Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1335

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't think I'll lose any sleep over internet comments

But, I welcome everyone who disagreed with my comment to please give me facts about all the rural kids that have had a huge impact on the basketball team in the last 11 years.
    I suspect I'll hear crickets.
    How about the FB team. Who cares where their from!
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    How about the FB team. Who cares where their from!
    This is a basketball conversation...no one is talking about rural kids in regards to football.

The Summit is 25th/26th/27th out of 32 conferences in the NCAA depending on where you look and what rankings you choose to believe are legit And that is pretty consistent year over year. Either way, the Summit sucks...come back into reality bud. It's not such a bad place to live.

I'm not sure how your "NET" rankings are helping your cause...there are only 350ish schools in D1, so being ranked in the 160-170 range isn't really something to be excited about.....
    If you want, I can tell you about all the schools ranked higher than that. Grand Canyon University, Eastern Washington, Cleveland St, Old Dominion, Satin Peters, Alabama AM, Ball State, Little Rock (I guess thats a college?) East Carolina, Lafayette, Vermont...the list goes on.

Oh, also Duke is ranked 92nd on that "NET" rankings thing. But yea, you right, they would probably lose to most teams ahead of them, such as UC Riverside, Marshall, Abilene Christian, Liberty, Wofford, Kent St, Providence....should I keep going?
    I don't care what your "rankings' say, because I use logic. And logic would tell you that the Summit is a shit league in the grand scheme of things.
    Nice try - moving your target.
    My “cause” is Your own words:

The Summit is so garbage it's almost impossible to not win it, unless your a dumpster fire, which 90% of the teams are. I mean, it's only been 2 freaking teams in the last 9 years that have won the title...think about that.
    Again, 90% - nice math skills - SDSU, USD, NDSU, ORU - are not dumpster fires

NET rankings

SDSU - 94
    ORU - 164
    NDSU - 167
    USD - 172

These NET rankings that seem to be puzzling you - The NCAA no longer uses the RPI in its NCAA Tournament selection & seeding process, having replaced it with the NET Rating.
    So the NET rankings show 4 teams this year are not “dumpster fires”.

The Summit is 25th/26th/27th out of 32 conferences in the NCAA depending on where you look and what rankings you choose to believe are legit And that is pretty consistent year over year. Either way, the Summit sucks...come back into reality bud. It's not such a bad place to live.
    Regarding the Summit, yes it is down in the conference rankings from where it has averaged. And apparently, yes, my reality is seen differently than yours......
    Last 10 years of RPI
    2020 - 22
    2019 - 27
    2018 - 19
    2017 - 19
    2016 - 12
    2015 - 21
    2014 - 18
    2013 - 19
    2012 - 16
    2011 - 21

I never said recruiting kids from ND or MN doesn't produce players who are great...I said "rural" players from ND and MN.
    You sure like to leave out the facts in order to manipulate stuff...you could def work in politics.
    That one word makes a HUGE difference in my comments

But, feel free to give me a list of all the rural kids we have recruited in the last decade that didn't ride the bench their whole career, and who were even average at best.
    I'll wait
    No, you fucking moron. That's not how logic works. I just explained it to you, and you're either too stupid to get it or you're too stubborn to admit defeat. Let me try another approach:

-Boy good at play ball
    -Boy live at place
    -Place be farm or city
    -Place be near or far
    -Team want boy

Does that help, or do I have to dumb it down for you further, you dumbass fucking moron?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

NDSU Basketball
    @NDSUmbb
    ·
    1m
    Bison Basketball Adds Joshua Streit for 2021-22
    NDSU men's basketball huddle
    Bison Basketball Adds Joshua Streit for 2021-22 - NDSU
    Streit is a 6-foot-8, 215-pound forward from Watkins, Minn., and Eden Valley-Watkins HS. He averaged 19 points, 14 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 2.6 blocks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I thought basketball signing period was in April.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    No, you fucking moron. That's not how logic works. I just explained it to you, and you're either too stupid to get it or you're too stubborn to admit defeat. Let me try another approach:

-Boy good at play ball
    -Boy live at place
    -Place be farm or city
    -Place be near or far
    -Team want boy

Does that help, or do I have to dumb it down for you further, you dumbass fucking moron?
    Yes, you could give me the list of rural kids from ND/MN that were impact players for us in the last decade, like I asked for, rather than not answering the question and calling me a fucking moron.
    Or, is that not something you can provide me?

Thanks

Yes, you could give me the list of rural kids from ND/MN that were impact players for us in the last decade, like I asked for, rather than not answering the question and calling me a fucking moron.
    Or, is that not something you can provide me?

Thanks
    I can’t, but that’s not the point.

Simple question: Can Rural areas ND or MN produce good basketball talent?

If you answer “No,” you’re wrong. If you answer “Yes,” the the follow-up question is: Should the Bison try to recruit that talent?

I say yes, because I trust actual D1 coaches to recruit basketball talent over some idiot on the internet thinking that they know better.

There, I did it all without calling you a fucking moron this time (but it wasn’t nearly as fun).
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I can’t, but that’s not the point.

Simple question: Can Rural areas ND or MN produce good basketball talent?

If you answer “No,” you’re wrong. If you answer “Yes,” the the follow-up question is: Should the Bison try to recruit that talent?

I say yes, because I trust actual D1 coaches to recruit basketball talent over some idiot on the internet thinking that they know better.

There, I did it all without calling you a fucking moron this time (but it wasn’t nearly as fun).
    Can the rural areas produce basketball talent? Depends on what schools you are talking about as far as "talent"
    DII? D3?

The random once a decade D1? Then yes, you are correct. They produce "talent"

Let's be specific...and even D1 is questionable now days since your average Houston Baptist "Huskies" are D1. Or Jacksonville "Dolphins"
    D1 in name is not D1 in talent.

Again, you can't produce a list of rural kids form ND/MN that were impact players in the last decade. So your entire point of calling me a fucking moron is baseless. I said i'll give you Marshall Bjorklund...you got one guy.
    Are the consistent top 25 teams hunting rural MN/ND for new studs?

I rest my case.

We've given plenty of ND/MN kids a chance (not all rural, even)
    Most of them do not pan out as above average players in D1 the last 10 years. The ones that have are typically bigger city kids. (Minneapolis or suburbs)

We've given plenty of ND/MN kids a chance (not all rural, even)
    Most of them do not pan out as above average players in D1 the last 10 years. The ones that have are typically bigger city kids. (Minneapolis or suburbs)
    Between Freddy Coleman and Rocky Krueser who were our recruits from the Twin Cities area???