Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Hedberg

Default Re: Randy Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The talent that should be in the room makes it more of a head scratcher why it seems the play calling has been so protective of Zeb.
    Yea. Not buying it

He hasn't been on any media in last 3 weeks. No questions asked?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    El Chapo - Wow! Whata Kneejerk Reactionary Mudslinger!
    Wash, Rinse, Repeat...

My theory is Chapo is a Long Term Grand Forks plant sent here to sow division amongst the fans of the most successful FCS program in history......

Look what has happened since he was allowed back on BisonVille -
    #1 NDSU lost a football game ending its winning streak at 39......
    Fighting Hawks win a game against the #3 Jacks......

Coincidence......I think not!!!
    The Manchurian Candidate

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Semi related so dropping this here. My alma mater HS of Parshall has cancelled football for this year, I can't imagine it'll make a recovery (as Parshall being the main town anyway as we've been coop for 30+ years) in today's environment. Ever since they lost the Plaza-North Shore coop to Berthold hear that they've struggled to field enough kids to make a team. That field turf named after Randy sitting idle after one year of use. May be able to restart as 6man?? Or coop with New Town, although that was attempted here in emergency request not sure what happened there.

Somewhat saddens me as Parshall did have a pretty good history in football considering it was predominantly a small school after the boom of the 60s missile silo construction. They only marginally gained a bit with the oil boom.

Friday nights were exciting in Parshall while I was growing up to see that completely disappear in a generation just shows where this game is going...

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2021/08/23/pa...ason-canceled/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Lots of rural areas are losing young people altogether, not just for playing football. My dad graduated from Oriska in 1954 and never even saw a football game until he was in the Army down in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Semi related so dropping this here. My alma mater HS of Parshall has cancelled football for this year, I can't imagine it'll make a recovery (as Parshall being the main town anyway as we've been coop for 30+ years) in today's environment. Ever since they lost the Plaza-North Shore coop to Berthold hear that they've struggled to field enough kids to make a team. That field turf named after Randy sitting idle after one year of use. May be able to restart as 6man?? Or coop with New Town, although that was attempted here in emergency request not sure what happened there.

Somewhat saddens me as Parshall did have a pretty good history in football considering it was predominantly a small school after the boom of the 60s missile silo construction. They only marginally gained a bit with the oil boom.

Friday nights were exciting in Parshall while I was growing up to see that completely disappear in a generation just shows where this game is going...

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Lots of rural areas are losing young people altogether, not just for playing football. My dad graduated from Oriska in 1954 and never even saw a football game until he was in the Army down in Texas.
    Was Helmer's Bar open back then? He might have seen some things in there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    A big problem is the parents. Yep, there is risk in football just like there always was and will be. Yet, parents now are a bunch of pansy asses; oh I can't let little junior get hurt.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    A big problem is the parents. Yep, there is risk in football just like there always was and will be. Yet, parents now are a bunch of pansy asses; oh I can't let little junior get hurt.
    Yes and no. Parents are pushing their kids harder in harder with sports like basketball, baseball, and soccer. These travel teams are going everywhere and it is actually wearing out their bodies. See the ESPN article document how travel BB is killing kids joints before they ever turn 20.

Also, if you are calling people pansys, the toughest NFL player ever, Brett Favre, just came out and said he does not want his Grandkids playing tackle football before the age of 14.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Yes and no. Parents are pushing their kids harder in harder with sports like basketball, baseball, and soccer. These travel teams are going everywhere and it is actually wearing out their bodies. See the ESPN article document how travel BB is killing kids joints before they ever turn 20.

Also, if you are calling people pansys, the toughest NFL player ever, Brett Favre, just came out and said he does not want his Grandkids playing tackle football before the age of 14.
    Bret is not a pansy.....he said his grandkids could play football.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Maybe it had something to do with the missing $3.7m ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post

Which is silly because little kids are slow and the hard hitting doesn't start until about that age.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!