Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Speaking of 2020 kids. I thought in the small sample size I got of Elijah Klein last night out of Mandan, he is someone we could look at. 6'7" and athletic, I think I was most surprised with his frame, can definitely tell he is in the weight room. Averages 20 pts a game. I definitely think he is farther ahead then Meidinger as a junior by a large gap.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Speaking of 2020 kids. I thought in the small sample size I got of Elijah Klein last night out of Mandan, he is someone we could look at. 6'7" and athletic, I think I was most surprised with his frame, can definitely tell he is in the weight room. Averages 20 pts a game. I definitely think he is farther ahead then Meidinger as a junior by a large gap.
    Was surprised that he's only a Jr. Does he have any outside game/jump shot? He may not be as effective vs guys same size as him.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Was surprised that he's only a Jr. Does he have any outside game/jump shot? He may not be as effective vs guys same size as him.
    My thoughts were if we take a guy like Meidinger, then why not take a flyer on him. More skill, more physical, more refined, and local (not that that matters any). We seem to do fine with skilled undersized posts. Werner 6'5", Bjorkland 6'8" and Kading 6'8".

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Klein is a very good athlete. All conference wide receiver in football. I could see him going that route in college as a TE. As for hoops, he doesn't have a perimeter game which I thought he would develope this year after having a great sophomore year. Kids an athlete though, could play for us IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Klein is a very good athlete. All conference wide receiver in football. I could see him going that route in college as a TE. As for hoops, he doesn't have a perimeter game which I thought he would develope this year after having a great sophomore year. Kids an athlete though, could play for us IMO.
    Mandan Activities
    @mandansports
    ·
    Oct 19
    Congrats to
    @MandanFootball
    Elijah Klein on becoming the first player to gain 1,000 receiving yards during the regular season in football history. Finished with 1,074 yards on 41 catches and 10 TDs. What a season by Klein!
    Reads that Klein has an early basketball offer from Mary University

Skunberg has a smooth game. Making some shots, but forcing it at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Skunberg has a smooth game. Making some shots, but forcing it at times.
    Had really nice first half...struggled shooting in the second but the kids game is really smooth. He is ultra competitive (sometimes too much) and can really defend. Hes gonna be a monster next season.

Quote Originally Posted by met1990 View Post
    He looks like a great player, but what does "ultra competitive (sometimes too much)" mean?
    Should have worded that differently. What I was getting at is he plays with a lot of emotion and is very confident.

Have watched Skunberg play the last two weekends in person.
    His offensive game is very smooth. His favorite shots are one or two dribble jumper around the 10 to 18 foot range at the elbows. He isn't going to force his way to the basket, he can get his jumper off against most players, he is determined shooter, when he attacks on the bounce he is more than likely going to shoot it than pass. He is definitely shoot first type. He will shoot pulls instead of getting all the way to basket. I would say he is a decent defensive player when engaged. I think the level of engagement/effort comes and goes from time to time on the defensive end.

It will be interesting to see if Davies has Klabo guard him tomorrow or the 6'8 kid who moves pretty well and possibly TY Sattler.

That being said he couldn't the broad side of the barn in the second half tonite - good thing Mason Walters (6'6" teammate) made every big play in the 2nd half for Jamestown. He has had a very impressive tournament so far, I am surprised he is just going to Jamestown. I think Jamestown takes down Davies tomorrow as long as Walters stays on the court without foul trouble.
    Skunberg was 8/22 last night and 5/16 tonite - lots of 15 foot contested jumpers.

I don't think Klein is in any way a D1 basketball player. He seems like a really god athlete who is just bigger and stronger and more athletic against his piers. He doesn't seem to have a lot of basketball skills at all.