Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1336

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    While we are at it, let's get ol Torgy on Chuck's bench. Return to glory
    thad b a staff the goat ropers would be lucky 2 have! 2 words = legendary

Big story nobody is talking about right now that will impact recruiting/rosters at all levels of basketball is the proposed "free transfer" rule that is expected to pass this year. [I think] it essentially give athletes one free transfer without penalty - meaning you can go D1-D1/ D2-D1/ D1-D2 / etc and not have to sit a year. The NSIC coaches are all talking about it this weekend, worried about the impact it will have on their programs. There are half dozen kids in the NSIC that could easily play in the SL or higher. Think about it in the context of a guy like Friedel, who shows out as a Freshman at SDSU - he's fair game for other D1s to take on as a transfer without having to sit. This is BIG deal and a BAD deal for the NCAA, especially D2s and Mid-Majors. Thanks Calipari.

i tend to be pro-player, but this proposed rule does seem to be a lil much. i still gotta read up on it, sounds pretty straightforward tho.

one thing to keep in mind; yes, mid-majors and D2 schools are at risk of losing their better players. was listening to a podcast awhile ago and a coach brought up a really good point by essentially saying guys at the end of the bench for power conference schools are just as likely to transfer to get more playing time.
    i don’t think there will be an equal amount of guys who transfer “up” and guys who transfer “down”, but the opportunity to snag a power conference’s 10th, 11th, 12th best guy will be in play as well

Sophomore G Duoth Gach was named the 2020 Mon-Dak Conference Player of the Year. He's the 6th player to win POY honors in eight seasons under Stu Engen.

Soph. G Mohamed Kone and Fr. G Khari Broadway were also named to the All-Mon-Dak Conference Team.

https://t.co/6hp8DEReMO https://t.co/hdLS6ZDTS5
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Grant Nelson had 41 points and 21 rebounds in their first round EDC 72-64 win over West Fargo. Kid is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Grant Nelson had 41 points and 21 rebounds in their first round EDC 72-64 win over West Fargo. Kid is the real deal.
    Nice. Just watched a YouTube vid. He seems pretty agile/skilled.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Definitely excited about his game

We could have 2 6’8” wings that could exciting
    TRUST THE PROCESS

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    We could have 2 6’8” wings that could exciting
    MHH, Noah and Grant at 6'7", 6'9" and 6'8" running the 3 and 4 spots in the years to come is going to be fun. If we could get a true big at the 5 spot at 6'9" or better to run with those guys. We also really need a PG in the next recruiting class but the talent we are bringing in is definitely solid.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    MHH, Noah and Grant at 6'7", 6'9" and 6'8" running the 3 and 4 spots in the years to come is going to be fun. If we could get a true big at the 5 spot at 6'9" or better to run with those guys. We also really need a PG in the next recruiting class but the talent we are bringing in is definitely solid.
    What? Are these 3 incapable of posting up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt