Page 29 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Not that the Bison are looking here, but NDSCS is having a powerhouse season at 31-1,
    play tonight in Wahpeton in the District 11 championship game against Indian Hills (IA).

http://www.inforum.com/sports/423056...ng-science-men

Kolpack covered them today, the one big doing well, 6' 8" Jake Johnson (13 ppg) signed with MSU Moorhead.
    An experienced 4 or 5 would be my best guess on what the Bison would look for, but NDSCS also has:

James Bateman III - 6' 1" - 20.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg
    Gach Gach - 6' 5" - 16 ppg
    Melvin Newbern JR - 6' 4" - 11.3ppg (his Dad played for the Gophers)

Earlier this season a player mentioned NDSU had looked at was a freshman at Williston College,
    Jamil Jackson, a 6' 6" wing from Minneapolis North HS.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Not that the Bison are looking here, but NDSCS is having a powerhouse season at 31-1,
    play tonight in Wahpeton in the District 11 championship game against Indian Hills (IA).

http://www.inforum.com/sports/423056...ng-science-men

Kolpack covered them today, the one big doing well, 6' 8" Jake Johnson (13 ppg) signed with MSU Moorhead.
    An experienced 4 or 5 would be my best guess on what the Bison would look for, but NDSCS also has:

James Bateman III - 6' 1" - 20.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg
    Gach Gach - 6' 5" - 16 ppg
    Melvin Newbern JR - 6' 4" - 11.3ppg (his Dad played for the Gophers)

Slick Vic & I WILL BE THERE!! (maybe izzy if we can get him away from the dirty O )
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Honestly unless it's a superstar JC player like Andre Smith I typically prefer we avoid the JC route. Especially with the success we've had during the late recruiting period. If there's one benefit to not making the dance it's that our coaching staff gets a couple weeks extra to hit the recruiting trail before the late signing period starts. Hoping we can find another gem. Just my 2 cents I guess. I know Omaha, IPFW and USD all hit on some guys so I get the allure of it but I still like a guy spending 4-5 years in the same program.

Quote Originally Posted by riedestt View Post
    Are we showing any interest in the 7 footer for LPA?
    Almost no way we're showing interest. Doubt he's a DI player and NDSU already has a 6'9" and 6'11" kid coming in. No room for another project big in this class. I'd love to be wrong since Jesse is from my hometown!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Honestly unless it's a superstar JC player like Andre Smith I typically prefer we avoid the JC route. Especially with the success we've had during the late recruiting period. If there's one benefit to not making the dance it's that our coaching staff gets a couple weeks extra to hit the recruiting trail before the late signing period starts. Hoping we can find another gem. Just my 2 cents I guess. I know Omaha, IPFW and USD all hit on some guys so I get the allure of it but I still like a guy spending 4-5 years in the same program.
    I disagree, sometimes you need a JUCO To fill some gaps and I think you could argue this is one of those times. I agree that I don't want to build a program on transfers but in moderation they can be a good thing.

We might not ever get another JUCO like Andre, I'm still not sure how he ended up here in the first place. Guy was a legit high major talent and could have helped a lot of teams. Usually guys like that don't fall through the cracks.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Wesenberg did not see the floor at all and it doesn't look like he will in the future here. If he did decide to transfer and open up a scholarship a JUCO could be a very good option to bridge the next few years. I really don't know what we have with Dylan Miller and Spencer the next few years. We have to try to contain Daum for 2 more years so if we even get a defensive big that is a so so to mediocre scorer it would seem to fit into our needs.

Me and slick Vic were at NDSCS tonight. Dave Richman was there too!!! They lost on last second shot. We saw 2 complete studs for NDSCS and Indian hills IOWA h as 2 legit d1 . Players I think Dave will recruit 2 of the,m. We need. Them

Richman was at NDSCS sat night. (Slick me too). He was watching 2-3 NDSCS kids. The 6 8 kid to maim To mum I

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watched the Dickinson state A game last night and I gotta say I'm pretty excited about us landing Jordan. Definitely will need to get a little stronger (and learn to shoot free throws as his 0-fer performance left a lot to be desired) but he did a pretty good job of gaining position, had nice touch around the rim, got up and down the floor very well for a kid that size and definitely has the shot blocking ability we need. Even got to see him throw one down while getting fouled, once our S&C program gets a hold of him and can make him a little more explosive this kid is going to be fun to watch. With Dylan & Deng already looking like solid shot blockers I think we have ourselves a little block party coming in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Watched the Dickinson state A game last night and I gotta say I'm pretty excited about us landing Jordan. Definitely will need to get a little stronger (and learn to shoot free throws as his 0-fer performance left a lot to be desired) but he did a pretty good job of gaining position, had nice touch around the rim, got up and down the floor very well for a kid that size and definitely has the shot blocking ability we need. Even got to see him throw one down while getting fouled, once our S&C program gets a hold of him and can make him a little more explosive this kid is going to be fun to watch. With Dylan & Deng already looking like solid shot blockers I think we have ourselves a little block party coming in the next few years.

7 points 12 reb 6 blocks. you're 7 foot in North Dakota High School, should be getting 20 & 20 consistently . disappointed.