Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Hedberg

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Randy Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    The hidden message in all the Senior Bowl run up is that NDSU has a superb coaching staff that can develop any willing recruit into a potential NFL prospect as well as any FBS team coaching staff... plus you get more personal attention at NDSU.... surely this is not being missed by FBS potential recruits who are likely down any FBC team depth rostehttp://www.bisonville.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1097637r...
    some of this publicity we are getting just isn't for sale anywhere. you can't go out and buy it

Great thread T.A.B.

Great seeing you guys and swimming with the padawons...lol

Hedberg was/is certainly a great coach and influence for all the QB's. Plus he's a great guy.

Coach has done a phenomenal job.

Very personable guy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Hedberg was a NFL qb for Tampa Bay. He knows what it takes to be a NFL qb.

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    some of this publicity we are getting just isn't for sale anywhere. you can't go out and buy it
    So true. I'm always glad when coaches like Hedberg and Kramer get a portion of their due. I'm sure the impact these coaches, and the others in our program that are behind the scene, have on the team, will carry over and be valuable wherever they end up.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wtffootballfan View Post
    Hedberg was a NFL qb for Tampa Bay. He knows what it takes to be a NFL qb.
    Kind of. Making the NFL is a huge accomplishment. And I'm not trying to be a downer here, but he does hold the dubious distinction of having the worst passer rating in NFL history.

It's great to see how he stuck with the game he loves and is ending up with some well-earned success and recognition again as he nears retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Kind of. Making the NFL is a huge accomplishment. And I'm not trying to be a downer here, but he does hold the dubious distinction of having the worst passer rating in NFL history.

It's great to see how he stuck with the game he loves and is ending up with some well-earned success and recognition again as he nears retirement.
    I am not saying he didn't earn it, but he was an 8th round draft pick out of Minot State named the opening day starter for the worst team in the NFL in their second season. Probably the worst team in NFL history. He probably should have been on a different development track. I imagine the lessons learned in that season were pretty spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I am not saying he didn't earn it, but he was an 8th round draft pick out of Minot State named the opening day starter for the worst team in the NFL in their second season. Probably the worst team in NFL history. He probably should have been on a different development track. I imagine the lessons learned in that season were pretty spectacular.
    One of McKay's Tampa teams was so bad that when a reporter asked him about their execution he said that he was in favor of it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Hedberg also deserves a lot of credit for maintaining NDSU's monopoly of instate recruits. Based on his reputation with North Dakota high school coaches, I was worried Bubba could make a few inroads. That obviously hasn't happened.