Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Hedberg

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Randy Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Green-N-Gold View Post
    It's the off-season. LOL.
    Ugh. Don't remind me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Likely will be here until he feels the need to retire too. Don't think he has any aspirations to be anything more than he already as he's already getting up there in age.

Got the chance to introduce myself to him last summer at the youth camps as he went to HS with several relatives.
    What is the surname of your Parshall relatives? I had cousins who grew up there. I grew up in New Town and was fortunate to be able to watch Hedberg dominate in every sport in played.

He'll be 66 at the end of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    What is the surname of your Parshall relatives? I had cousins who grew up there. I grew up in New Town and was fortunate to be able to watch Hedberg dominate in every sport in played.
    I remember playing against him in college , the ball hummed when he threw it and sounded like a fastball hitting the catcher mitt on short routes

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    100% agree. I can't help but wonder if Brock would have been even better with Randy.
    Assuming Zeb is guy for the next season (spring or fall). I am curious how Randy can change his game. All the arm talent in the world, but not as mobile as others.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Assuming Zeb is guy for the next season (spring or fall). I am curious how Randy can change his game. All the arm talent in the world, but not as mobile as others.
    I think we may be surprised how mobile he can be. He's not going to be Lance or Wentz level mobile but my guess is that he can get his yards when needed. But yes that will change the play calling and I assume it does change Hedberg's approach a bit. But I have to think the majority of what Hedberg is teaching these guys is the knowledge of the game and reading defenses which probably doesn't change much based on the ability to run.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think we may be surprised how mobile he can be. He's not going to be Lance or Wentz level mobile but my guess is that he can get his yards when needed. But yes that will change the play calling and I assume it does change Hedberg's approach a bit. But I have to think the majority of what Hedberg is teaching these guys is the knowledge of the game and reading defenses which probably doesn't change much based on the ability to run.
    Don't forget technique......he said in multiple interviews Trey needed a ton of work going under center; sounded like Hedberg basically taught him the appropriate footwork. (Not super easy.....if you never tried to take a coherent 5-7 step drop like QBs do in drills, it is harder than you think.....)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Don't forget technique......he said in multiple interviews Trey needed a ton of work going under center; sounded like Hedberg basically taught him the appropriate footwork. (Not super easy.....if you never tried to take a coherent 5-7 step drop like QBs do in drills, it is harder than you think.....)
    Great point, yes technique would be a big thing taught and review endlessly by the QB coach.

Noland's rushing stats in high school were very low as well.

55 carries for 34 yards. The site (Max Preps) didn't say which of these attempts were for negative/sack yards.

A category further down on the page identifies "All Purpose Yards" with that same total (34 yards) on 34 rushing attempts. So the additional 21 attempts may have been sacks.

Interesting too, that he only played 14 HS games. 3 as a junior and 11 as a senior (at QB). Perhaps he was converted to QB late during his junior season.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    Sent you a PM.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk