson's scholly was only good for one year. There's definitely not any scholarships on the table, the question is who's sacrificing a year. Would definitely be nice to get some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    id rather have a Big Transfer or a Grad transfer from somewhere. AJ Jacobson 2.0. Only 15 PPG at Moorhead High. youd think we'd get 25-30ppg kids. hope he works out.
    Those were the career numbers listed in the article - 19.6 ppg is what I have seen for a Senior scoring number. Also, Harden-Hayes has a teammate who is also a college prospect - 6’ 6” JR Drew Hagen, so Spud scoring ended up more balanced. The Moorhead games I watched, MHH was playing within the team, not trying to take over just to stuff the stat sheet.

MHH reminds me of Tyson Ward, especially in his build. Ward was 6’ 6” 180 when he got here, now 190. After seeing Ward in the exhibition game his 1st year, I thought he would redshirt, but he did play as a true FR. With all the wings the Bison have returning, would guess that MHH redshirts next season.

IIRC Rocky Kreuser is another Bison who came to Fargo on a 5 year, 4 year scholarship offer. So was Spencer Eliason.
    So I am confused, like some others, as to if the Bison have now used all their schollies. Perhaps they will still be recruiting another PF/C from a JC or as a grad transfer. Someone please ask the Coach!

Ryan James
    @RyanJamesMN
    ·
    13h
    This is a big get for NDSU. Maleeck is a top ten prospect in Minnesota's 2019 class and one of the more rapidly improving players out there.

Quote Tweet

Maleeck Harden-Hayes
    @MaleeckH
    · 15h
    Committed 落
    When you think about the quality of D1 recruits in Minnesota this year, it is high praise of Ryan James to say this (top 10)......

David Roddy - 6’ 5” - Colorado State
    Zeke Nnaji - 6’ 9” - Arizona
    Antwan Kimmons - 6’ 1” - Northern Iowa
    Robert Jones - 6’ 9” - Denver
    Jamison Battle - 6’ 6” - was George Washington, currently a free agent after a coaching change
    Courtney Brown - 6’ 6” - Milwaukee
    Tyrell Terry - 6’ 1” - Stanford
    Tyler Wahl - 6’ 6” - Wisconsin
    Jaeden King - 6’ 5” - Western Illinois

Oh, and some guy named Hurt from Rochester has a couple offers, I guess
    Last edited by bruinbison; 04-08-2019 at 04:23 PM.

As stated, there has been more than one player on a four of five year scholarship deal. What the fans dont know is which players are affected season to season. I highly doubt any player has lost his scholarship.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I don't know anything about this recruit, but we really needed a PG or a Big. Whenever we have had a great point guard the team has been good. It is the QB and we need to take the Football thought and over recruit this position in todays BB. I don't care about positionless BB as long as you have a great point guard.
    In addition to Vinnie, Still have Cam Hunter for his JR season next year, he dealt with injury trouble for part of this year.
    Dalton Banks - 6’ 1” 180 - Eau Claire WI (North) - is the PG already offered by NDSU for 2020. Definitely PG is a big priority next year.

Banks is a kid the staff is extremely high on.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk