Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Depth Chart Preview

Default Re: 2016 Depth Chart Preview

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    New name is Bennett Rindy, RFr. WR from West Fargo.

No longer listed on the roster are Bo Liekhus, Austin Farnlof, Colter Pritchard, and Michael Veldman. Good luck to those gentlemen.

Comparing to last year's roster: Cam Pederson put on 22 pounds, Dimitri Williams 16, Bruce Anderson is up to 210, and DT Blake Williams is up to 283 (highly recruited a couple years ago, but hasn't seen the field much). Stick is even up to 221.

Redshirts: Little Zack Johnson is already at 297, Little Tuszka put on 21 in 6 months (both him and Karcz are high 240's), Jack Darnell is up to 291, and Jaxon Brown is 202 at SS. Jim Kramer strikes again, and they still have spring ball and summer workouts left.
    Absolutely.... Best wishes to these gentlemen for their contribution to the team.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No longer listed on the roster are Bo Liekhus, Austin Farnlof, Colter Pritchard, and Michael Veldman. Good luck to those gentlemen.

Comparing to last year's roster: Cam Pederson put on 22 pounds, Dimitri Williams 16, Bruce Anderson is up to 210, and DT Blake Williams is up to 283 (highly recruited a couple years ago, but hasn't seen the field much). Stick is even up to 221.

Redshirts: Little Zack Johnson is already at 297, Little Tuszka put on 21 in 6 months (both him and Karcz are high 240's), Jack Darnell is up to 291, and Jaxon Brown is 202 at SS. Jim Kramer strikes again, and they still have spring ball and summer workouts left.
    Blake Williams and Stanley Jones both really bulked up well following their injuries. I hope that Williams is able to make an impact this year. It looks like Purifoy is having a tougher time bulking up...not that he needs to be huge, but he is 6'1. I'm really looking forward to watching Darnell and Hubbs play. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up starting next to Tanguay.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I'm really looking forward to watching Darnell and Hubbs play.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

No longer listed on the roster are Bo Liekhus, Austin Farnlof, Colter Pritchard, and Michael Veldman. Good luck to those gentlemen.Comparing to last year's roster: Cam Pederson put on 22 pounds, Dimitri Williams 16, Bruce Anderson is up to 210, and DT Blake Williams is up to 283 (highly recruited a couple years ago, but hasn't seen the field much). Stick is even up to 221.

Feeling both appreciative and a bit sad for all of these players, but especially Liekhus and Farnlof.

I acknowledge that one could very well say this about almost all players who leave the program these days (which is an amazing thing really) but Liekhus, for example, was, I think, a very fine player who just happened to get caught behind some of the greatest players in Bison history, first at safety and then at linebacker.

It's a great time to be a Bison fan and I know that many of us do not and will not forget the contributions of players like these.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Feeling both appreciative and a bit sad for all of these players, but especially Liekhus and Farnlof.

I acknowledge that one could very well say this about almost all players who leave the program these days (which is an amazing thing really) but Liekhus, for example, was, I think, a very fine player who just happened to get caught behind some of the greatest players in Bison history, first at safety and then at linebacker.

It's a great time to be a Bison fan and I know that many of us do not and will not forget the contributions of players like these.
    X 10 (times 10)
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In regards to the LT, I was talking to Coach Riley at the signing party and I mentioned that he'd gotten his next left tackle in Radunz. He said that he thought he already had him in Little Zack.

Little Zach ain't so little anymore.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I never saw Blake in uniform this year, even for home games, so I don't think he has seen the field at all. He has had some injury issues, most associated with his lacrosse ankle injury suffered his senior year. Surprised he is still here.

Also very surprised to see Eric Bachmeier listed as a CB. I thought he was a FS all this time.

Colter Pritchard was out all season after surgery for a hip impingement. Not sure if he gave it up or if there isn't a spot on the roster for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post

We can put a fork in the worst recruiting class in the D1 era. Only 4 players remain. All from ND or Minnesota. (MJ Stumpf , Zak Johnson, Plankers, and Lechler.) What's crazy is that was the first class after the 2011 National Championship. Although some of the players were just behind some mega talent. Although the next few classes are amazing.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com