Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pulled redshirts from the 2015 Class

Default Re: Pulled redshirts from the 2015 Class

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Wish Deluca would have redshirted, we didn't need to use him on special teams. He was good on special teams but could have had another year of him dominating as a middle lb.
    Very true; but remember Bohl always put the best players on the field; I'm sure Deluca had some input into the decision to have his redshirt pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Not convinced they needed to pull Dmitri's. Didn't ever use Khayvon Hawkins and didn't really use Eric Perkins on offense either. A redshirt year lost for 9 carries and two catches hurts.
    Any chance they redshirt Dmitri this season and play Bridges since he already burned his ?

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    Any chance they redshirt Dmitri this season and play Bridges since he already burned his ?
    I doubt it. They'll probably use Williams, Engel, Bridges and RJ as their top outside guys next year with Shepherd working the slot (RJ, Dmitri and Bruce Anderson will see slot time, too). It's an interesting idea, though. The Basketball program is doing it with Evan Wesenberg this season.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    Was this intentional?.................

If so...................very clever!

I disagree with redshirting Williams. If we are going to have any chance of defeating the Hawkeyes we will need all of the speed we can muster to wear down their CB's.

Bison will need a very clever game plan to be competitive in that game. I would like to see Williams,Urzendowski,Shepherd,Bridges,and Engel running a continual flow of 9 routes,and deep posts while we burn their LB's with our RB's and slot receivers on wheel routes,screens and seam passes. As much credit as our RB's get, I still think they are underrated as receivers.

If we go in their full of presumption and arrogance thinking we will power run it right down their throats, it will be playing right into their strengths.
    Their pass rush is weak.

We have the talent to pick them apart in the middle of the field. Dunn,Anderson,Frazier,Morlock, Illies, and whoever wins the H-back and blocking TE positions. Some have mentioned Morlock changing positions.

Then, in the 4th quarter after they are worn out....throw at the mighty Desmond King. He isn't fast; and if we can tire him and his buddy out in the first three quarters our WR's should be able to get a step or two if Stick improves his deep ball; and then of course, the power run game when we have the advantage instead of them.

It's good that Lomax graduated but I was disappointed Desmond King didn't declare.

Has anyone heard how khayvon has been looking. Seemed to look good during the spring game but didn't see the field much this year. Hoping he can add some depth to the outside receivers.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I disagree with redshirting Williams. If we are going to have any chance of defeating the Hawkeyes we will need all of the speed we can muster to wear down their CB's.

Bison will need a very clever game plan to be competitive in that game. I would like to see Williams,Urzendowski,Shepherd,Bridges,and Engel running a continual flow of 9 routes,and deep posts while we burn their LB's with our RB's and slot receivers on wheel routes,screens and seam passes. As much credit as our RB's get, I still think they are underrated as receivers.

If we go in their full of presumption and arrogance thinking we will power run it right down their throats, it will be playing right into their strengths.
    Their pass rush is weak.

We have the talent to pick them apart in the middle of the field. Dunn,Anderson,Frazier,Morlock, Illies, and whoever wins the H-back and blocking TE positions. Some have mentioned Morlock changing positions.

Then, in the 4th quarter after they are worn out....throw at the mighty Desmond King. He isn't fast; and if we can tire him and his buddy out in the first three quarters our WR's should be able to get a step or two if Stick improves his deep ball; and then of course, the power run game when we have the advantage instead of them.

It's good that Lomax graduated but I was disappointed Desmond King didn't declare.
    Solid post and shredding them with the short game (RB and slot WR) worked well against a similar style K-state team. Difference is we could run against Kstate and I think we will be very lucky to make 2ypc vs Iowa. Our physicality will mean nothing against Iowa and we will not wear them out with ground and pound. The passing game needs to work or we will go 3 and out all day and never sniff the end zone. My guess is any larger runs will be Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post

Their pass rush is weak.

This a well thought out post from a game-plan perspective but if any long-term program decisions are made on beating/not beating Iowa, people should be very upset. Priority #1 is #6.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

I will leave it to the coaching staff to come up with a game plan to beat Iowa. They usually do a pretty good job.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I will leave it to the coaching staff to come up with a game plan to beat Iowa. They usually do a pretty good job.
    Good thing since you don't have a say anyways. Honestly though, what else are we supposed to discuss all summer...Frisco motel reservations?