Page 85 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

[QUOTE=steelbison;1343401]???? Really? I sure did t see that. I think he and Hedberg will struggle at the div 2 level. The player that has potential is the 67 kid from Jamestown. But too short to play the post at the div 1 level

Wolters from Jamestown would play a four at the next level. I don't believe he is any different in height than Deng. He has a nice outside shot and can handle the ball a little bit so yes he will be a good four in college. He will be a great player at Jamestown if he puts in the effort.

Bohl will continue to improve. He has a great outside shot and will actually see more floor space in college as he will play a two. To me he is at least as athletic as Samuelson and similar height. So not quite sure how you can say he will struggle at D2. Plus if he puts in serious effort like he did this summer he has potential to be a really good D2 player.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    ???? Really? I sure did t see that. I think he and Hedberg will struggle at the div 2 level. The player that has potential is the 67 kid from Jamestown. But too short to play the post at the div 1 level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6'7" is not too short to play post in the summit league or mid major D1. Dexter was like 6'5", Bjorklund was like 6"8". Just two examples in recent memory. I will take 6'7" that has a will to rebound, play defense, and can make high percetage shots around the rim over a guy that is 6'11" and has length but cant do anything with it. Size is over rated to a certain extent, an inch or two doesnt make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    My thoughts were if we take a guy like Meidinger, then why not take a flyer on him. More skill, more physical, more refined, and local (not that that matters any). We seem to do fine with skilled undersized posts. Werner 6'5", Bjorkland 6'8" and Kading 6'8".
    Klein kid is a family friend. His mother graduated UND, I think his father was Jamestown. I know some family members are pushing him to attend UND in either BB or FB. I do not know what his plans are but I am hoping UND. We will most likely know next Nov./Dec. time frame.

Khy is transferring from Pacific. 5th year grad transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Hope he lands in a good situation for his final year. Such a strange college career for Khy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    What a waste of potential. Good luck to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS 92 View Post
    Klein kid is a family friend. His mother graduated UND, I think his father was Jamestown. I know some family members are pushing him to attend UND in either BB or FB. I do not know what his plans are but I am hoping UND. We will most likely know next Nov./Dec. time frame.
    Kid should play football. Not a basketball player at all. No skill whatsoever.

6’ 7” Elijah Klein named 2nd Team ND All-State as a junior,
    19.8 ppg - 12.1 rpg. Had over 1000 yards receiving last fall in football, sounds like a guy with choices in college. Will be interesting to see if he goes to football camps this summer, or AAU basketball, or both. Especially if he camps in Fargo.
    A 3-day camp would be a good way to get your football legs back......

2020 NDSU commit Boden Skunberg named 1st Team ND All-State.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...st-team-honors

Jamestown rolled to a seventh state championship earlier this month behind the stellar combo of Walters and Skunberg. Both surpassed the school’s previous single-season scoring record of 554 points, with Skunberg setting the new mark at 637 to Walters’ 571.

Skunberg, a 6-foot-5 guard who averaged 23.6 points, 7.9 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.3 steals per game, was asked to supply the Blue Jays with scoring.

Skunberg has tallied 1,277 career points — 68 behind the JHS record — with a season left to play. He also set the Blue Jays' single-game scoring record this season at 49 points.

“Boden let the game come to him a lot more this year, and he’s still getting better,” Lloyd said.

He "looks" like a football player. But could go to Mary for hoops I assume.

Hmmm, what does Dom know???

Dom Izzo
    @DomIzzoWDAY
    ·
    2h
    The entire roster returns next season. The Bison add Noah Christensen from Breckenridge as well. Perhaps another addition as well next month. We'll see.