Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MVFC ESPN3 agreement

Default Re: MVFC ESPN3 agreement

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Bumping an older (but not the oldest) thread...

DirecTV now offers ESPN3 on their set-top boxes.
    How does it work? Does it connect to the web or do they just show all the games on the regular channel guide? Do you need the sports pack to get it?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How does it work? Does it connect to the web or do they just show all the games on the regular channel guide? Do you need the sports pack to get it?
    Im guessing it will be in addition to the already Live channels they have, but those are limited games, probably going to need WIFI which will allow full access via Dtv, this is pure speculation
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Im guessing it will be in addition to the already Live channels they have, but those are limited games, probably going to need WIFI which will allow full access via Dtv, this is pure speculation
    And, if those not big into streaming have not read my advice on other threads about the pitfalls of relying on wifi to stream, you should strongly consider hard wiring a connection. (Again, it might work, but you better test is extensively for performance before that first game you want to watch.)

That's good news. I sure wish Comcast would do this, or at least offer the other ESPN channels (can't remember what they're called) that DirecTv has been using to offer many alternative games.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    That's good news. I sure wish Comcast would do this, or at least offer the other ESPN channels (can't remember what they're called) that DirecTv has been using to offer many alternative games.
    ESPN Xtra

I watched 90% of the Valley/Summit games on them, HD right in the 700's on Dtv. Thats why im guessing the full ESPN3 access will allow the entire service right from the cable box for Dtv customers instead of having to stream thru another device

This is pretty big news. Basically every game is available on DirecTV nationally through a more traditional way of watching TV. Great national exposure for the Missouri Valley and Summit. It's kind of like getting a national TV contract without the money

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Apparently the option will come up while watching ESPN...Then you hit the red button on the remote which gives you a new menu. I just found out about it from my buddy who works for DTV, so I'm going to give this a try tonight.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Apparently the option will come up while watching ESPN...Then you hit the red button on the remote which gives you a new menu. I just found out about it from my buddy who works for DTV, so I'm going to give this a try tonight.
    The red button has always popped up but of course the content hasn't always been available unless you subscribe to espn extra or the sports pack but if those games are now included it will always be available which is super awesome. Hopefully Dish follows suit... more viewers is better obviously

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am moving out of state and I just want a way to watch Bison football/basketball games and maybe a couple other things on TV. I would rather not deal with DirecTV in an apartment, so I am thinking of Sling as it has ESPN3. Has anyone used this, and are all the football games on ESPN3? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I am moving out of state and I just want a way to watch Bison football/basketball games and maybe a couple other things on TV. I would rather not deal with DirecTV in an apartment, so I am thinking of Sling as it has ESPN3. Has anyone used this, and are all the football games on ESPN3? Thanks!
    i watched every away game I didnt attend on ESPN3