Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1335

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    If they are so good why are they juco? Not enough "stars"? Or maybe they don't have it academically or other intangibles?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    This guy is not D1 talent, the athleticism and size are not there. He's obviously the best player on the floor in that game but he wouldn't get his shot off against D1 level athletes and he gets nowhere near the rim when elevating, very little vertical to speak of. Congrats to him on that game, huge game but there are basketball reasons for going JuCo.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This guy is not D1 talent, the athleticism and size are not there. He's obviously the best player on the floor in that game but he wouldn't get his shot off against D1 level athletes and he gets nowhere near the rim when elevating, very little vertical to speak of. Congrats to him on that game, huge game but there are basketball reasons for going JuCo.
    https://www.ndnsports.com/jarell-jac...-8-basketball/

i though i seen some where he was listed at 6-4....regardless hed be able to get his shot off from anywhere past half-court trust me i know my cass lake bena panthers!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    https://www.ndnsports.com/jarell-jac...-8-basketball/

i though i seen some where he was listed at 6-4....regardless hed be able to get his shot off from anywhere past half-court trust me i know my cass lake bena panthers!
    He's 6'1" and from what I saw in the video he wouldn't get his shot off against Jared Samuelson

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    He's 6'1" and from what I saw in the video he wouldn't get his shot off against Jared Samuelson
    Harry Potter has zero chance of scoring 54 if he played against oak Grove 2moro give me a break let alone 22 boards....4 the record I've never seen the kid play but I will in the next few weeks they've had a lott of good players thru the years but I've never seen any put up a game like that stat wise not even close

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Harry Potter has zero chance of scoring 54 if he played against oak Grove 2moro give me a break let alone 22 boards....4 the record I've never seen the kid play but I will in the next few weeks they've had a lott of good players thru the years but I've never seen any put up a game like that stat wise not even close
    I didn't say Samuelson would put up the stats, I simply said there's no way in hell this guy scores remotely close to 54 with Samuelson guarding him

Not trying to call out anyone with this post, as I have seen multiple posters make the comment but when did it all a sudden become cool to make fun or belittle student athletes at NDSU. Who knows, maybe its just me...

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No, it's not just you, the same posters were making fun of some of the men's bb players last year.

Jamestown is out at St Marys tonight. game starts in 25-30 minutes. On Bek Tv.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Went to watch Skunberg. Was sloppy with the ball and had some turnovers 1st half, but took over 2nd half. SM had no answer for him. Hit some shots from 3 and midrange as well. Also had some nice dumpoffs to guys cutting to the basket when defense was focused on him. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the speed at next level. Im glad we have him. His game resembles Taylor Braun. JTown was up by 11 with 1:30 left when I left.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Went to watch Skunberg. Was sloppy with the ball and had some turnovers 1st half, but took over 2nd half. SM had no answer for him. Hit some shots from 3 and midrange as well. Also had some nice dumpoffs to guys cutting to the basket when defense was focused on him. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the speed at next level. Im glad we have him. His game resembles Taylor Braun. JTown was up by 11 with 1:30 left when I left.
    He doe get sloppy because he is forcing the action at times early in the game. Needs to get that under control. Defenses key on him and make the other 4 beat them. Kid can get his shot off in all sorts of traffic. My biggest thing with him is mentally just needs to relax and let the game come to him early instead of forcing it. R-E-L-A-X to quote Rodgers
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.