Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 990

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

  1. #821
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tolna
    Posts
    577
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Speaking of 2020 kids. I thought in the small sample size I got of Elijah Klein last night out of Mandan, he is someone we could look at. 6'7" and athletic, I think I was most surprised with his frame, can definitely tell he is in the weight room. Averages 20 pts a game. I definitely think he is farther ahead then Meidinger as a junior by a large gap.

  2. #822
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    22,093
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Speaking of 2020 kids. I thought in the small sample size I got of Elijah Klein last night out of Mandan, he is someone we could look at. 6'7" and athletic, I think I was most surprised with his frame, can definitely tell he is in the weight room. Averages 20 pts a game. I definitely think he is farther ahead then Meidinger as a junior by a large gap.
    Was surprised that he's only a Jr. Does he have any outside game/jump shot? He may not be as effective vs guys same size as him.
    Can no longer get Geu in.

  3. #823
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tolna
    Posts
    577
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Was surprised that he's only a Jr. Does he have any outside game/jump shot? He may not be as effective vs guys same size as him.
    My thoughts were if we take a guy like Meidinger, then why not take a flyer on him. More skill, more physical, more refined, and local (not that that matters any). We seem to do fine with skilled undersized posts. Werner 6'5", Bjorkland 6'8" and Kading 6'8".

  4. #824
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Prairiewest Golf Course
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Speaking of 2020 kids. I thought in the small sample size I got of Elijah Klein last night out of Mandan, he is someone we could look at. 6'7" and athletic, I think I was most surprised with his frame, can definitely tell he is in the weight room. Averages 20 pts a game. I definitely think he is farther ahead then Meidinger as a junior by a large gap.
    Klein is a very good athlete. All conference wide receiver in football. I could see him going that route in college as a TE. As for hoops, he doesn't have a perimeter game which I thought he would develope this year after having a great sophomore year. Kids an athlete though, could play for us IMO.

  5. #825
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,795

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Klein is a very good athlete. All conference wide receiver in football. I could see him going that route in college as a TE. As for hoops, he doesn't have a perimeter game which I thought he would develope this year after having a great sophomore year. Kids an athlete though, could play for us IMO.
    Mandan Activities
    @mandansports

    Oct 19
    Congrats to
    @MandanFootball
    Elijah Klein on becoming the first player to gain 1,000 receiving yards during the regular season in football history. Finished with 1,074 yards on 41 catches and 10 TDs. What a season by Klein!
    Reads that Klein has an early basketball offer from Mary University

  6. #826
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    22,093
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Skunberg has a smooth game. Making some shots, but forcing it at times.
    Can no longer get Geu in.

  7. #827
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,140
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Skunberg has a smooth game. Making some shots, but forcing it at times.
    Had really nice first half...struggled shooting in the second but the kids game is really smooth. He is ultra competitive (sometimes too much) and can really defend. Hes gonna be a monster next season.

  8. #828
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Had really nice first half...struggled shooting in the second but the kids game is really smooth. He is ultra competitive (sometimes too much) and can really defend. Hes gonna be a monster next season.
    He looks like a great player, but what does "ultra competitive (sometimes too much)" mean?

  9. #829
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,140
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Quote Originally Posted by met1990 View Post
    He looks like a great player, but what does "ultra competitive (sometimes too much)" mean?
    Should have worded that differently. What I was getting at is he plays with a lot of emotion and is very confident.

  10. #830
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bismarck ND
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

    Have watched Skunberg play the last two weekends in person.
    His offensive game is very smooth. His favorite shots are one or two dribble jumper around the 10 to 18 foot range at the elbows. He isn't going to force his way to the basket, he can get his jumper off against most players, he is determined shooter, when he attacks on the bounce he is more than likely going to shoot it than pass. He is definitely shoot first type. He will shoot pulls instead of getting all the way to basket. I would say he is a decent defensive player when engaged. I think the level of engagement/effort comes and goes from time to time on the defensive end.

    It will be interesting to see if Davies has Klabo guard him tomorrow or the 6'8 kid who moves pretty well and possibly TY Sattler.

    That being said he couldn't the broad side of the barn in the second half tonite - good thing Mason Walters (6'6" teammate) made every big play in the 2nd half for Jamestown. He has had a very impressive tournament so far, I am surprised he is just going to Jamestown. I think Jamestown takes down Davies tomorrow as long as Walters stays on the court without foul trouble.
    Skunberg was 8/22 last night and 5/16 tonite - lots of 15 foot contested jumpers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •