Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulled redshirts from the 2015 Class

Default Re: Pulled redshirts from the 2015 Class

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I was really happy for Cam with his performance in Frisco! I watched a bit of the JSU game last night because I was bored, and it was great to see Coach K going on to the field to congratulate Cam after the last field goal. Redemption on Cam's part, and trust on Coach's part.
    Cam's kicks were huge in that game too. Our first drive was great but we bogged down in the redzone. Can you imagine the pressure he must have felt to put points on the board? If he misses that first one it changes the whole complexion of the game.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Yea that kick was huge for his confidence. Luckily the defense was playing lights out throughout the playoffs. The kicking could have easily cost is a game in the playoffs.

Cam was very good for us his true freshman year. He was 12 of 21 for an "average" percent made of 58%. He was put in some tough spots. Of his 9 misses...3 were "should be easy" makes for a college kicker. 26, 34 and 36 yards. This assumes the snap, hold and weather was decent for those 3 kicks. The other misses (43, 43, 44, 45, 48, 52) are easier to understand. I'd say we've been spoiled on so many fronts. Keller was money and Cam will be there too. Folks forget that Keller had 2 years to get stronger and be in the atmosphere before kicking with the lights on. Cam showed up and had to kick with the lights on without the benefit of Kramer's strength program. I'd imagine Cam got tired a little during the year and was just working through it.

If Cam makes 3 kicks more this past season...he matches Adam Keller's make percentage in 2012 and 2013. Another way to put it...if Cam made those chip shots and the two from 43...his make percentage would've been just behind Adam Keller's senior season.

So the kid did awesome and we're lucky to have him for 3 more years.

I was just so happy to see Cam have a good day at the National Championship game. It had to be a great confidence builder for him. I'm looking forward to seeing him build on that in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I was just so happy to see Cam have a good day at the National Championship game. It had to be a great confidence builder for him. I'm looking forward to seeing him build on that in 2016.
    Agree. Anyone know what kind of coaching help is available to him? Not sure if any of our coaches have experience with kickers? Are there kicking camps available? Seems like the kid has a good leg just needs to lock down the technique.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Agree. Anyone know what kind of coaching help is available to him? Not sure if any of our coaches have experience with kickers? Are there kicking camps available? Seems like the kid has a good leg just needs to lock down the technique.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there are instructional camps for college players wanting to improve, that have kicking coaches available. Probably paid for with his own dollar though... That might deter some. Probably always have previous kickers to get some insight from to help him improve.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Bruce Anderson, Robbie Grimsley, Cam Pedersen, Dmitri Wililams.
    They all contributed. Next year will even be better.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    They all contributed. Next year will even be better.
    Not convinced they needed to pull Dmitri's. Didn't ever use Khayvon Hawkins and didn't really use Eric Perkins on offense either. A redshirt year lost for 9 carries and two catches hurts.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Wish Deluca would have redshirted, we didn't need to use him on special teams. He was good on special teams but could have had another year of him dominating as a middle lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I was really happy for him. I could tell all the fans were to.