Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,074 of 1074

Thread: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Blog Entries

Default Re: Recruiting: Class of 2017 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Went to watch Skunberg. Was sloppy with the ball and had some turnovers 1st half, but took over 2nd half. SM had no answer for him. Hit some shots from 3 and midrange as well. Also had some nice dumpoffs to guys cutting to the basket when defense was focused on him. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the speed at next level. Im glad we have him. His game resembles Taylor Braun. JTown was up by 11 with 1:30 left when I left.
    He doe get sloppy because he is forcing the action at times early in the game. Needs to get that under control. Defenses key on him and make the other 4 beat them. Kid can get his shot off in all sorts of traffic. My biggest thing with him is mentally just needs to relax and let the game come to him early instead of forcing it. R-E-L-A-X to quote Rodgers
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    He doe get sloppy because he is forcing the action at times early in the game. Needs to get that under control. Defenses key on him and make the other 4 beat them. Kid can get his shot off in all sorts of traffic. My biggest thing with him is mentally just needs to relax and let the game come to him early instead of forcing it. R-E-L-A-X to quote Rodgers
    The nice part about getting to the college level is that your supporting cast is much stronger so you don't have to force the action as much as just play your game within the offense. The only downside to it is if it causes a player to lose that aggressive mindset, we saw it happen to AJ when he was here. Scoring machine in high school, got to NDSU and seemed comfortable relying on his teammates and not being aggressive. When players find that blend of being aggressive without forcing it that's when they shine, hopefully that's where he'll end up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The nice part about getting to the college level is that your supporting cast is much stronger so you don't have to force the action as much as just play your game within the offense. The only downside to it is if it causes a player to lose that aggressive mindset, we saw it happen to AJ when he was here. Scoring machine in high school, got to NDSU and seemed comfortable relying on his teammates and not being aggressive. When players find that blend of being aggressive without forcing it that's when they shine, hopefully that's where he'll end up.
    Yes, it is a balancing act of being aggressive and comfortable. Glad we have him coming to NDSU as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It also made me forget how whistle happy HS refs are